[MOD] MagisterModmod

It seems like it's giving the notification even if another player actually got the event, which is why you don't see the constellation. In my personal install, I just disabled it from adding new creation mana, since it results in way too much of the stuff all over the place.

Did you go into events, and change the chance to zero?

I actually just removed the PythonCallback. That way, the event still occurs, and the player that receives the event can still get the benefit, but no additional creation mana is created.

I used the addBonus function from CustomFunction.py to make the Amathaon sign add Creation mana on a random tile. That function notifies everyone.

I think I'll change it to add the bonus directly in CvRandomEventInterface.py, on a randomly selected tile within the player's control. (Similar to the Mushroom event.) I'll furthermore make it add the bonus only if that plot did not already provide any bonus, and only if the player does not yet have more than 2 sources of the resource. (I think the code would be too inefficient to be worth checking for sources of Creation mana which have not yet been connected to the player's trade network though.)

Thansk for the update Magister.

I have a very mundane question. When trying to change the Player Colors in the CIV4PlayerColorInfos (with basic ones such as red, etc.) the game fails to load due to an error in loading the primary interface colour. Would anyone know how to bypass this please?

I'm afraid I'm no expert on color issues. I know that a civilization's default color is set by the <DefaultPlayerColor> tag in CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml. (I have no clue how the colors used by subsequent players of the same civ are determined, but I know that in a scenario they may be adjusted by changing the Color= line.) I know that has to reference a PlayerColor type defined in CIV4PlayerColorInfos.xml, which in turn has to reference 3 colors defined in CIV4ColorVals.xml. Colors defined there contain 4 values (fRed, fGreen, fBlue, and fAlpha) which must be decimals between 0 and 1. Those colors are used for a lot more things than just players' color schemes, so adjusting one of them rather than adding a new one could cause trouble I suppose.

Rather than handing the Amathaon event as I said I would in my previous post, I think I may take advantage of MNAI v2.6's new ability to have Temporary Bonus Types. Amathaon is a rather unpredictable god, so it makes sense that the free mana from this event may disappear as easily as it appears. As a temporary bonus, it can safety replace other bonuses.

Edit: On second thought, that might not work out so well unless I can get Tholal to add temporary improvements too so I can set a creation node to expire at the same time as the mana it connects. The way it is currently written, you would not even be able to use Dispel Magic to get rid of the mana node once the mana itself has disappeared.

I just released another update. You can download the installer here or the archive here.

It incorporates MNAI v 2.6, which itself already includes my merge of PlatyBuilder v 4.10.

It includes my latest minor worldbuilder tweak, allowing you to adjust a player's Sanctuary timer.

Its Blizzard code treats any player of the White Hand religion the way that Tholal intended to treat the Illians (but instead treats whatever player has the player index the same as the index of the Illian civilization type). White Hand lands thus spawn a lot of storms which can spread outward on their own.

It includes a little more custom art, borrowed from esvath. I managed to extract everything from the old Magister.FPK and but that plus the new stuff in Magister1.FPK. (I don't think the art compresses as well within an fpk though, which is why I guess the size of this release is so much larger than before. I believe the game is still supposed to be able to load art from an fpk faster though.)

Just because I had the art available, I included Os-Gabella as a unit. I don't use her for anything, but you might like to put her in a scenario. The inclusion of a new unit does make this break saved games.

I just released another update. You can download the installer here or the archive here.

It incorporates MNAI v 2.6, which itself already includes my merge of PlatyBuilder v 4.10.

It includes my latest minor worldbuilder tweak, allowing you to adjust a player's Sanctuary timer.

Its Blizzard code treats any player of the White Hand religion the way that Tholal intended to treat the Illians (but instead treats whatever player has the player index the same as the index of the Illian civilization type). White Hand lands thus spawn a lot of storms which can spread outward on their own.

It includes a little more custom art, borrowed from esvath. I managed to extract everything from the old Magister.FPK and but that plus the new stuff in Magister1.FPK. (I don't think the art compresses as well within an fpk though, which is why I guess the size of this release is so much larger than before. I believe the game is still supposed to be able to load art from an fpk faster though.)

Just because I had the art available, I included Os-Gabella as a unit. I don't use her for anything, but you might like to put her in a scenario. The inclusion of a new unit does make this break saved games.

