Random Rants XIII: I don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have freedom of speech and assembly. You can't stop them unless you petition or assemble yourself... If you get rid of missionaries, then you also have to get rid of the atheist bus campaign, people at airports missionitizing, every single Jehovah's Witness, etc.

yes because securalism = erasing religion from the country, right?:rolleyes:

edit:also, why dont you consider what your proffessor is saying hate speech?

edit: crosspost :(

Fixed for you. People should be allowed to be religious on campus if they want to be. Otherwise you're no better than fundamentalists that would force you to act or believe according to what they decide.

People have freedom of speech and assembly. You can't stop them unless you petition or assemble yourself... If you get rid of missionaries, then you also have to get rid of the atheist bus campaign, people at airports missionitizing, every single Jehovah's Witness, etc.

You don't really understand. Its basically don't ask and don't tell if I may use the analogy. Practice whatever religion you want but do it behind closed doors. This is the second time I have ever seen people like this in my life. I don't know where they even came from. American imported madness most likely. I would be willing to bet money on it. The fact they were shouting bible verses in the street and had signs was simply awkward and rather embarrassing. I mean public prostyelizim at a bus stop? Here of all places? Its not something that is done they were ignored by everyone who looked away and confronted by one or two. But most people ignored them or left. Our politicians would never say god bless the country like American one's do after every speech. It was simply odd.

:lol: That's getting a place in my sig.

:goodjob:

You don't really understand. Its basically don't ask and don't tell if I may use the analogy. Practice whatever religion you want but do it behind closed doors. This is the second time I have ever seen people like this in my life. I don't know where they even came from. American imported madness most likely. I would be willing to bet money on it. The fact they were shouting bible verses in the street and had signs was simply awkward and rather embarrassing. I mean public prostyelizim at a bus stop? Here of all places? Its not something that is done they were ignored by everyone who looked away and confronted by one or two. But most people ignored them or left. Our politicians would never say god bless the country like American one's do after every speech. It was simply odd.

Why? Seems like censorship and discrimination to me. Not very indicative of an open minded, enlightened society.

Yes, they're extreme, but your basic principle is terribly flawed.

Sure it may have been awkward, but you say people there ignored them or left. I dont see why this is such a big deal, it seems no harm came from any of it.
Could you have got them removed for disturbing the peace or some such law?

Sure it may have been awkward, but you say people there ignored them or left. I dont see why this is such a big deal, it seems no harm came from any of it.
Could you have got them removed for disturbing the peace or some such law?

nonsense, someone could get hurt feelings! especially if your a hip young European atheist.

Why? Seems like censorship and discrimination to me. Not very indicative of an open minded, enlightened society.

Yes, they're extreme, but your basic principle is terribly flawed.

Not really. The reasoning is similar to the headscarf ban in France, restrictions on wearing the burka in Britain or Holocaust denial and swastika flags being illegal in most of Europe.

Not really. The reasoning is similar to the headscarf ban in France, restrictions on wearing the burka in Britain or Holocaust denial and swastika flags being illegal in most of Europe.

none of those should be legal, except for the burka when identification is necessary

Elaborate, please.

EDIT: Although perhaps this deserves its own thread at this point.

Either that was a joke of a test or you didn't genuinely believe that. Do you fail many exams? Maybe you have no idea what its like to walk out of an exam knowing that you failed? No point of reference. I dunno.

But it always tends to be the A or B students that say "Oh man I thought I failed that exam" and then pass it handily.

In my experience its fairly easy to tell whether you've passed or not if you have the slightest idea of the exam structure/course material.

No, I can't remember the last time I failed a test of any kind, I'm just a really good test taker, but yeah, the test was a joke since we were never taught any of the stuff in it. And according to ratemyprofessor, another professor I have does nothing but test you on stuff he's never taught.

"Oh yeah, and I'd like to add one more- keep your *bleep* religion to yourself!" -George Carlin

Basicaly, something along these lines is the reason for such bans. Now stop this silly argument, cause I have an internet full of George Carlin quotes to unleash upon you. :p

No

(10 chars)

I'm in too deep, and I'm trying to keep up above in my head, instead of going under.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom