Patch 3.19 won't install

It seems to me that the BTS Version that already includes Patch 3.17 is the culprit here, i managed to work around the issue by only installing the original Civ4 from my "Civ4 Complete" package and using an original, unpatched BTS installation CD (lets just assume I found that CD under a pile of socks in a drawer).

After installing the unpatched BTS the 3.19 patch would install without any errors, all is well now.

Patch 3.19 installs after I click check for updates and download Patch 3.19, it say click ok to turn off your Civilization IV and install the patch. After I click ok it doesnt open an installshield wizard it just shows my desktop. The about the beyond the sword says
Civ Version 313
Save Version 301
Build Version 3.0.0.1
Build Date Fri Sept 21 14:16:18 2007
Build FINAL RELEASE
Mod Name No
Why isnt it downloading completely?

I am having a very similar problem, which is very frustrating

I am trying to reinstall Civ IV after a long time of it being off my PC. THis is all on Windows XP.

I have the original 3 versions, all on seperate DVD's not a complete version.

I have installed Civ IV (vanilla), then Civ IV warlords, then Civ IV BTS. Interim patching each installed tried to do seemed to work.

AFter that my BTS version is reported as:

Civ Version: 301
Save Versions: 300
Build: 3.0.0.91 (74697)

Trying to install 3.19, I get through all the options, click install and then the installer just vanishes away (no error message) and nothing happens. THis is with the patch downloaded from the in game patcher or from here.

All the other patches (3.03B, 3.13 and 3.17) report -

---------------------------
Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword - InstallShield Wizard
The setup has detected that no version of Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword is installed.

This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed.
OK

AAARGH!! Very frustrating.

Any ideas? Maybe uninstall everything, use ccleaner to REALLY uninstall everything and then try again?

I've tried that now (twice!!), once installing on a seperate e: I install all programs on now, and once after removing that one and installing it on c:

Still getting the same errors unfortunately. 2K games support is working on the ticket at the moment, hopefully that might get somewhere.

wow so may patches to go online. patch 3.03 is needed to work 3.17 to use 3.19. why cant they just make it all in 1?!?!?

Finally got 3.19 to install, working off an idea from this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=295291

Looks like there is a problem between HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE vs HKEY_CURRENT_USER keys for the 3.19 patch.

So what worked was:

1. uninstalling everything (to start again)
2. Installing base Civ IV - and Un-selecting the option to "install for all users". (eg it is now writing HKEY_CURRENT keys instead of HKEY_LOCAL)
3. Install BTS (this patches Civ IV along the way)
4. Install 3.17
5. Install 3.19

All working good now. I could probably have skipped "install 3.17", but I did for extra "safeness" based on common reports it can fix problems with 3.19. This is all with original release DVD's, not gold editions btw. You could probably install to all users and fix it with registry editing, but this was less hassle. I didn't bother with warlords, as I think all you get from that is a few extra scenarios.

I'm currently using 3.17 and every time I try to update to 3.19 I get a message saying that "Civ4BeyondtheSwordPatch3.19.exe is not a valid Win32 application." I'm stumped. Any help?

I'm currently using 3.17 and every time I try to update to 3.19 I get a message saying that "Civ4BeyondtheSwordPatch3.19.exe is not a valid Win32 application." I'm stumped. Any help?

sounds to me like the file itself is corrupt (something went wrong during the download process) - i'd suggest redownloading the patch and trying again

Had the same situation as another, OS: WinXP (32bit) SP3, 3.17 was listed build. Nabbed 3.17 patch and was able to install that. 3.19 installed afterwards. Had the game installed for all users, but haven't tried it without so can't say if that's what had it bugged. Either way not a difficult fix, just one that shouldn't have to be done.

I've tried nearly everything on this thread. I've reinstalled, run as administrator, used all the BTS patches (all of them saying that BTS doesn't exist on my computer and require a previous version). I would like to download the patch to successfully download mods such as BUG but I can't install it when I can't install patch 3.19.

What I am guessing is the problem is that I have civ 4 and BTS installed on Steam, while this manual installation of the patches are only compatible for the disk version. If anyone could help me on this matter, that would be great. I know this thread might be a bit old, but I would really like to fix this.

If you are using the Steam version, you have to get the patches from Steam, or download the latest version from there, which should be 3.19, and reinstall it. All of the patches here look for Civ in the standard location but Steam uses its own location, which is why they report that you have not installed Civ.

If you are using the Steam version, you have to get the patches from Steam, or download the latest version from there, which should be 3.19, and reinstall it. All of the patches here look for Civ in the standard location but Steam uses its own location, which is why they report that you have not installed Civ.

And now for the inevitable question: Would you happen to know how to get it from steam? I have it set to automatically update, and I have checked the update list (which is useless, only shows me news). Since it is automatic, perhaps it is already on. I WAS able to install BAT successfully through manual installation with the .zip, no problems so far, so maybe the exe's are just biased. Still would appreciate an answer, tho.

Top Bottom