Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

Often a unit may have a misspelling, look in RaR/Art/units for the unit. If there is a unit, check to see if it is the same as "file not found" message. If not rename the file. If it is the same, often it is the .ini file that has a problem. It's been a while since I have played this excellent epic mod,but I remember the fixes were not that difficult.

hey i'm having some trouble. i'm playing as the Americans with the map size huge. i'm at war with the Eqyptians, and there are two cities that i have units close to that i can capture, but when i capture one or the other the game freezes(no error message) and i have to control>alt>delete out of the game.

EDIT:

ok, i figured out what was wrong: i was playing with mass regicide and each of the cities i was attacking had one of Egypt's last two "King" units, and when i took both cities the game wasn't frozen per say, it was merely taking awhile to process the elimination of the Egyptian empire. it appears that i have to work on my patience:blush:

Help!
I have bought the last Civilization III Complete version. I have installed this mod in the Scenario folder and it didn't work. I have then tried to install it in the Scenario folder, which is in the Conquest folder, but it still doesn't work. What should I do?

Why do modern governments think that an ancient republic model is the best system of government? This is about my only gripe with an otherwise fantastic mod. Is this a bug or am I just doing something wrong? :confused:

it is good to see recent activity in this thread
last time I tried playing civ3 in windows 7 it had some issues but I'm really thinking about taking the time to get it working and going back to civ3 plus rar
I never really got into civ4 and although I'm liking 5 better than 4, 3+rar is still my favorite and 5 has been having issues since the last patch

it is good to see recent activity in this thread
last time I tried playing civ3 in windows 7 it had some issues but I'm really thinking about taking the time to get it working and going back to civ3 plus rar
I never really got into civ4 and although I'm liking 5 better than 4, 3+rar is still my favorite and 5 has been having issues since the last patch

Some of the probs I had were because Win7 makes a Programs Files (x86) directory for 32 bit programs. Install Civ 3 to a directory that does not have "()" or special-characters. I simply made a new directory ProgramFilesX86 and reinstalled it there to keep it out of my 64 bit directory. All worked fine after that.

Hey, I'm having some trouble with RAR v1.02, and it's simple. Combat animations no longer finish properly. Two units whack each other just fine, but when the killing blow lands, the game freezes and skips past the death animation.

It's jarring.

What can be done to fix it?

I just rebought CivIII just so I could play this mod again :)

Just wanted to say what a great mod this is, certainly brings flavor back to an old game. I can't believe it took me so long to come across it but better late than never.

Could someone point me in the direction of the unit graphics, I can't find it anywhere. I don't understand why the first post isn't updated to include the new links. Obviously many people have found it and it works.

Could someone point me in the direction of the unit graphics, I can't find it anywhere. I don't understand why the first post isn't updated to include the new links. Obviously many people have found it and it works.

Check page 118. The link is there.

An addition that turns a good game into great one.

I am just wondering if it is normal for ai civs to get really ahead in late ancient ages/early middle ages and then totally fall behind? Played 2 games on monarch so far, very interesting until I got into industrial age, where I just surged ahead.

What is theocracy regime good for? Is there some hidden bonus? All I can see is crap worker rate, crap max sliders and high war wariness.

Best Civ3 mod of all mods, really. Still playing it already for 3 years - "RAR only" life mod:)
IMHO maybe "Medieval European Mod" can match RAR, but MEM has its natural tech and era limits.

Great thanx to developers!

Top Bottom