Caveman 2 Cosmos

Guys I have to say that one negative thing that I thought that will never be fixed was significantly improved. Turn completions are indeed much faster. I currently play on standard map with almost 30 civs and industrial era goes at least twice as fast as in my last game which was on small map with dozen civs. Impressive work! With industrialism fixed I really feel like this mod is moving forward.

My main reservations now are: AI is still very far from equal(I play on immortal and the most advanced AI is more than one era behind me) and there are tons of hardly useful buildings in city queues which I have to go through quite often(I dont use copy city queue method).

cheers

I totally agree to what Vaya said!
Now I can play through all eras even with many civs and revolutions and barbarian civs on, without having too wait for hours for turn completion :goodjob:
On the buildings topic: I do like that there are many of them, but I do understand that it has now reached a point where it doesn't seem wise to implement many more...
However, I do not like the many formerly unique buildings that now give large boni (e.g. "Terrace" and "Pavillion"). I don't like that I can so easily get +2 Hapiness (Pavillion+Dye) if I have already got a Theater, while having to pay +20% maintenance for a Florist. Maybe you should adjust these, or even take few buildings out, that do the same thing as others. Nevertheless, I do like many new buildings like the "houses" :)

On the religions topic: I do like the many religions (gimme more :jesus: ), because they do represent great communities which do have (or had) influence in the world. And if you become Secular, nobody hates you anymore (I always play as secular with many religions). Still, I believe the nations should not dislike each other as much as in "Vanilla" game if they have different religions, because that does result in much more "Holy Wars"...

also noticed a bug: "Powerlines" gives Power to every city, even when I don't have any power plant? That isn't supposed to be so, is it?
(Noticed this in v13, not sure if it's fixed already...)

...best mod for Civ4! (Inequation concerning the fun: Civ4 + C2C > Civ5 )

I don't really mind the many religions, only the "everybody hates each other" mentality that comes with it. Sure, Secular, or not having a State Religion, removes that for ME, what about the wars blossoming up everywhere else between AI's due to religious dogmas? (besides not liking to almost be forced after enough time to take either to keep peace).

Another way my issue could be solved is by changing the effect religions have on attitude. Two or more might be opposing while others can co-exist with any other religion. Could even take it as far as having opposing religions (except for Holy Cities) unable to be in the same city, or if they are they greatly increase civil unrest.

Religions I think could co-exist with any other (i.e. no attitude from religion): Druidism, Shamanism, Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism, Confucianism.
Totally opposing might be Islam, Christianity and Judaism. (what happened to the Catholic people) Attitude might be doubled for those.

Most of the rest I don't know enough about really to have an opinion of who they'd be against though it seems those that originate around the same time or have similar beliefs might be a little against each other.

Cheers.

Herbalist random event bug still exists. I thought this was fixed but..
Any of three option does not work.

Also, how do you turn "no future era" off? I am trying to play as the Pirates. maybe that has something to do with it :confused:

This one occurs in a weird fashion. Loading the game worked. The English enter Newcastle and the game instantly goes OOS.

Max Comp save attached.

Cheers.

I'd like to see Toy Maker - Toy Store - Toy plant providing happiness/culture

Its on my very long To-Do list along with Candy Shop, Ice Cream Parlor, Electronics Store, etc. I just have not done too much with the later eras. I have been focusing more on the prehistoric and ancient era stuff since that's what gets played most and was most lacking when we began C2C.

However, I do not like the many formerly unique buildings that now give large boni (e.g. "Terrace" and "Pavillion"). I don't like that I can so easily get +2 Hapiness (Pavillion+Dye) if I have already got a Theater, while having to pay +20% maintenance for a Florist. Maybe you should adjust these, or even take few buildings out, that do the same thing as others. Nevertheless, I do like many new buildings like the "houses" :)

I am actually working on this. I was just going to fix the Terrace today. Its going to be more like the Chinampa than a Granary (which is what it was before). I will have to look at the Pavilion too. Much of those were done fast when taking them out from Unique Buildings and making them general ones. Many of them need major tweaking still to make them less like they were and more as a unique type of building.

I don't really mind the many religions, only the "everybody hates each other" mentality that comes with it. Sure, Secular, or not having a State Religion, removes that for ME, what about the wars blossoming up everywhere else between AI's due to religious dogmas? (besides not liking to almost be forced after enough time to take either to keep peace).

Another way my issue could be solved is by changing the effect religions have on attitude. Two or more might be opposing while others can co-exist with any other religion. Could even take it as far as having opposing religions (except for Holy Cities) unable to be in the same city, or if they are they greatly increase civil unrest.

Religions I think could co-exist with any other (i.e. no attitude from religion): Druidism, Shamanism, Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism, Confucianism.
Totally opposing might be Islam, Christianity and Judaism. (what happened to the Catholic people) Attitude might be doubled for those.

Most of the rest I don't know enough about really to have an opinion of who they'd be against though it seems those that originate around the same time or have similar beliefs might be a little against each other.

Cheers.

Maybe this can be addressed by a bonus or penalty to diplomacy for certain religions? If your state religion is one more accepted by other religions as a whole, it provides a bonus. If it is a religion whose tenets are often in conflict with others, then it provides a penalty.

However, the counter argument to that would be that the game we play-- the world of Civilization-- does not necessarily equate to the real world. So even if Druidic Traditions hasn't been the cause of world wars in the real world, doesn't mean it couldn't have taken a different path in the alternate world we play in the game.

Generally speaking, I'd say that the religious leaders are more the cause of wars than the religion itself. Just as governments are more the cause of wars than the normal citizens living in their nations.

That being said, this IS a game, and there should be some sort of difference between aspects of the game-- in this case religions. More than aesthetic differences, which is all the Vanilla Civ really had, I like unique units, unique religious buildings that provide different types of bonuses, and even overall nation-wide bonuses/penalties based on the religion you choose.

Guys I have to say that one negative thing that I thought that will never be fixed was significantly improved. Turn completions are indeed much faster. I currently play on standard map with almost 30 civs and industrial era goes at least twice as fast as in my last game which was on small map with dozen civs. Impressive work! With industrialism fixed I really feel like this mod is moving forward.

My main reservations now are: AI is still very far from equal(I play on immortal and the most advanced AI is more than one era behind me) and there are tons of hardly useful buildings in city queues which I have to go through quite often(I dont use copy city queue method).

cheers

I am all for speedier turns. As mentioned in an earlier post, with one of the earlier builds (I think 9) it took 20 minutes between turns-- literally pressing Enter to end the turn and waiting 20 minutes before the next turn.

With that in mind, I would choose faster turns than a smarter AI any day. While it's good to see an AI behaving intelligently, the game is just unplayable if you get to a point where you have to wait that long for a single turn. I'm not sure if the two are related, but I would suspect so. Hopefully some kind of compromise can be made to create a decent AI, while maintaining quick turns. :)

I made a small patch that adds costs to the units according to their strength (military) or value (business-trading) - in the late Middle Ages, I have pretty good speed - on a giant map of the Earth, almost all built-up (160 + cities 25 + nationalities )
on Core I7 4GHz turn takes about a minute
- Huge armies are no more like before
- The number of workers - a minimum of necessary
- You always think - before you build a new unit ...

If someone is interested in this patch - I will give exe-file with sources
(MS Studio 2010 - C #)

First I want to congratulate you on your excellent work and thank you for your taking the trouble to do. I'm spanish and I would like to translate this wonderful mod. Do you mind if I translate your mod?

First I want to congratulate you on your excellent work and thank you for your taking the trouble to do. I'm Spanish and I would like to translate this wonderful mod. Do you mind if I translate your mod?

Most definitely, thx.

And Welcome to CFC. I will be putting a new update out today.

UPDATED 2 Aug 11, 4:15 a.m.

Some of the changes include, almost ALL new terrain, water, coastal waves, etc.

Lots of tweaks to the dll, to IMPROVE turn times, and especially the way the AI NOW works, really bug change on that, need info on the way they are working now.

Brand new way of Culture for each and every civ, has there own way of working the situation were they are placed on a map, with the resources that they have in vicinity.

Added Australia to the core mod as an Oceania Culture.

HALF the size of the old mod, which also means again better turn times.

This is only 1/8 of what "we" have done from version 14 to 15.

I'm back, I think, after a 14hr drive (with breaks).

Religions - you can turn on and off all the extra religions, ie those not in RoM, by going to the MLF file in Assets/Modules/DancingHoskuld/Custom_Religions and changing 1 to 0 for those you don't want. However, you will sevearly handicap AI leaders with those religions as their favorite religion so you will need to edit the leaders file also.

I'm back, I think, after a 14hr drive (with breaks).

Religions - you can turn on and off all the extra religions, ie those not in RoM, by going to the MLF file in Assets/Modules/DancingHoskuld/Custom_Religions and changing 1 to 0 for those you don't want. However, you will sevearly handicap AI leaders with those religions as their favorite religion so you will need to edit the leaders file also.

Welcome back, hope you had a nice "Road Trip.";)

Hi

Only played a few turns but comments are:-

1) Still seems to be way to many Neanderthals. I changed the setting to False to stop them but would prefer that they did spawn but in more limited numbers.

2) No problems with black terrain - YAY! :)

3) Some units seem to change the unit icon e.g. a Wanderer will show as a Prophet and an animal will show as a barbarian. These change "during" the turn for some reason. This also happened to me in the previous version.

4) Really liked the new terrain - very nice.

Keep up the good work :D
[As someone who bought CIV5 i went back to CIV4 and found this mod, very glad i did as i just can't seem to get into CIV5]

The problem - a fully built-up card (Renaissance), when I do to scroll the map - almost immediately crashes in D3D module
And just when I do to scroll over the territory of the enemy, at my - normal.

I think this isn`t mod mistake, but a game that is buggy from a huge amount of data ...
The game takes 2 - 2.5 gigabytes of memory, I've included a low texture, lower quality video modes - no difference.
On the closed map was not like this ....

Any tips?

Hi, I found your mod only recently and it is great, thanks for all the hard work!

I played v14 and encountered a small problem. I managed to complete Valley of the Kings and The Oracle at the same turn, watched the movie for the Valley, chose the free tech, then watched the movie for the Oracle and after choosing the second free tech got the message "You have already chosen your free technology" in the log and no tech. Of course, this won't happen too often, but still seems to be a bug.

Top Bottom