BAT Errata

Lemon Merchant

Not Quite Sonic
Retired Moderator
I'm starting a thread, on errors in BAT specifically. There is a bug reporting thread already, but it mostly is related to BUG and BULL.

So, if you have noticed an issue specific to BAT: Missing, or wrong graphics, etc., then please post them in this thread.

If you have installation issues, please note that there is a couple of missing folders in the BAT 2.2 zip file. They are not necessary in my version of BAT, which is why they were not included in the zip file. I will post EF's response fix in this thread a little later for those having issues with that.

Spoiler :
(Also, as of this writing, (March 23) the new installer is almost complete, but the .exe version of BAT will not be available until late next week, unless I can find some upload access before then. Sorry for the delay, but I am away from home, atm, and I currently depend on the kindness of friends for my internet access.)

Known issues in BAT 2.2:

1. Carthage's Heavy Footman has the wrong button graphic in the city screen. The unit graphic is fine.

2. The Mod's zip file does not contain a UserSettings folder. If you use BAT as a mod rather than the single user method (with BUG installed separately in Custom Assets), you will need to create that folder in the BAT 2.2 folder for BAT to populate.

3. Some users are having a CTD when returning to the main menu under Windows 7. Currently, the BUG team cannot reproduce this issue, but we are collecting data regarding it. If you encounter this issue, please post the relevant details (Where BAT is installed, OS version, 32 or 64 bit, type of graphics card, etc.) The more common things we can rule out... maybe we'll find a fix.

Update: If you're still having a CTD error, please see Here for a possible fix.

4. The English Redcoat artwork is incorrect. The Mustketman actually appears as the Redcoat, and vice versa. This will be corrected in an upcoming release.

I will add to this list as more data is available.

Update: Fix for Iron Working crash in BAT 2.3 with some Civs

Lymond has identified a CTD when doing trades for Iron Working with the Maya. It's the result of a faulty Art Define tag in the Cultural CityStyles component XML. When moving into the Classical era, the game crashes for some Civs. GeoModder has released a fix for it, and I'm posting it here:

View attachment 260879

Just unzip it into your BAT Mod2.3\Assets\XML\Buildings folder. It's best to rename the CIV4PlotSystem.xml file first, k? :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Please post any errors or bugs for BAT in this thread, with as much detail as possible. The inclusion of error logs would be most appreciated. If you manage to get BAT to hang, like I did last night, please post a saved game.

My excuse is that my copy is heavily modified and I goofed up something in the XML, but that's BAT 2.2.x.x.x... If you can hang BAT 2.2, I'd like to know, please. :)

I get this notification when I start the game and it won't go off, how do you resolve it? Also, I use Windows 7 and game crashes when I want to exit to main menu.

Spoiler :

Scratch first error, I resolved that, I saw late your second point.

I get this notification when I start the game and it won't go off, how do you resolve it? Also, I use Windows 7 and game crashes when I want to exit to main menu.
I updated the above. See point # 3, please.

[
2. The Mod's zip file does not contain a User Settings folder. If you use BAT as a mod rather than the single user method, you will need to create that folder in the BAT 2.2 folder for BAT to populate.

I created a folder named User Settings (then Settings, then User settings) in the BAT folder in the Documents directory and i still get the error.

I have Vista 64bit and i have installed the BAT mod in the Documents/My games/ folder.

What i am doing wrong? :(

The problem is that the path specified in CvModName is incorrect, it looks for UserSettings in a Bug mod folder.

When installed as a mod, the UserSettings folder goes into the root mod folder. Say you are playing "Super Mod" it will look in "Mods/Super Mod/UserSettings". The name of the mod folder is no longer grabbed using CvModName. The value in there is used only when the mod is installed to CustomAssets. Then it must match the name of a folder inside My Games or My Games / BTS or BTS.

...The name of the mod folder is no longer grabbed using CvModName.
When was this change made? How does it do it figure out where to look now?

This was a while ago (over a year). Dresden figured out that you can get the name of the mod folder by creating a CyReplayInfo object. Check out BugPath.initModFolder().

Ok I have one more. I installed BUG mode separately and copied UserSettings folder to BAT mode, and that resolved crashes (I'm using windows 7).

But once in game, when you go to options for BAT mode, it didn't want to remember my field of view even though that option was selected, and also when I went to science advisor and check box for show era for the tech (which gives a tech outline color showing you which tech belongs in which era on F6 screen) that one also didn't want to remember it between two separate game sessions.

Now I went to config folder and changed those values in XML files to be what I want them to be and it works fine. But I have no clue why it didn't want it to remember those values in game.

@ahmedhadzi - It sounds like a directory permissions issue. Are you running the game as administrator? The other option is to put the UserSettings folder inside a "BUG Mod" or "BAT Mod" (I don't know if BAT is fixed in this regard) in your My Games folder:

Code:
My Games/
  [B]BUG Mod/[/B]
    [B]UserSettings/[/B]

@ahmedhadzi: Win 7 and Vista won't allow write access to the normal install directories for BTS when the game is running, unless you run the game as administrator. It's to keep files from being corrupted in that folder, which is usually C:\Users\*Current User*\AppData. AppData is a hidden, protected folder in Windows. This is more of Microsoft "helping" us "dumb users" not muck our systems up, and it's quite frustrating, really, as it is rather undocumented.

You should always run BTS as admin, regardless.

As an aside, I generally install the latest BUG version into Custom Assets prior to installing BAT. I play other mods occasionally, and I can't live without BUG. What this does for me is to remove the need for the UserSettings folder inside BAT, and that is the reason that it isn't in the install zip file. I didn't think it was necessary. That will be corrected when the installer version is released, and I will update the zip at the same time. :crazyeye:

I'm pretty sure this isn't a bug but when I select a unit in the early game from the "What do you want to build next" pop-up it actually enters a keep building that particular unit mode (like alt-X) is what I'm trying to say. I checked my options screen and don't see anything there. Or maybe I'm just missing it. Thanks.

There are two options on the City Screen tab under Miscellaneous (lower right corner): Build Civilian/Military Units Continuously. Uncheck them both.

In BUG & BULL there used to be an option to sort through large stacks of units, like selecting only those units which are eligible for promotion. But in BAT I can't find those buttons, have they been removed on purpose or is this some installation error.

Sorry if this issue has been addressed before, I did a google search but couldn't come up with anything.

On the Plot List tab of the BUG Options screen make sure to select the PLE drawing style and check the Filter Buttons checkbox.

Top Bottom