Patch 3.19 won't install

Dennis Roos

Chieftain
A week ago, I bought a Civilization 4 complete box in the shop. It includes the vannila civ 4, and the warlords and BTS expansions.
I have finished my first game in Warlords and now I wanted to play a game in BTS.
I checked for updates and saw there was a 3.19 patch so I clicked download and when it had downloaded it started the install screen with the options such as:
Do you want to register your game but at the end when I click install the screen dissapears and nothing happens and the patch isnt installed:cry:

I have tried to download from internet sites but I got the same problem

I dont use Vista, and when I choose About this Build in the BTS menu it says version 301. Í don't know anything about changing game files or unpacking downloads or something so this is driving me mad mad:

I really want 3.19 so I can play the earth 34 civs senarios.
I never downloaded mods or something.
I have seen some other threads about his subject but their problems were because they had Vista or downloaded their game
Please Help!!!:rolleyes:

Well I've tried to dowload patch 3.03 but when it started the installshield wizard it shut off and it said I need an earlier version because I don't have a version or something like that:sad:

The about this build screen says:
Civ Version: 313
Save Version: 301
Build Version: 3.0.0.1 (81539)
Build Date: Fri Sep 21 20:16:18 2007
Build: Final Release
Mod Name: None

I looked at the build version and saw 3.0.0.1 so I thought it was 301:blush::rolleyes:
I will try to install 3.17 now
I'm so bad with the technical part of computers and games and stuff, sorry!

And BTW, when I download a patch, where should I save it? In the Beyond the Sword folder?

I am having the same problem as Dennis, any suggestions on how to fix it? I have tried the things you guys have said to him.

Can anyone please help? I am having similar problems with 319.

I am running vista as administrator. I have a bought dvd rom copy of the game. I have loaded each patch as they were released. However, after loading 319 nothing seems to happened. The version information in advanced>about the build still said it was version 317.

I tried reinstalling the game and applying all of the patches in turn. Patch 313 successfully installs. However, now both patches 317 and 319 seem to have no effect and the game build info still reads 313. However, when I run patch 319 after running patch 317 a dialogue tells me it is patching from 317->319, but if I do not run 317 it tells me I am patching from 313->319. So, the patches are having an effect. They just do not change the version number in the game and leave me unable to play multiplayer with others on version 319.

I have compared the files in my BTS directory with other people who have patched to 319 and several of mine are different.

Any ideas? As, you may have noticed I have now reinstalled the game multiple times with no success.

Yes, in addition to being logged in as an administrator every patch has been run by selecting "Run as administrator".

I'm having a problem with installing patches on both of my computers :(

I use Win XP

The first has vers. 3.17
The second has vers. 313 (complete CIV IV vers)

When I try to execute the setup file at the first computer it closes down a couple of seconds after...

When I try to execute the setup file on the second computer (have the files on my computer), it starts installing but after a few sec I recieve an error : Feature transfer error

hope u can help me :)

Mukle

Ok so after two days of scanning through these forums and trying to get the patch to install I gave up and just created an account to try and get this problem solved. I bought the complete version from Gamestop Online (downloaded) 2 days ago and tried to upgrade to 319 so I could play GEM.

The first day I would click the check for updates and it would take the time to dl the patch then go to restrart civ 4 but nothing would happen. So I kept trying eventually I got the instal wizard to pop up and same thing that happened to the guy who started this thread (which is why I am posting here instead of a new thread) is happening to me. I click install and the install wizard disapears. I tried dling it from these forums as well as firaxis' site, but same thing happens.

Now before you go back and tell me to install 3.0.3, 3.1.3, and 3.1.7 the build version is already up to 3.1.7. I am running Windows Vista and running them through administrator and XP Service Pack 2 compatible. Any thoughts on how I could get this to work or should I just jump over to the Warlords version of GEM?

I have been having this problem with the complete box as well but I just realized something that may help others. I was looking through my directory and noticed Civilization IV is installed in two different locations. C:/Program Files/2K Games and C:/Program Files/Civ. It seems that the 3.19 patch created the 2K Games directory and installed the relevant components there, since the game won't run from that location and half of the components are missing.

I just solved the problem by overwriting all of the files from the 2K Games folder (the incomplete one) into their relevant counterparts in the Civ folder. If you're wondering, it takes forever to do by hand and there is probably a much faster way to do it. But the important thing to note is, even though the 3.19 patch installer didn't put the files in the correct place, it did install them on my computer.

It's also noteworthy that I went directly from the 3.13 patch to 3.19. I didn't need to install 3.17 first (I just double checked my backup to verify). It's possible that the 3.17 patch fixes whatever issue causes the 3.19 patch to install in the wrong directory, although that's pure speculation on my part. I would also guess that this problem explains why as ori suggested, you have to download patches from the same vendor from whom you bought the game since vendors MAY change the locations.

My advice if you encounter this problem is to check your directory to make sure the patch hasn't just downloaded in the wrong place.

I am running Civ Version 317, installed off the Complete Civ IV DVDRom, on WinXP, and am having a (possibly?) related problem.

I can and have downloaded the patch. I have tried running the "PATCH_319" Setup.exe
from Beyond the Sword/Patch and from Sid Meier's Civilization IV Complete/Patch. Everytime I run it, I get through a couple of screens of language selection and terms and liscence agreement but as soon as I click on "Install"... nothing happens.

Spoiler screen capture :

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my having installed Civ IV vanilla on my computer earlier? It lives in Program Files/Firaxis Games, while the complete Civ lives in Program Files/2K Games/Firaxis Games...

Top Bottom