Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

Alright, I will try that, thanks.

EDIT:
I have just realised how large the mods you suggested are, and with my connection, it would take literally hours to download either. WOuld it be possible for you to upload your Longboat folder?

I find this mod amazing (and I also imported Marla Singer's World Map to Rise and Rule extended), but I finding puzzling as to:

1. Why the Maya were removed?
2. Why weren't the leaderheads replaced for the added civilizations?

The Maya were removed to make room for another civ that the modders wanted in there. Regular Mayans are pretty powerful, so it probably wasn't a bad choice.

As for the leaderheads....there's quite a bit of unfinished art in the game. The reused leaderheads you see were to be placeholders until new artwork was finished. Obviously, no one ever got around to it.

I'm coming back after a long time of no posting, even no logging... nevertheless i'm up here with a small question. If it's on a wrong place, i apologize in advance.

I really enjoy this mod, so much i no longer play standard Conquests. Today it came up to my mind doing a minor modifications in order to try the editor and see how my creativity works.

I wanted to give a deeper initial differences to each tribe... so i created 16 new techs, which in order leads to the 8 basics. I named them: Origins. By example, Harvest & Land sharing are the prerequisites to research Cultivation. This in turn, reflects on starting techs. An agricultural civilizations, Babylon, starts with both; another, Egypt, starts with Harvest only. This compensates by having both Division of labor & Tools, the prerequisites to research Masonry.

I also managed to set some of the initial units and building requiring Origins. By example, Granary now requires Basketeer (allowed by Harvest) but the sum of costs of both builidings is the same as the Granary had.

I did some extra adjustments, raising food consumption to 5 and food production accordingly, because i found really attractive the idea of slow growth in the initial stages. I didn't add any new entry, graphics or any other stuff, i just set them to existing ones... even if duplicated. Basketeer and Granary use the same entry & graphics.

I just played a couple of turns and it crashed. If you need the .biq file to help me, i don't know how to upload it.

Thanks in advance for any way to fix this problem.

Keep civilized,

David

AppName: civ3conquests.exe AppVer: 1.21.0.0 ModName: civ3conquests.exe
ModVer: 1.21.0.0 Offset: 0021ae3d

Exception Information
Code: 0xc0000005 Flags: 0x00000000
Record: 0x0000000000000000 Adress: 0x0000000061ae3d

And a lot of more pages i don't know how to copy and paste

Well, not that kind of crash pop-up. I mean the one where it says " 'Missing File in: ANIMNAME:pRTO_blahblah' The game will now exit."

This is the only type of pop-up I know how to fix.

And also, all you have to do to copy something is highlight something then right click and copy, then right click paste where you want it to go.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. :(

The rest of the error report was unrightclickable... :crazyeye:

Anyway, there's no message about a missing file. It's just an announcement that the game will close. Of course, normal RAR works perfectly... ;)

Just by reading you're helping a lot. On trying to give me suggestions, a lot more. Thank you... :)

It may be possible you have put too many techs in. I seem to remember reading something about the techs in RaR reaching the limit.
If you upload the .biq, I will have a look, though I dont know much about it.

Fixed it!

As i gave the warrior a tech prerequisite... some civs tried to build "nothing", so there came the crash.
I just added the warden which upgrades to warrior, and anything is fine. I'm playtesting for the augmented food consumption. If you wanna give a try, i left the zip file attached.

Keep civilized,

David

PS: There are some minor flavor changes to some civ names, such as Erin instead of Celts or Tawantinsuyu instead of Incans.

Attachments

• RAR Origins extended.zip
    53.5 KB · Views: 120
Glad you fixed it, and, was that sarcasm in that last sentence of yours? :nono: ;)

Just by reading you're helping a lot. On trying to give me suggestions, a lot more. Thank you...

Have a great Civ 3 experience!

hey is there anywhere that i can find a world map that works on 1.4, i would give my first born for an updated map that includes all of the new resources and whatnots
marla singers would be ideal, or something of that quality

please please please

Well, yesterday i got into a civ coma... that's it i was about ten hours adding the sixteen Origins techs on the tree. I just used MS Word, to have some layout ideas... and i got caught. :crazyeye:

I also fixed some minor details, as raising the food consumption was not enough... i had to also raise pop cost of settler units, because even with 5 food units/person city grow wasn't kept on check.

I'll continue playtesting. Here is the new biq file, an sheet resume of changes and the tech tree.

Keep civilized,

David

PS: that's my standard farewell sentence i use in this fora, no sarcasm intended... ;)

Attachments

• Origins.zip
    69.2 KB · Views: 87
I have a tiny problem here. It begins with the following quote, found in the first post of this MASSIVE thread:

Important: To be able to play RaR, you need the unit animation folders "World War II" and "Medieval Japan". These folders were part of the PtW addon, but are not included in C3C. However, the files are available to download individually here.
Or alternatively, just get the 'Extras Patch' containing only the units used in the RAR mod....etc.

I have the "Medieval Japan" section of these animation folders, but not the "World War II" section. When I tried to get it through the Link, it turned out to be dead.

I was wondering if someone who has the PTW animation folders would either post them here OR, if someone knows where a Link that works is, could post information on where it may be found. I spent about two hours searching and was unable to find it - I even searched the actual sequence of "PTWciv3/extras/World War II" and still could not find what I wanted.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated. Thx.

Thank-you, I appreciate it. The LINK you sent has what I wanted at the bottom, but the other Links serve to present the whole of RaR to anyone who needs it.

All of these links work - I DL'd all of them.

I was having no luck at searching the site. Perhaps I was just using the wrong wording.

Thank-you once again, PaGe. :)

can anyone please help me find a world map updated to 1.4???
i cant find one anywhere!!!

I was trying to made my maps - worlds more rich with resources, but when I start changing appearence ratio in rules I can't balance other resources that should appear and etc... For the begining (if someone can help me), I would be gratefull to hear how can I mod generating the world with as much resources as there are civs on map... example - 8 civs: 8 oil; 8 coal; 8 uranium... etc...

Thanks....

Top Bottom