Any good AI mods that improves peace negotiation?

ektrules

Chieftain
I just got Civilization 5 (complete edition) a few days ago, and it seems like the AI is too easy to exploit. Here's what I've been doing:

1) Become friends with nations.
2) Friends ask me to join war, I say yes.
3) I usually don't have any siege units, so I just have most of my units sit in my cities, and maybe send a unit to pillage. Sometimes they'll send a few units to my cities, but my garrisoned units and city defense can take care of them.
4) Eventually, whoever I declared war against offers me peace, usually giving me a city.

Haven't tried this while going to war alone. I guess it'd probably still work.

Playing on Prince because I'm new to the game, and also because I don't like that the AI gets bonuses on higher difficulties.

I think the AI should factor in my ability to capture their cities, and not offer me one if they think I cannot. (Or, maybe I could capture their cities, if I left my cities unprotected; haven't tried)

On the other hand, I'm finding it difficult to keep my civilization happy.

Are there any mods that improve this kind of thing?

You can always remove the city from the negotiation and not take it, or change it to gold instead.

Or you can avoid joining wars that you do not intend to participate in ...

And in regards to happiness - there is a mod, thats prebuilt in the game, its called - luxus resources (when improved or traded for) , happiness buildings (like circus, zoo, coliseum, stadium, stoneworks ) and happiness social policies (tradition, commerce and order).

I know I can change negotiation offers, and avoid joining wars I don't intend to participate in, but I don't want to do this. I'm playing to win. My complaint is that the AI is too easy to exploit in this regard, and was wondering if there was a mod that improved this.

I wasn't necessarily looking for mods to change happiness mechanics. I'm glad it's difficult to maintain happiness (at least for me).

the AI has many shortcomings. Changing this aspect will not be sufficient to make the game challenging. AI overhaul requires too much work to expect from unpaid modders... And besides, polls show most players are happy with king & prince, so are not looking for a challenge - just a sandbox.

You could also remove the game from your computer so this way you couldn't exploit the AI...lol

Doesn't change anything about the fact that it's a really strange request. ^^ At least I can't see any actual use of such a change. Just fixing this one little detail will not make the game more challenging overall, so just offering white peace is the easiest solution. I don't see how that is any different from knowing that the AI WOULD off him a city if you didn't use a mod. But after all, it's his game - I don't know of any mod that changes these things though.

Overall I'd still recommend playing on King at least, even as Newbie. The AI will have more things to trade, there will just be more going on in the world, which makes the game feel more alive - without really upping the difficulty too much. If you manage to keep enough army-supply to get city-offers, then you'll still be fine on King. But again, just a recommendation. ^^

I know I can change negotiation offers, and avoid joining wars I don't intend to participate in, but I don't want to do this. I'm playing to win. My complaint is that the AI is too easy to exploit in this regard, and was wondering if there was a mod that improved this.

I wasn't necessarily looking for mods to change happiness mechanics. I'm glad it's difficult to maintain happiness (at least for me).

I would suggest moving up a level or 2 at least. Peace negotiations are loosely based on military strength and the higher the level the more military the AI is likely to build so will feel stronger and less likely to offer peace deals biased in your favour unless you actively knock them down. I generally play on immortal level and often even when i have wiped out an AI army and have their city(s) at zero health ready for me to capture they will only offer simple peace even though they are about to be wiped out.

Having said that though even on higher levels there are many instances where the AI can be exploited but those exploitations often seem less of a bad thing when you almost need to exploit them in many cases to have a chance.

Top Bottom