Washington State set to legalize Gay Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really want more than 1 wife? You haven't met many women I guess :lol:

Why can't I have more than one wife, Polygamaphobia must be stopped!

As far as I'm concerned, you should have that right. However, because one group is discriminated against doesn't make it right for one to attack yet another group.

Marriage should only matter to the ones married. What the hell do I care who marries who? How is it any of my business. On a related point, how is sodomy not legal in many places?

At least Polygamists can marry one person they want, LGBTers don't even get that right, so your snarky point doesn't even make much sense in that context.

Christianity is a behaviour too.

Uh, no homosexuality is not a "behavior", it is a sexuality, like being straight isn't considered a "behavior"

Plessy was born of mixed race, it was what he was, he was treated poorly because of racism. Homosexuality is a behavior, and comparing it to race is spitting in the face of people like Plessy.

That point is irrelevant. You shouldn't have to prove that you should have a right. You should have to prove that you shouldn't have a right. Why not say that stupid (because they don't like to study) people can't marry? Ugly (because they don't take care of themselves) people? People in the South (who expertly combine the first two characteristics)?

Plessy was born of mixed race, it was what he was, he was treated poorly because of racism. Homosexuality is a behavior, and comparing it to race is spitting in the face of people like Plessy.

Being married to a mixed race woman, who is a religious minority, you have no right to tell me I'm being dismissive towards people like Plessy.

Christianity is a behaviour too.

But you see, discrimination against Christians is bad and different because

Again, I like how people use the "It's a choice!" to justify treating LGBT people like crap, I guess the logic is "Oh if they don't like it, maybe they should stop being gay "

But gay leaders have organised mass genocidal wars against people not following their particular behaviour, and stuff. I think.

As far as I'm concerned, you should have that right. However, because one group is discriminated against doesn't make it right for one to attack yet another group.

Marriage should only matter to the ones married. What the hell do I care who marries who? How is it any of my business. On a related point, how is sodomy not legal in many places?

Agreed, I hate how polygamy is tossed around as an argument, because hey if we can tie this to an even more unpopular group more power to them, cant wait for him to bring up bestiality.

And yes, for the record if a group of people want to enter into a polygamist marriage I believe they should have that right. Obvious everyone only gets marriage benefits one time and not stacking, but I see no reason why willing adults should be denied that ability.

But gay leaders have organised mass genocidal wars against people not following their particular behaviour, and stuff. I think.

The great pink war of 2011 was a tradegy that has yet to be surpassed in it's horror and sheer fabulousity

If homosexuality is a choice, wouldn't that make heterosexuality a choice too thus unnatural? Think about for sec, If I pick to be a homosexual that means I also can pick to be a heterosexual to. Therefore making heterosexuality a choice.

I love the behavior argument, as though you can be sexually attracted to whoever you want. Heck everyone should just be happy to date morbidly obese people, because you can choose to be attracted to them if you so desire.

And if it a choice, why in the world would anyone choose to be part of a regularly discriminated group when they can just as easily choose to like all american girls? Argument carries no merit.

Because being gay is "cool" and "edgy". It's also great for teenage rebellion.

See those homosexuals in Iran, that were executed, they wanted to be executed because they "chose" to be homosexual, much like the homosexuals put in to concentration camps in WW2, because it's a choice and there is nothing at all offensive with this implication

Exactly.

Plus, if you get beaten up (not killed) you can go on Ellen's show and pay your way through college without having to join the army and be forced to kill people. How cowardly is that?

Pfft, you guys are so old school. You're not one of the cool kids unless you're brutally murdered for being gay. Get with the times, gramps.

Seriously, how many times are we going to do this little dance with Celtic? Seems like it happens every time there's a new thread on gay marriage.

Especially in rural america or places like the middle east where someone might kill you for it. Makes perfect sense why someone would choose that path!

In rural America homosexuality is legal, and it is in parts of the Middle East. Just because doing something results in the death penalty doesn't mean people will not do it, argument invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom