5 minutes loading time between turns?

Phoenix_7

Chieftain
First time I've posted anywhere on these forums. I can usually find answers through searching but not this time. So first off, I've been following this mod since version .15 and absolutely love it. Thanks to Kael and the team for this awesome mod. Now, onto my problem...

I am playing a game on Nikis-Knight's Huge Erebus map with the latest version of FfH2 (with some XML changes...added a new civ and a few other things). I am on turn 377 now and my loading time between turns is over 5 minutes. It has steadily increased throughout the game. Now, I sit down to play for an hour or two and can only do like 10 turns. Also,my savegame is up to 1.6 mb. So two questions:

1. Is this loading time normal? Do other people have to read a book while they play too?

2. Is there any changes I can make to lower the wait time?

Thanks in advance for any help. I hope there is something that can be done, because the long waits make the game too much of an effort to play. Its not very enjoyable anymore.

Kael has been looking for a save that has a long wait time so that he can figure out the issue. Unfortunately I am not sure if yours will load if you have a custom made Civilization added. But I would advise that if possible you provide the savegame and any files which would be needed to be able to load it just in case.

I did a regular install of FfH2 (no changes by me) and played Nikis-Knights Huge Erebus map again. This time I played until around the 340th turn, and I was only waiting about 8 seconds between turns. Also, my savegame files were half the size of the ones from my previous game (the install where I had made changes).

So, I'm pretty sure it is my customization that is causing the slow down here.

All my changes are only XML though...I added some techs, traits, a civilization, lots of units, some buildings, some heroes, and made corresponding changes to in the art and sound xml files, among others.

Does anyone have any idea how XML additions could be causing this slowdown?

Unfortunately that is one which I cannot answer personally. I know that a lot of extra XML means a longer time for loading the game initially, but unless there are many python checks involved with the new changes each turn I wouldn't think it should slow down the main game too drastically.

It is possible that you caused the AI to have many more options to consider for what it will build and which units to move each turn by adding in a bunch of new units and leaving the AI weights all the same value, but I think that is stretching plausibility a bit.

I have installed this without any modding (unless applying the team's own media patch counts as modding, and I don't think it does), and it's still incredibly slow. Any advice?

Keep playing till you get a load time >60 seconds and then upload the savefile for Kael to analyze and finally figure out the issue :)

All of the files take over ten minutes. So I guess I'll give you the one that still wasn't done in 30.

Top Bottom