Does this version include the unit list logs? I am finding that as units (playing the all civ world map ke ice 1.1) move in and around the fire dragon I seem to get a lot of the endless turn bugs.

I'm not quite certain what you mean by "the unit list logs." The log issues are not really my doing. That is on Tholal's side of things. You may still need to edit CivilizationIV.ini in order to make sure they get created.

The logs that are being created on my machine with this modmod are:
app.log
audio.log
BBAILog - Magister.txt
bull.log
init.log
initmgr.log
LSystem.log
MPLog.txt
network-2056.txt
PythonDbg.log
PythonErr.log
PythonErr2.log
resmgr.log
SynchLog - Magister.txt
xml.log

(The two files containing " - Magister" would of course have different names if generated in a game where the player is using a different name. Changing the name of the human player even in the middle of the game will result in the creation of a new version of those files.)

I have come across one issue where in this release where an AI turn seemed never to end. I was able to fix this by opening BBAILog - Magister.txt, finding that a Hippus Horseman was to blame, and using worldbuilder to delete that unit.

I also came across one minor bug which I should have caught before the release. Metamagic mana nodes are causing their plots' plot counters to be set to 100, as if they were Hellfire or Necrototems. I intended to make Tormented Souls have this effect, but mistakenly treated them as an Improvement rather than a Feature. Apparently the Tormented Souls feature has the same index as the Meta Magic Mana Node improvement.

You can fix this by removing the red code and adding the green, in this bit of CustomFunctions.py beginning at line 966 under the function doHell:
Code:
		for i in range (CyMap().numPlots()):
			pPlot = CyMap().plotByIndex(i)
			if pPlot.at(0, 0):#The netherworld tile should not be hell or Erebus
				continue
			iFeature = pPlot.getFeatureType()
			if iFeature == iHallowed:
				pPlot.changePlotCounter(-100)
				continue
			[COLOR="Lime"]elif iFeature ==  iTormentedSouls:
				pPlot.changePlotCounter(100)
				continue[/COLOR]
			iImprovement = pPlot.getImprovementType()
			iPlotCount = pPlot.getPlotCounter()
			bSpread = False
			bUntouched = True
			iRecover = 0
			if iImprovement in [iHellfire, iNecrototem[COLOR="Red"], iTormentedSouls[/COLOR]]:
				pPlot.changePlotCounter(100)
				bUntouched = False

Does this version include the unit list logs? I am finding that as units (playing the all civ world map ke ice 1.1) move in and around the fire dragon I seem to get a lot of the endless turn bugs.

I just downloaded the new version today, and tested it out. The issue regarding the Missing BBAI logs from last patch appears to be resolved, since my test game is spawning the AI logs as normal now, as compared to the last couple of patches where they were missing.

Since the old scenarios are not overwritten, there will be a copy of the vanilla FfH2 scenarios (most of them incompatible with my modmod) in the Scenarios folder. These can be ignored or deleted.

Is that still the case? If so, do you plan on doing something to rectify that? I find it a little odd that most official scenarios can not be played in a modmod with such a heavy focus on lore. :dunno:

The official scenarios can be played. I include updated, compatible versions of them with my modmod. I simply chose to place them in a different folder, the PrivateMaps folder which is where Firaxis intended a mod's scenarios to be placed. Keeping them there allows you to access them through the normal Play a Scenario of Custom Scenario options in the game's menu. It allows you to play scenarios without necessarily needing to first complete the scenarios that Kael wanted to make prerequisites.

The official scenarios can be played. I include updated, compatible versions of them with my modmod. I simply chose to place them in a different folder, the PrivateMaps folder which is where Firaxis intended a mod's scenarios to be placed. Keeping them there allows you to access them through the normal Play a Scenario of Custom Scenario options in the game's menu. It allows you to play scenarios without necessarily needing to first complete the scenarios that Kael wanted to make prerequisites.

Oh, that's good to know. Does the traditional FFH way of choosing them via that custom screen with Sabathiel still work though?

No.

Honestly, it never worked particularly well. Its behavior was not consistent on all hardware and operating systems. It was buggy enough that I decided not to waste time trying to fix it or waste a Game Option on something so pointless. (You cannot add any more Game Options without the hassle of compiling a new DLL, and I had already used the only spare game option that Kael provided.) The dummy scenario used for loading other scenarios is the only one which I did not update for my modmod.

