Israel Mod for Civ 5

I think that the mod should focus on ancient israel (no mossad, Ben Gurion, etc.). I think that Solomon and david are necessary for the kings, Samson, Osniel ben Kenaz is nice (for those of you who don't know him, he was the first of the judges), but not absolutely necessary, I agree Deborah should be in. Include Judah Maccabee to represent the Hasmoneans. I made an Israel mod for civ 4 BtS, so I guess I could help.

Here's a couple of ideas for leaders.

Herod (Industrious, Spiritual)

Barabbas (Aggressive, Charismatic)

Josephus ( Philosophical, Protective)

Come to think of it, if religions are implemented in some way, the UU could even be the Patriarch. This unit would be able to cross cultural borders without declaring war and has a 100% chance of establishing Judaism in any city, friendly or rival. This can only be built if the person is Jewish, though, but can spread it even if something like Theocracy is in effect.

I don't think that Judaism had such a power of spreading, it was a very minor and closed religion under the hellenistic and roman empires. Christianity was a sect of it, and rose for different reasons. The original judaism couldnt have had such an impact.

I really hope they never put Israel in any of the releases unless its as a city-state (Jerusalem)...

I really hope they never put Israel in any of the releases unless its as a city-state (Jerusalem)...

Every mod that has been made has had Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, so I imagine that if Israel is included in a official Civ release that Jerusalem would be the capital city.

Stick with an actual Leader. I can't believe some of the ideas thrown out. David or Solomon. Also, you're wasting your effort discussing UB and UU and Traits. We dont even know how Civ 5 is set up - rumor is they are doing away with traits and who knows about the other stuff.

Every mod that has been made has had Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, so I imagine that if Israel is included in a official Civ release that Jerusalem would be the capital city.

Why shouldn't it be? The only other possible candidate would be Hebron, but that's like a %0.0001 chance. Isn't Jerusalem the obvious choice?

Here's a couple of ideas for leaders.

Herod (Industrious, Spiritual)

Barabbas (Aggressive, Charismatic)

Josephus ( Philosophical, Protective)

Well... I understand Herod (sort of), but, and please excuse my ignorance, but who's Barabbas (is he some guy from the Bible or something?), and Josephus wasn't a leader of the nation, he was just a priest who happened to write history (if I'm wrong, please correct me).

I don't think that Judaism had such a power of spreading, it was a very minor and closed religion under the hellenistic and roman empires. Christianity was a sect of it, and rose for different reasons. The original judaism couldnt have had such an impact.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't jews about %10 of the Roman Empire at some point?

Well, I understand why they won't put them in (political correctness), but why don't you want them to?

If I was wrong about anything, please tell me. I am Jewish, after all.

Barabbas was supposedly a criminal that was pardoned so the mob could be satisfied with Jesus getting impaled in his place. Doesn't make sense for a leader, I don't think, anyway.

Why shouldn't it be? The only other possible candidate would be Hebron, but that's like a %0.0001 chance. Isn't Jerusalem the obvious choice

I think you misunderstood me. I'm pointing out the fact that everyone already assumes and believes that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, and that is why Jerusalem has been included in all the mods as the capital.

I'm Jewish also, living in Israel. :) מתי אתה תעשה עליה?

Josephus wasn't a leader of the nation, he was just a priest who happened to write history (if I'm wrong, please correct me).

Josephus was a milltary leader of isreal when romans invaded at some point(not sure when) he won a lot of key battles with the romans but in the end they lost(it was inevitable) but he is mostly known for betraying the other leaders of isreal and getting them all killed by romans so he would survive. Nuada might have meant another josephus though lot of them in jewish history.

Oh. K.

EDIT: Set, according to what you wrote on another thread, you are 12. Like me. Why do you have such knowledge for a little kid? I read a lot. You?

Yeah i do read a lot( a lot lot) also i am jewish so my knowledge of isreal is pretty good.

Why are we discussing TRAITS THAT ONLY BELONG TO CIV4???

Barabbas was supposedly a criminal that was pardoned so the mob could be satisfied with Jesus getting impaled in his place. Doesn't make sense for a leader, I don't think, anyway.
IIRC Barabbas was a murderer
I think you misunderstood me. I'm pointing out the fact that everyone already assumes and believes that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, and that is why Jerusalem has been included in all the mods as the capital.

I'm Jewish also, living in Israel. :) מתי אתה תעשה עליה?
Maybe Tel Aviv could serve as the Capital?
Yeah i do read a lot( a lot lot) also i am jewish so my knowledge of isreal is pretty good.
Child, your statement in bold should be rephrased, it sounds like you are claiming that by virtue of being Jewish you know a lot about Israel, do all Jews know a lot about Israel?

you committed a cum hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy, however this is understandable as you are both young and a nonnative speaker of English, please try again to convey what you mean as I would like to know

I included Barabbas because there are many ways to interpret what he was. Some call him a criminal, some call him a bandit, and some, including Josephus, refer to him as a revolutionary. A freedom fighter. Certainly Rome would consider such a person a criminal or bandit. He was fighting for political liberation from Rome, and as I lacked any other reference to revolutionaries, I decided on him.

Josephus, while a historian, did start out as a military commander.

Stick with an actual Leader. I can't believe some of the ideas thrown out. David or Solomon. Also, you're wasting your effort discussing UB and UU and Traits. We dont even know how Civ 5 is set up - rumor is they are doing away with traits and who knows about the other stuff.

David & Solomon represent only 1 small era of Ancient Israel: the United Monarchy. The period of the Judges lasted much longer, that's why I suggested Deborah. The Hasmonean period is also quite important.

I included Barabbas because there are many ways to interpret what he was. Some call him a criminal, some call him a bandit, and some, including Josephus, refer to him as a revolutionary. A freedom fighter. Certainly Rome would consider such a person a criminal or bandit. He was fighting for political liberation from Rome, and as I lacked any other reference to revolutionaries, I decided on him.

Josephus, while a historian, did start out as a military commander.

Shimon Bar Kochba or Judah Maccabee would be the best representatives of a revolutionary.

Top Bottom