Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

i am ten turns from a cultural victory, but have one city to capture for domination do you think i should wait or attack?

i am ten turns from a cultural victory, but have one city to capture for domination do you think i should wait or attack?

Screw culture. Kill them all!

:)

Or you could just save the game and do both. ;)

How do you find the artifacts?

You search for them. Basically, build a galley first and start going all over the place. Make sure you search each island if it's foggy.

The lost city takes a real ship that can go in the ocean.

Depending on the game, there could be from 1-2 artifacts on up. When you sack a barbarian village or a friendly one, they might say "they feel there are X artifacts left." That lets you know what's out there.

I like the lost city the best as you get a few techs. :D

Is it possible to up grade a unit..archer to rifleman, ect...with out building a world wonder.

No (not that I've seen).

And that kind of sucks. :mad:

I dont want the game to finish so soon, Does anyone know how i can just play without the victory conditions having to be in play. In the other civ games you have the option if you want to keep playing but no more score will be added, is there a similar option in this one cause i havent seen it.

Can someone tell me when the civilization revolutions will come out with a PC version?

I dont want the game to finish so soon, Does anyone know how i can just play without the victory conditions having to be in play. In the other civ games you have the option if you want to keep playing but no more score will be added, is there a similar option in this one cause i havent seen it.

The game automatically ends in 2100 AD, assuming no civilizations has won by another condition before then. :sad:

Can someone tell me when the civilization revolutions will come out with a PC version?

No at this moment, buy a DS, try the fun :king:

Thanks for answering all these questions, everyone. Just as a reminder, you can click the button (when active, it becomes ) in order to respond to multiple quotes at a time instead of one-by-one. Just click "multi" for all the posts you want, and then select "quote" for one of them. I've merged some existing posts.

I know this topic was broached earlier in the thread, but I wanted to re-visit it. Does anyone know what other factors affect the outcomes of battles? I performed a test by saving the game just before a battle in which I was favored and replayed it 10 times. I was attacking a city from a forest, was favored by 0.5 and lost all 10 times. Obviously there was something slanting the battle in their favor or I would have won at least three of those, even with luck involved.

My point is this... if all factors are not represented in the numbers, then what is the point of showing us the numbers at all? If they don't mean anything, then why torture us with thinking we should have won?

I haven't gone back and retested it for exact numbers, but I had posted in a different thread my situation of consistantly losing roughly 2/3 to 3/4 of my bomber vs cruiser battles, despite being favored 27 to 9. The fact that my attack triples their defense apparently doesn't mean a thing. Anyone have some insight into this? Is this a possible bug or we just supposed to feel like it's broken?

I know this topic was broached earlier in the thread, but I wanted to re-visit it. Does anyone know what other factors affect the outcomes of battles? I performed a test by saving the game just before a battle in which I was favored and replayed it 10 times. I was attacking a city from a forest, was favored by 0.5 and lost all 10 times. Obviously there was something slanting the battle in their favor or I would have won at least three of those, even with luck involved.

I don't know this for a fact, but it seems like there's no new random seed on a reload.

Which means, the game already determines what outcome is going to happen in your battle before you fight it. So you can save the game before a battle, lose the battle, reload the game and fight the battle again. And you'll just keep losing it. If you want a different outcome, you need to let a turn go by, or go back a few turns and do things differently leading up to that battle.

I have heard that sometimes the 360 version will cause the red ring of death on start up. Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks

Spies are still invisible to all units except other spies. If an enemy unit moves onto the same tile as your spy, however, your spy is instantly destroyed.

I cannot for the life of my figure out how to upgrade my obsolete units, apart from using Leo's Workshop. any help?

I cannot for the life of my figure out how to upgrade my obsolete units, apart from using Leo's Workshop. any help?
You can't. The only ways to upgrade are be German (with a national bonus which upgrades elite units automatically) or to build Leonardo's workshop.

wussup fellas! My question is similar to Lord Geoff's. Battles That I should mathematically win end up losing  and I lose them consistently. Basically how big of an advantage do you need to win?

Spies are still invisible to all units except other spies. If an enemy unit moves onto the same tile as your spy, however, your spy is instantly destroyed.

They aren't invisible at all, however they can be captured by enemy units if they move into the same square.

Top Bottom