Win 8 and BTS help

Jaxx

Chieftain
I went out and bought Win 8 and installed it last night and have been trying till tonight to get BTS to work. I know it does because it works on several of my friends PCs. I'm almost at my wits end here because I can't go back to Win7 as my PC never came with the disc.

Any ideas on how to help. I tried running all the compatibility choices, the MS website says the game is not compatible which shows they don't know what they are doing as it works on everyone's PC but mine. :mad:

My problem was Windows 8 was getting my drivers. I reformatted again and turned that option off and went and got all my drivers myself even though windows downloaded the same version sit looked like it seemed to make a difference.

Also before I installed the game I installed .NetFrameWork 3.5 and its full service package update.

Hope this helps someone in the future

I have also found it near impossible to load Civ IV onto Wins 8.1, But I have solved it, here's how.

First of all you'll need to run in safe mode, but it would appear getting into safe mode is no longer as easy as it was before, so here's how.

http://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/

Once in safe mode simply install the game in the normal way, the reboot to normal startup.

Patch the game with the latest patch, ensure you run the games .exe file in xp mode.
This works fine.

I went out and bought Win 8 and installed it last night and have been trying till tonight to get BTS to work. I know it does because it works on several of my friends PCs. I'm almost at my wits end here because I can't go back to Win7 as my PC never came with the disc.

Any ideas on how to help. I tried running all the compatibility choices, the MS website says the game is not compatible which shows they don't know what they are doing as it works on everyone's PC but mine. :mad:

What exactly happens and does not happen when you try to run it?

Top Bottom