Firaxis' official Gods & Kings site now up and running!

I notice that on the religion over view that Byzantine's religion's Holy City is Rexopolis. There had been a question about whether a Holy City had to be you capital or not. It appears not.

That voice is way too young and girlish for her

First you did not like the tone, now you don't like the voice. If you have a look at her portraits at wikipedia you will find pictures from her thirties and forties where she allready looks quite like she's rendered in the game. And I don't have a problem at all with that voice fitting a woman in her thirties - especially considering the fact that the Austrian accent itself takes some of the edges of the German and makes it sound a bit more cute than common. That lady had 16 children, so she might look a bit more worn at younger age than the women you meet in our times...

No he speeks dutch [...]
The real William of Orange hardly knew any Dutch. He had a course in Dutch but wasn't very good at it (and famously he couldn't pronounce the 'h'). Think of the Belgium prime-minister Di Rupo, it must've sounded something like that, I guess.
Most of the times he just spoke French :)

The Netherlands often had kings and rulers that couldn't speak Dutch.

One of my favourites is Louis Bonaparte, the brother of Napoleon, who became ruler of the Netherlands (and to his credit tried to study Dutch).
In a speech he told the people he was the "Konijn van 'Olland" ("Rabbit of 'Olland"), rather than "Koning van Holland" ("King of Holland") :D

The way William of Orange speaks is great if you are german, because what he says is really close to german. Usually I do not understand anything when a dutch is speaking, but William talks more like in a german dialect. :thumbsup:

Anyone notice all the new UA info?

Besides the Maya UA info that's already been discussed, we have a bit more clarity about how Sweden and Byzantium work.

Sweden get's and gives GP Production Bonus with declared friendship partners, and gets a big bonus from gifting GP's to CS's. The first one could be really powerful, the second part seems a bit lackluster, but maybe with all the GP's you could be getting, especially with Patronage it could be nice.

And Theodora gets a bonus belief EVERY TIME SHE FOUNDS A RELIGION. This seems much more interesting than just a 6th slot. So when she founds her first religion she can grab two beliefs, likely founder beliefs, and gets to do it again for religions two three and four. Super cool. Very excited about this civ now.

We already knew about Sweden, and we've seen no indication that you can found more than one religion.

And Theodora gets a bonus belief EVERY TIME SHE FOUNDS A RELIGION. This seems much more interesting than just a 6th slot. So when she founds her first religion she can grab two beliefs, likely founder beliefs, and gets to do it again for religions two three and four. Super cool. Very excited about this civ now.

It would (IMO) just mean that she gets her bonus belief when using the first great prophet.

No one, AFAIK, gets to found multiple religions.

I notice that on the religion over view that Byzantine's religion's Holy City is Rexopolis. There had been a question about whether a Holy City had to be you capital or not. It appears not.

Are we certain that Rexopolis isn't the Byzantine capital?

Everything I read said that you could found more than one religion, but that it would be practically impossible for one Civ to found ALL the religions.

Everything I read said that you could found more than one religion, but that it would be practically impossible for one Civ to found ALL the religions.

What you are thinking of is the the religion cap that says that there can only be as many religions as half the number of civilizations in your game. It prevents every civ from making its own religion.

Each civ CAN have its own Pantheon Belief which is a proto-religion. When you create a religion, it incorporates your Pantheon. Ergo, One Pantheon per civ = One Religion per civ (until the cap is reached). You can't found more than one religion as you could in Civ IV.

^ Eeyp.
Btw, I can possibly provide the translations for the Swedish king.
This is what he says now: (English) Stanger, welcome to the Snow Kings land, (The word he says 'rike' is hard to translate to english) I am Gustavus Adolphus member of the honored Vasa clan.
(Swedish) Fremling, Velkommen til Snøkongens rike, jag er Gustav Adolf medlem av den aktede Vasa ætten.
My Swedish isn't the best, will some swedish person correct my tekst, please?

I have a friend who knows Irish who can confirm if it's Irish Gaelic or a different language.
I know a bit of Irish and that wouldn't be Irish. Neither would it be Scottish Gaelic or Manx by extension as those are almost intelligible to an Irish speaker.

I'm almost certain it's Welsh and if not Welsh, Cornish or Breton. She uses her Welsh name Buddug and on top of that the phrase "Brenhines y Celtiaid" (Queen of the Celts). The equivalent phrase in Irish isn't similar in sound.

^ Eeyp.
Btw, I can possibly provide the translations for the Swedish king.
This is what he says now: (English) Stanger, welcome to the Snow Kings land, (The word he says 'rike' is hard to translate to english) I am Gustavus Adolphus member of the honored Vasa clan.
(Swedish) Fremling, Velkommen til Snøkongens rike, jag er Gustav Adolf medlem av den aktede Vasa ætten.
My Swedish isn't the best, will some swedish person correct my tekst, please?

I can correct it for you :)

Swedish: Främling! Välkommen til snökonungens rike. Jag är Gustav Adolf, medlem av den aktade Vasa-ätten.
English: Stranger! Welcome to the realm of the Snow King. I am Gustavus Adolphus, member of the honored Vasa lineage.

Top Bottom