New patch not downloaded correctly. Game broken!

Hiram

XML Plebian
Steam didn't download and install the latest patch correctly and now I've been getting runtime crashes on custom maps with some of JFD's mod civs which use some of the new Lua components from the patch. I've tried all of the following to fix the problem:

-Verifying the game cache
-Clean reinstall
-Restarted Steam

None of these have worked. Short of getting a new computer is there anything else I can try? Tbh the 'uninstall' that steam does doesn't seem to actually remove the game from the system completely...

Please help! Soon everyone will be using elements of the new patch in their mod civs and I'm not sure what implications this has for my own mods (whether I can keep making them if my game doesn't work).

Manually delete all files under Civ5 directories yourself. Delete all files that are not saves in the games folder in Windows Users. Do not load any old saves unless you really want to, and then note if they work or not. If they do not work, then they may be lost as playable at any point in time.

Manually delete all files under Civ5 directories yourself. Delete all files that are not saves in the games folder in Windows Users. Do not load any old saves unless you really want to, and then note if they work or not. If they do not work, then they may be lost as playable at any point in time.

Tried that, still hasn't fixed the problem. Steam still refuses to apply the patch properly. I've spent days trying to fix this thing and at this point I'm about ready to move on :(.

Try downloading one of the demos. If you have an issue, then there is something going on with your network connection. If it works just fine, then you may have to go back to a windows restore point from before Oct.

Try downloading one of the demos. If you have an issue, then there is something going on with your network connection. If it works just fine, then you may have to go back to a windows restore point from before Oct.

I've since downloaded CivBE with no problems and I've got no restore points earlier than 3/11... game over it seems :[.

Are you using any mods with BE? Did you remove all the mod's from Civ5 and try it without mods?

Top Bottom