BTS + BUFFY/BAT bugs whenever I press a key

wladdy

Chieftain
Be I in the map or in a city view, the technology advisor tree pops up whenever I press any key. It then remains frozen for at least one good minute before I can exit it the usual way.

The appeared after I installed the BAT Mod 4.0. I uninstalled BAT and BTS and then reinstalled BTS and installed BUFFY 3.19.003. Unfortunately the problem persists, even when I unload BUFFY before running the gaeme.

Is there a solution to this problem without having to reinstall BTS and BUFFY (the final combo that I intend to use) ? If not, what is the procedure to uninstall fully, that is to remove all traces of BTS and installed Mods. I assume that the problem comes from some BAT elements that I did not delete…

Many thanks.

I’m on BTS v 319, save v 302, build 3.1.9.0, downloaded from Steam onto a Win8 64 PC.

BAT *should* not cause that, but it is self contained. If the installer didn't take it out properly, just delete the BAT Mod 4.0 folder from your \Documents\My Games\BTS\Mods folder and there will be no more BAT. BAT doesn't modify any of the game's files, so I don't know how any effects (supposedly) caused by BAT 4.0 would linger after uninstall, but...

Are you sure you haven't accidentally altered the game's core files somehow? Also, some mods may not play nice with Steam versions. I have no experience with Civ4 and Steam, so I can't say for sure, but I know that some downloaded Civ versions don't play well with mods. That may be what is happening here.

Top Bottom