What We Know About Brave New World

GreatWorkSlots.jpg

Has there been discussion of the tourism screen that shows us some details that weren't part of Saturday's presentation?

It showed the various buildings related to tourism, included some that the civ in question didn't have yet. That implies that this is an exhaustive list.

From left column to right, as best as I could make out (had to zoom in big time):

Amphitheater
Opera House
Museum
Broadcast Tower
Cathedral
Palace (slot for capital only)
National Epic (no slots)
Heroic Epic (no slots)
??? (kept trying to see it as the Hermitage, but it wasn't quite happening)

Also depicted was The Louvre, in Warsaw's row (not in a column).

Perhaps I've misunderstood everything, but first point on the listy for World Congress, shouldn't it be something like "Replaces United Nations"?
And perhaps under Victories, new Diplomatic Victory based on World Congress.
Finally, under general changes, it may be worth repeating that Cultural victory and Diplomatic Victory have been changed.

View attachment 346167

Has there been discussion of the tourism screen that shows us some details that weren't part of Saturday's presentation?

It showed the various buildings related to tourism, included some that the civ in question didn't have yet. That implies that this is an exhaustive list.

From left column to right, as best as I could make out (had to zoom in big time):

Amphitheater
Opera House
Museum
Broadcast Tower
Cathedral
Palace (slot for capital only)
National Epic (no slots)
Heroic Epic (no slots)
??? (kept trying to see it as the Hermitage, but it wasn't quite happening)

Also depicted was The Louvre, in Warsaw's row (not in a column).

World Wonders can be build by other civ and showing it in a column with 4 slots would be a mess (assuming that The Louvre isn't only WW with slots). And you can be 100% shure that only one of your city gets it, if any. So no reason to put them in column. Palace also is one city option but after loosing your initial capitol palace is moved to another city.

Moderator Action: Deleted a number of posts that didn't provide new information or clarify information. Please read the instructions in the OP, and remember that this thread is not for speculation. You are welcome to do that in every single other thread in this forum. :)

Just a quick question, With the inclusion of Ur we are pritty sure Summer is not a civ, could someone please list the other civs that we know won't be inbecause of the apperence of city states in the previews

Just a quick question, With the inclusion of Ur we are pritty sure Summer is not a civ, could someone please list the other civs that we know won't be inbecause of the apperence of city states in the previews

La Venta, Zanzibar and Belgrade were seen from earlier added city-states
Ur, Riga and Sofia are new city states

So: Sumer (Ur), Bulgaria (Sofia) and Serbia (Belgrade) are out as full civs
(only counting civs that came up in some of the civ threads)

EDIT: I guess you can still list the others too:
Swahili (Zanzibar), Latvia/Livonia (Riga), and the Olmec (La Venta) can't be civs in BNW either

EDIT2: wow, I perfectly guessed that Belgrade is the 6th known city-state with my example a couple days ago :)
Riga and Sofia are also new city-states
Also, they showed La Venta and Zanzibar from the "old" city states, so those were not changed
(some of these could be important when calculating new civs. IE: if Belgrade is still showed as a city-state somewhere, there definitely won't be a Serbia civ)

Perhaps I've misunderstood everything, but first point on the listy for World Congress, shouldn't it be something like "Replaces United Nations"?
And perhaps under Victories, new Diplomatic Victory based on World Congress.
Finally, under general changes, it may be worth repeating that Cultural victory and Diplomatic Victory have been changed.
World Congress doesn't replace United Nations; the UN is still required for diplomatic victory. There is a "lead-in" to the diplomatic victory that involves the WC, but the specifics have not yet been revealed.

I'm pretty sure in the demo, Beach said that the Royal Library is Assyria's UB not the UA. Also, Shirk did give an example of some great works not mentioned before in Sunday's version of the demo in the 2K booth..."Macbeth" by William Shakespeare, the Mona Lisa - Da Vinci...He delves into that right around the 13 minute mark in the youtube video. :)

New video from Gamespot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7vmiwZ6Q04

New information on Brazil
Unique Unit - Brazilian Expeditionary Force - Generates more progress towards Golden Age, the Carnaval for Brazil.
Unique Tile Improvement - Brazilian Wood Camp - Requires Jungle - +1 Gold per turn, +1 Culture after Acoustics

Unique Unit - Brazilian Expeditionary Force - Generates more progress towards Golden Age, the Carnaval for Brazil.
Unique Tile Improvement - Brazilian Wood Camp - Requires Jungle - +1 Gold per turn, +1 Culture after Acoustics

From the same video:

UA: Carnaval: Replace Golden Ages, large boost to great artist production and tourism.

Does the Wood Camp count as a Trading Post, assuming a Trading Post still has the same characteristics as currently, i.e. extra Gold and Science with certain techs and Policies? It would also be interesting to know how long it takes to build, building a TP in jungle takes ages normally. Compare it to building Polders on Marsh, which takes about half the time of building a farm there.

Thanks Everyone, updated

A translated Firaxis press release, from some Taiwanese websites:

http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/5/78135.html

Siege Tower replaces Catapult.
Royal Library replaces Library.

Assyria trait: Treasures of Ninevah (sic)
Steal an enemy technology when taking a city. Can be used only once per city.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Courtesy of cuc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Courtesy of cuc.

For clarification, so if a civ you are dominating has 10 cities, you could steal 10 different technologies? Given that they have that many techs you haven't researched....

I'd just like to point out a small error in OP:

The new city state should be spelt "Sofia", and not "Sophia".

For clarification, so if a civ you are dominating has 10 cities, you could steal 10 different technologies? Given that they have that many techs you haven't researched....

If they are that ahead of you, it probably wouldn't be an easy task to take 10 cities, unless you had it on a low difficulty setting. I don't think there is any clarification yet because the only source I've seen people share is translated from Taiwan so it's worded funky.

The two threads are being updated often so I'd expect them to come with clarifications sooner.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=491556

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=491552

Courtesy of cuc.

Also revealing in the screenshots (as many suspected) that Rio de Janeiro is indeed the Brazilian capital.

Top Bottom