How to Fix Memory Bad Allocation???

Liambane

Rome's Praetorian
Hi Guys.
As I read in other threads, I've experienced the same problem:

Recently I started to have this annoying problem each 3-4 turns of game, in SAVING and LOADING game more or less after rifling tech discovered.

- Vista as Operating System.
- Big Savegame size: 2,5 MB
- Blue Marble mod High Resolution inside.
- My huge mod loaded inside (Earth 40 Civilizations with Varietas Delectat 5).
- All High Video Settings. (I've Geforce 8800GTS, 4GB Ram, I've 23" screen and 1920x1080 pixel resolution. Lower resolutions SUCKS! Images are not good and all distorted with "fake" colors)

I tried to reduce grapich but I've the same error. This is going to be a real nightmare without a fix. Does anyone know how to FIX this problem??? :confused::confused::confused:

If you have Memory Allocation Failure in the middle of the game and you're running Windows Vista 32 here's the solution:

Click start and run the command "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072" Then restart the computer.

You will have no more MAF problem now.

Works Perfectly. Thanx Ori... :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

I'm running BtS on WinXP 32bit, playing with mod Rise of Mankind 2.5

I kept having memory allocation error every once a while, but it got worse: now I'm stuck in turn 367/790 and once i clicked anywhere, it shuts with memory allocation error

reason: bad allocation

i tried the tip above and didn't worked :( is anyone can help me please? i'm posting this one also in Rise of Mankind forum

btw my laptop spec
intel core2duo T7400 2.16 Ghz macbook, 2,96 Gb RAM, Intel GMA 950, Win XP Pro service pack 3

thanks in advance

What kind of feedback do you guys get when having a MAF on Vista 64 bit? I have this problem at the moment where my mod just goes to desktop. I don't actually get a message saying it is because of Bad Allocation or anything... My mod will run fine up to turn 350 or so, then the game sometimes CsTD in the middle of the turn. Huge map, lots of civs, heavy graphics.

New system, 4gb of ram, 512 video ram.

The "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072" worked on my Vista machine and now it does not crash. I have an XP machine my son uses and we play at the same time and it is slow and crashing as well. The above did not work for XP...

Is that fix relevant for Vista 64, or just 32?

Is that fix relevant for Vista 64, or just 32?
I don't think you need to do it with 64 bit because it already sees more than 4 GB.

Thanks for the post Lemon - I tried the website and it seemed to help for my XP machine as well. This machine is still slow, but seems more stable now. My Vista system (32 bit) works well now - played for 2-3 hours yesterday.

I really like the Rise of Mankind mod - lots of neat stuff. Does anyone know how to make a shortcut that goes right to this mod instead of having to start BTS and go to Advanced and have it restart? The whole restart process can take quite a while sometimes when all I want to do is play. I have the Wolf Revolution mod and it came with a shortcut that takes you right to the mod without having to load BTS first. I've been able to look in my saved files folder and start ROM from there, but it would be nice to start it at the main menu if anyone knows how. Thanks!

@ swobig:

There are two things you can do:

1. Copy the BTS desktop shortcut and then open properties on it by right clicking. Find the command string eg. "C:\program files...Civ4beyoned the sword.exe" (or whatever), and at the end, add "mod = Rise of Mankind" or whatever the RoM mod folder is called without the quotes. I'm not sure of the exact syntax, so you may have to mess around a bit.

Or,

2. Go to the BTS folder and open _Civ4Config (just double click). Scroll down until you see this:

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = 0

Make it look like this:

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = Mods\Rise of Mankind

Save and exit.

#2 is what I do. If I'm playing a different mod for a while, I just re-edit the config file. Both of these load the mods right off the bat and away you go.

Have fun. :)

Lemon -

Going to try the shortcut above now.

One last question - I actually have a 3rd computer I've tried putting this mod on and it crashes as well. Tried the fix, but I get either a RDR_File_System (also lists pwd._2k.sys) error at address F545C208 base F545A000 and Date stamp 3E36fd10 or I get a lsass.exe system error which also says an i/o operation initiated by the registry failed unrecoverably... Wondering if you have any magic for this. I can boot up without the 3gb switch, but not with it. Thanks for all the help...

Lemon -

Going to try the shortcut above now.

One last question - I actually have a 3rd computer I've tried putting this mod on and it crashes as well. Tried the fix, but I get either a RDR_File_System (also lists pwd._2k.sys) error at address F545C208 base F545A000 and Date stamp 3E36fd10 or I get a lsass.exe system error which also says an i/o operation initiated by the registry failed unrecoverably... Wondering if you have any magic for this. I can boot up without the 3gb switch, but not with it. Thanks for all the help...
Can you give us some specifics on that system, please? Some hardware details and what OS it runs might help pinpoint the error. I'm not sure about this one, but maybe my room mate can help. He's an engineer and he's pretty smart. (And I get a break on my rent for saying that. :lol:)

I have a laptop with Windows XP Pro SP3 with a Intel Core Duo CPU T7250 @ 2.00GHz. 1.18GHz, 1.99GB of RAM. I can run Wolf Revolution on this machine with no problems. Rise of Mankind however crashes. I'm thinking it has something to do with the operating system as my main computer with Vista will run Rise of Mankind (after I performed the /3gb switch. My secondary computer runs it very, very slowly and is prone to crashing (XP system) and this third computer will run it as well and crash right about the same point - after about 30 turns or so.

I was able to perform the 3gb switch on my second computer, but this 3rd one will not allow it for some reason. However, even with the 3gb switch the second computer still is giving me trouble. Especially during a lan game - I can only get a few turns out of it. Unfortuantely I need 3 systems to play with my son as I travel quite a bit. I'm thinking I may just have to find another mod, but any help you can offer would be great...

My roomie and I discussed this and he says that all bets are off when it comes to laptops. I guess they do some funny things with their resources and how they use them, and they don't always react like a desktop would. He says it's particularly true of how they use their graphics cards and graphics memory.

Sorry we can't help more. :(

I'm getting MAF errors on my Vista Laptop with 2gb of memory. Does this 3gb switch require that you have at least 3gb of memory?

Top Bottom