End of Empires - N3S III

It changed, it was going to be diffcult to occupy you without having some puppets for your people to hate more, in this case your former slaves.

There was a perfectly logical religious justifacation in there as well ;)

Well, that was an awesome update. Didn't expect an attack on the Duroc that quickly :eek:. Well, now I need to think about connecting with my northern bretheren.

I'm utterly exhausted, so I apologize for a few parts that are lower quality, especially the last section and the end of the first section. :(

Don't be silly, it was awesome!

By the end of his rule, Te’esh had managed to make peace with the Serati, granting them the north of the Had River, driven back several more barbarian incursions, and generally made peace with all his neighbors. While the center of the land had been devastated by many years of warfare, it was luckily still fertile, and the population was slowly rebounding. The land which had seen all too much war was returning to peace.

From Serati
To The Empire of the Sesh

Your Te’esh is a wise leader, we hope through his guidance that we may now move to more peaceful times and permit trade to flourish across our borders?

To: Jalin Derac

We don't ask for anything in return. Do friends pay each other to stay friends? Just as Jalin Nak of old said that Krato had no debt to the Republic, we now say the Republic has no debt to Krato. And the Council wishes to keep it that way.

To: Thearak

Will you please halt your wars with us and the Duroc? You may be numerous, but the Uggor and the Duroc are more than a match for your armies. Your unprevoked attacks on the Republic were evil and misguided. However, if the Duroc forgive you, then we will forgive you.

OOC: I know that no current wars are going on right now. I just want to prevent future wars with our people.

Great Update NK, I have no problem going to 20 year turns

to: Neruss
You own a precarious position in this world. We offer you protection from your enemies under the Triluin bloc.

to: Farou
We have a common enemy in the Hu'ut and desire to share this peninsula of Helsia with you. It will be beneficial for us not to conflict and work for the glorification of Helsia.

Trust me guys if I seriously thought I was going to conquor your lands, I probably would have, its certainly within my capabilities to plan a lot more throughly for such a war, my only intention was to add a bit of flavour. As is what you guys are talking about is (ancient) history and has no bearings upon my current King.

Ninja your remarks that my wars are evil, certainly from your perspective maybe :p but the complaint that they are unprovoked in this age doesn't really matter too much.

Trust me guys if I seriously thought I was going to conquor your lands, I probably would have, its certainly within my capabilities to plan a lot more throughly for such a war, my only intention was to add a bit of flavour. As is what you guys are talking about is (ancient) history and has no bearings upon my current King.

Ninja your remarks that my wars are evil, certainly from your perspective maybe :p but the complaint that they are unprovoked in this age doesn't really matter too much.

OOC: I was just asking for a stable peace. I'm not pinning the wars on your current king. Krato just wants a little reasurance that you won't attack our ally again.

And yeah I figured it wouldn't really matter if they were unprevoked. But they were still evil attacks:p.

My King would glady sign an eternal peace, for the boon of 50 Kotuu [1] in return we will give you our finest luxuries and goods from the North.

[1] cute name for elephants :p

@ Vertinari could you explain your religion please? I'm looking for a suitable religion to use.

Excellent Update NK
OOC: What is Kalos, and why has it arisen? I don't mean this rude, just wasn't in update.
To: The Hamakua

Dear Southern Brothers,

Would you be willing to sell the remaining southern half of the island chain? We would be willing to give you a great deal of gold and maps.

To: Lumada and Moti

Hello lost brothers! It appears some remanents of the Great Family weren't too far away. Will you join your lost family and bring unity between our people? You may stay as seperate countries if that is your wish. However, we still wish to trade with you very much and maybe form an alliance with Krato. Come! Join the union of the Uggor and Duroc! Together we will prosper!

(OOC: Do these guys have kings or do they use the family system Krato used to have?)

Excellent Update NK
OOC: What is Kalos, and why has it arisen? I don't mean this rude, just wasn't in update.
To: The Hamakua

Dear Southern Brothers,

Would you be willing to sell the remaining southern half of the island chain? We would be willing to give you a great deal of gold and maps.
Yuri, once I see stats etc., then I will respond to your diplo.

Most excellent update NK, the grand sweep of history well told. :hatsoff: Whatever turn length you choose is fine with me. If we switch to 20 year turns, will the stats be expanded?

About an Expedition
This tale occurred approximately during a famine and a war in the south.

"Sir, we are out of food!" said the deckhand, his eyes welling up in tears while he wrapped his arms around his emaciated waist. He was a wretched creature, his skin pale and gray and stretched against the bone -- unsightly and appalling, yet pitiful in a sad way.

He refrained from giving words of comfort, for he knew words were empty and could not do anything for the deckhand. Instead he put his hand on the boy's shoulder, so that he could at least give warmth to the suffering soul.

The boy looked up, and then looked back down at the floor again. He was just one of the many victims of the terrible famine that fell upon the fledgling state. Chaos followed calamity and soon several of the old city-states revolted, death-cults were on the warpath, and brigands and looting became the norm of the countryside. It was nothing short of a miracle that most of the armies obeyed the words of law, those which has been set by the great King himself, which kept an unsteady and very bloody peace.

Captain Etteos was one of the government-hired merchant-captains who was sent South, far South, in a trade mission for cheap grain for relief efforts -- it had little other choice, for even the aristocrats within the oligarchy felt the pangs of hunger every now and then. However, they were out of luck for the famine was not isolated and had struck so far is that what little food the ships carried was quickly being replaced by a rat's hides, boots and other leather apparel, and mutinous temperaments.

By the second week of the expedition, one of the ships accompanying the fleet -- for it was a fleet that was sent -- had reneged and strayed off course; it could have been that I either its cruel or its captain lost faith in the expedition, or a deadly hunger killed all the men aboard to leave the ship to float aimlessly. Captain Etteos was unsure she would have preferred any of the cases.

In their journey South, they had not forgotten the gods despite all the adversity piled upon them. Each ship had fashioned their own brand of sacrificial altars -- some had tables of stone, others had mud "pits" for burning. For a few of the captains and their crews, these religious centers in their ships were just as important, if not more important, than the large clay pots that were to hold the life-saving grain in the fleet was supposed to buy.

As they made through the neutral shores as they heard of the most terrible and horrifying of things. Great wars that shaped the even greater empires of the southern deserts were on their way, and several docks were closed in fear of refugees and, in the case of the warring empires, spies. Thus, they were forced to traveling even further for even longer in search of friendly shores without even the assurance of finding what they were looking for.

Suddenly, one of the crewmen shouted, "Land, port-side!" The pathetic thing in front of Captain Etteos was shivering in fear, hunger, and cold, but he had to go back to his captaining duties so he took his hand off the boy's shoulder and left to shout orders at the remaining able-bodied men on the ship.

To be continued.

This is my first story written entirely through voice recognition! ...Took me a good 2 hours, which is an hour more than if I typed it the old-fashioned way. Spoiler: They failed at getting food for the relief efforts, but their tale wasn't to remain untold.

Are the new stats up yet?

You can look at the bottom of the post to see when it was last edited in order to tell.

Also, the fact your stats had not changed might have been a give-away/

Top Bottom