Instead I re-purposed GAMEOPTION_WB_LOAD_SCREEN to be the Control Whole Team option, which is far more useful and fun.

(If you are new to this modmod, you may be interested to know that that game option causes you to automatically switch to controlling the next surviving member of your team whenever your turn ends, or when your current player is defeated. You don't have to put up with AI teammate who don't act the way you want them to behave. The game actually seems to run a little faster with this option selected, as the computer doesn't have to execute any of the AI decision code for the players you take over. It also prevents the usual popup for opening the Mercurian Gate, since it would be silly to ask you whether you want to switch to controlling Basium instead of your current player when you are able to control both players. Note that this option only work in single player games. )

(If you are new to this modmod, you may be interested to know that that game option causes you to automatically switch to controlling the next surviving member of your team whenever your turn ends, or when your current player is defeated. You don't have to put up with AI teammate who don't act the way you want them to behave. The game actually seems to run a little faster with this option selected, as the computer doesn't have to execute any of the AI decision code for the players you take over. It also prevents the usual popup for opening the Mercurian Gate, since it would be silly to ask you whether you want to switch to controlling Basium instead of your current player when you are able to control both players. Note that this option only work in single player games. )

As a matter of fact I haven't even downloaded it yet but planned on doing so tomorrow.

Huh, so instead of having an AI ally I would basically be playing an improvised hotseat game? Gotta try that sometime, I usually play with Permanent Alliances on and I'm getting sick of my teammate offering me the same resource which they already are sending to me every single turn but I don't want to deprive myself of this diplomatic option even though it is turned off by default.

For Multiplayer I'm using Erebus in the Balance anyway, but until now I have been searching for something like this for Singleplayer roleplaying.

Actually, I think you might still be offered such resources. It is not quite like a hotseat game, as the AI still controls the player when it is not that player's turn. You don't get the diplomacy interface like you would with another human player in a hotseat game, where you have to wait for the human player's turn to finalize a deal. AI players can still contact a human player during the human player's turn.

The game option does however let you control the production of all their cities and the movement of all their units. You can change religion, civics, gift units, and engage in diplomacy on their behalf. Everything that happens during a team player's own turn is under human control.

It may be worth noting some possible confusion due to the fact that AI bonuses are applied to your teammates when you are not controlling them, so it will usually look like production in each of your players' cities is faster when you are controlling someone else.

Making it work more like a hotseat game would have required changing the DLL. I implemented this in a much easier way, relying entirely on python.

Couple of point with the latest version.

Blizzards for the illian are much better, with many more moving around, making their northern base (huge ke scenario) a fortress hard to crack. However, blizzards passing over land converted from the temple of the hand revert back to tundra (or whatever it was) for a turn. Because there are now so many blizzards about the place is there a way to get to blizzards to make terrain ice, (or whatever the temple does) so that food growth is unaffected?

Also, in every game that I have played, no sooner has auric has joined the game, then the illian get defeated. I am assuming that the ai is getting him killed. Perhaps there needs to be a different mechanic here as ai cannot use hero's well.

Just minor points really, mod is really working rather nicely.

Cheers

Edit: Forgot about building ice nodes. While they do take longer then other nodes, I have noticed they seem to 'reset' while build. I set three priest of winter on one, and it says it will take 40 turns. Five turn later, rather then 35, its 114 until completion. Is this a bug or have I missed something?

Edit2: Still getting quite a few 'endless turns' However, I discovered that nearly all of them related to civs that are at peace with barbarians, and go near archon. In WB I made sure that no civ was at peace with barbs (orc, summon infernal rituals etc) and no endless turns since.

also with this update every custom scenario i try with ke's scenario starts the game having been already lost. if i go to play scenario instead of custom it works. have no idea why this is happening.

That is true. I just modded the scenario to the starting conditions I wanted.

Awesome work :) I have enjoyed it a lot.

In your last version I was able to access Lethe under art / hero (something like that); which I used to make a custom Svartalfar unit (more cosmetic than anything). Now you have packaged the .nif file someplace.

Is there anyway to access .nif files that are packed awau, and are there modeling tools to edit or make my own units?

Would love to design terrain as well (but one thing at a time, unless you know some good tutorial links).

Top Bottom