Term II - Commune of Foreign Affairs

I don't know any of their members, but based on the civ choice BAT and GWT are both great partners for us. With two financial civs on our side we can dominate the research game, while our samurai can provide defense.

Regarding the BAT-GWT-CFC alliance:

I suggest we tell BAT that we are too committed to COG to leave them out of our considerations. That way we can avoid the alliance issue for now.

If we form such an alliance then anyone else who finds out about it will rightfully regard us as enemies.

It is too early in the game to make such a binding decision. Rather than betting on which three will win the game now, we need only be sure that four other die before us.

It seams likely that GCA will attack us sooner or later. In such an eventuality how much aid will BAT be able to offer? Bless their harts, they no doubt mean well, but they just don't have troops to spare. And how far are GWT willing to go on our behalf when we have had no meaningful communication with them? And how will we appeal to COG for aid, or at least neutrality, when we have committed ourselves to go to the finals without them?

Whomever we form the threeway with, we must keep it underwraps when talking to the non-alliance civilizations. We need to avoid making enemies that way, as 1889 pointed out.

Right now we're just speculating. It most likely will be a BAT-CFC alliance, and we'll analyze each possibility for a third partner. COG has the early start, but GWT is another good choice.

Who knows? EVG or, :rolleyes: even CBR might present better allies.

I'm counting GCA out. :p

From BAT

Hi,

Efficient discussions are difficult with this type of short messages, and we
would like to clarify the diplomatic situation (particularly with GWT and COG),
so we propose to organize a new meeting. If you agree with this idee, please
send us as soon as possible your disponibility.

Sincerily,

Abukhir from the BAT

And my response

Greetings,

As of this current time we are too committed to COG to not consider them, however we agree that a discussion is in order. We have officers available most hours and most days. I personally am most available on weekdays before 23:00 GMT. We look forward to our meeting

croxis
Fanatica Commune of Foreign Affairs

did you already send the response? if not take the bit about COG out :)

it sounds like were demanding things :)

BCLG100 said:
did you already send the response? if not take the bit about COG out :)

it sounds like were demanding things :)

Really? I don't think so and I hope they don't think so either. Besides when they mentioned the BAT-CFC-GWT thing they suggested that we may not be able to leave COG behind. Anyway I'd personally rather avoid the whole 3 way alliance all together until this game gets down to the final four. :evil:

that was a HUGE mistake..the part about COG. NOW we are on the outside looking in with them thinking we have choosen COG over them. NOW we have to make a long term deal with COG before they make the same offer to COG and we are left being dead.

RULE 1...NEVER give away who you are CURRENTLY WORKING WITH in any diplo discussion with any CIV. Unless it serves your purpose.

This may end up costing us dearly. Major screw up.

it isnt a major screw up and is redeemable just i wouldnt have put it in.

we're not deeling with COG however we have put BAT in the driving seat regarding the discovery of alpha-they could trade this with anyone and we just have to make sure they are aware they are our first choice partners

Sorry if it just me, but the message sounds to me like we do consider COG, think they're nice chaps and all. But that we still want to get along with BAT. Of course we're considering things, we're not morons commiting ourselves to one party. But it should be clear to them that we prefer them. (And if possible it should be clear to COG that we prefer them :p)

GWT call themselves "Nibelungen" now, what's that? Also can our UN or FA ask them to post team information, their link goes nowhere.

Ring der Nibelungen is a famous piece of german literature

wikipedia

Dear Croxis!

Several days ago you asked us for our known contacts. At this moment we
got to know all other teams and imagine, we are really seven nations in
this world!

At the moment our nation is developing and nothing of particular
interest happened. Do you have other issues to discuss?

Ah, yes, there is one more thing. Please use the e-mail address
cfc-gwt-embassy@gmx.de for further e-mail communication. Please don't
feel irritated, I'm further the official representative of the
Nibelungen to your powerful empire.

With best regards,

Bratscher, ambassador of the Nibelungen

ten charactatureigooglebum

Why would we feel irritated? :hmm:

They know everyone? :eek: That means they have six opposing teams vying for their friendship. We need to continue our friendly relations with them if we want them as an ally possibility.

We should let them know we don't know CBR nor EVG yet. :)

Maybe it also means they are in the center and most in danger of a two front war.

Is wrapping on? We could all be in a center of a wrapped world-map, and maybe they were just lucky (unlucky?) to meet everyone already.

Top Bottom