IDG II Citizens Thread

I also believe that we need to get military up and running. However, we need to pump settlers out, and get this nation a rollin. I recommend hugging the coast for the first few cities, to take control of the food resources. That way our cities have great growth potential.

I also believe that we need to get military up and running. However, we need to pump settlers out, and get this nation a rollin. I recommend hugging the coast for the first few cities, to take control of the food resources. That way our cities have great growth potential.

The Capital should remain our settler/worker farm. The Barracks will start eating hammer overflow and I advise we take it off the build queue for now as the bulk of our units will be coming out of city 3 (unit production city). It is very important to get these cities up ASAP. Using the Capital for anything else except settler/worker right now will hurt us in the long run.

Capital- Settler/Worker Farm (chop then whip).
City 2- Hybrid City- Archers/Chariots plus commerce (specialize once our Production City is in full gear)
City 3- Production City - Archers/Chariots (cross our fingers we get an iron resource on one of those hills so we can start training swords, spears and axes.)
City 4- Commerce City- cottage farm or settle for strategic resource if no iron in our Empire. I really hope we get an iron because I'd hate to delay our commerce city.

Ooh, I didn't realize this was already started, but I'm ready!

Done, but where is the IRC server/channel that I had to put my username in for?

Welcome to the IDG II, StormD. Sometimes we do live turn sessions, called "Turn Chats" it is all described in the Game Rules in the 1st post of the Game Thread. If you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask. If you plan on being active and or want to be Emperor you should join a House. They are all listed in the first post of this thread.

Houses,
OK thats 48 hours since I posted the Turn Report and no one posted a tribute or intention not to pay tribute. Since a non-post is considered tribute then I am ready for the reign of Civius III.

I'm ready to start the Imperial Library and need something from the Houses to put in their sections. I'm thinking a platform from each house basicly the way each house would rule. Like the Octavian House is Imperial and Industrious so expansion and production would be in our platform. Also house history, maybe a geneology and whatever else you want to put in it. I will also update them whenever it is needed.

I'm going to put all turn reports and Emperors' memoirs in the library. If anyone thinks of anything else to put in let me know.

Alright, finished the entry for the Reichkaisers-

In the Arkan culture, a man was bound to a single woman for life. Disregarding the rule would result in death. Same with a woman. When a child was born, male or female, it would be kissed by family head, if worthy, if the child was not deemed worthy, the child was not kissed and killed. All male children were born to fight as a warrior, they were hard-wired killers from birth. The female children were raised by their mother, as either a farmer, or builder. When he or she was 10, they were paired with a future partner. When a women turned 14, she left her family to live with her husbands family, and begin her job as either farmer of builder. From then on, there would be no other ceremony a woman would participate in, unless they requested to join their husband or son on the Great Hunt.

Male children, at age 17, would go on the Great Hunt with their Father, Uncles, another designated by the head of the family, and Mother if she requested. The Hunt began when their members would go into the forest, and search for Lakoas, or "Great Beast", with the child (or children) at the lead. After one night, they would return with their best kill, if it was accepted by the rest of the family they would eat the beast and the child or children could be accepted as full Arkan warriors. From then on, the partners would build a home and raise a family. At any moment, the men of the house could be called into combat.

The Arkan Kings-

Arkas I -
The unifier of the Arkan Culture. Sometimes referred to as Arkas the Builder. He was Unopposed in rule.
Arkas II-
Son of Arkas the Builder, and victor against the Alasian barbarian hordes. Named Arkas the Victor. Unopposed in rule.
Arkas III-
Son of Arkas the Victor. Founder of the lost Arkan religion. Unopposed, and named Arkas the Pious.
Lakansar-
Brother of Arkas the Pious. Nothing notable during rule. Apposed, and named Lakansar the Weak.
Dielos-
Son of Lakansar. Began rule at age 10, assassinated at age 13. Apposed in rule. He was named Dielos the Young.
Severos-
Brother of Lakansar and Arkas III. Began rule at age 51, died three days later. Apposed in rule. Named Severos the Old.
Ano-
Son of Severos. Killed in a duel with Arkus I, ruled for four years. Apposed in rule. Named Ano the Lost.
Arkus I-
Great-Grandson of Arkas the Victor. Brought ancient Arkan Culture to its greatest extent. Unopposed in rule. Named Arkus the Great.
Hielos-
Brother of Arkus I, beginning of the collapse of Arkan culture. Apposed in rule and named Hielos the Lazy.
Arkas IV-
Son of Hielos, collapse of Arkan culture. Apposed in rule and killed in fire. Named Arkas the Burnt.
Arkus II-
Son of Arkus I, founder of Reichkaiser family. Named Arkus the New.
Arkus III-
Son of Arkus II. Nomadic King. Named Arkus the Nomad.
Chaerus I-
Son of Arkus III. Nomadic King. Named Chaerus the Steadfast.
Sereus I-
Son of Chaerus I. Helped found city of Artok. Named Sereus the Steadfast.
Vandal I-
Son of Sereus I. General of the Artokan Army. Victor at the Battle of the Great Field. Last Arkan king. Named Vandal the Last.

Thanks Vandal I'll get that up ASAP. I'm going out of town on wednseday and won't be back til monday. So if you don't mind I want to play one more TS and then you can ride while I'm gone. That is if the House of Octavia remains in power. If not I give my vote to Reichkaiser if there is a rebellion. I just want to get the Production city online then the first Civius Dynasty will be complete. Then I can work on my memoir and really get into the RP.

Change of plans Vandal I have to leave tonight so the Empire is now yours :king: . I'll be back next monday and I'll check in when and if I can. If there is a Rebellion in my absence I vote for the House of Reichkaiser. BTW I planned on naming city 3 Arkan since it will be our unit production city. Thought it was fitting :) .

what time you thinking? I probably won't be around till 9 or so Central Time as I have to teach tonight. If you're done by then and have a turnset up I will go ahead and work on the next RP installment. Also, I think we need to start working on inter-house RP. It seems like the stories are rich with how the families are advancing and developing, but not too much in the ways of how the houses are working together in the 'game world' to advance the society. If the conflict's growing between the houses is a story arch you would like to continue, let me know and I will push my stories in that way.

Keep up the good work guys. I'm enjoying this game imensly. Wouldn't mind getting a city location though. I'll report on where a good one could be after the next session.

I don't think I can access the chat function while at work. Go kick some butt though. Let's see if we can get some solid turns in. I'll wait to read your report later.

Top Bottom