Quick Questions and Answers

Yes. In fact, you get the wonder production boost just by settling on the marble (before you research Masonry). Researching Masonry gets you the marble's luxury benefits (both happiness and trading).

Hey does anyone know of a mod where you can do a One City Challenge WITH the AI? I want to do a One City Challenge with AI.

Also does anyone know of a mod where I can capture Capitals and keep them with One City Challenge?

From what I understand, culture buildings are destroyed when the city is captured. What if the city has great works and the conqueror has no excess capacity to store the great works?

How could the below happen, if I wasn't at war with anybody?

Attachments

• IMG00348-20140721-0938.jpg
    IMG00348-20140721-0938.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 142
How could the below happen, if I wasn't at war with anybody?

Barbarians could have plundered it.

Or the trade route that was established was interrupted. Let's say you built that road but it goes through an enemy AI's territory. Once that AI officially owns that tile(s) that the road goes through, your road is broken up unless you get open borders.

Thanks for trying, Heart Break Kid.

But none of those explanations apply:
1. I was playing "No Barbarians".
2. The trade route couldn't be interrupted because it was established through an Harbor connection, and the tiles between that city and the capital (Paris) are all my territory.

I have a few questions about workers.

I've recently found out (in this thread, took me all week but I read the whole thing!) that citizens can only work tiles that are 3 hexes from your city.

First of all, does that mean from the city tile itself, or the city border? My impression is that it is from the city tile itself.

If that is the case, does that mean that building farms, trading posts, and lumber mills only does you any good within those hexes? If so, what is the point of building improvements on tiles that are within your borders, but outside that circle of hexes? I guess none? (Other than improvements to obtain luxury resources)

If so, then what should workers be doing after improving that inner circle (other than building roads to new cities once they are large enough to justify the maintenance cost)? It seems I always run out of things for my workers to do, and that's with improving everything within my borders, so if I'm improving a lot of tiles unnecessarily, I'm really going to run out of things for them to do.

Yes, 3 rings of tiles starting from your city center tile. As you note, the only reason to work tiles outside that 3-ring radius is to obtain strategic or luxury resources, build roads to other cities, chop forests for a few hammers and maybe build a fort if you are really bored. it is quite common to run out of things for your workers to do in the mid-game/early-late game -- just disband a few (save on maintenance). By the time you might need new workers (to spam railroads or perhaps a late-game domination push that results in the need to build more roads and/or spam Trading Posts in conquered cities) they should only take a turn or two to produce.

I am friends with another leader, and have Open Borders.....So, how do I gift a unit to him? (Not a CS...Leader)

I don't see it on the Trade screen, and Don't see it on my Unit menu...Need some help, please! Thanks

Walk the unit inside his borders. Right click the unit. On the additional actions menu the gift button should be live.

hi. im newbie. i want adjust happiness bonuses of deity , and i find setting in CIV5HandicapInfos.xml in asset folder. but i change the value AIUnhappinessPercent under handicap_deity and it doesnt work,AI bonuses still same. anyone can show me how to adjust this setting ? thank
i can do it easy in first civ5 , but now in brave new world it doesnt work .why:confused:

Each expansion has its own set of game xml files. Try looking in the appropriate DLC sub folder (I think it would be Expansion_2, but I don't own BNW, only G&K so I'm not sure) for the HandicapInfos file, and changing the value there.

For the expansions, look in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC". The "Expansion" folder is G&K and "Expansion2" is BNW.

Hi, i noticed on people 's screenshots there's like this chart with points on the right side of the screen at all times. How can i make it appear in my games?

That is the single-player score list. You can enable it in game options.

Moderator Action: Thread merged with sticky Quick Questions and Answers thread

Does denouncing a civilization before declaring war on them help negate some of the warmonger penalty? If not, what is the point of denouncing?

By denoucing a civilization, you are joining side with other civs that also denouced that civilization. The downside is that the other side will hate you.

Checkout more info on the diplomacy thread: Diplomacy.

Hello, line of sight question.

See the screenshot.

Optionally, check out the video from MadDjinn's Poland LP: Video.

How is MadDjinn able to bombard Rome if his canons are in plains and there's hill in front of the city?

Edit: Figured out myself. One of the tiles is a mine on a quarry, it looked like a hill, but it's not.

Since no one has offered anything more authoritative and the question was bumped, I will take a stab at this. I usually denounce before a DOW, it just feels right, and seems to be how the developers want the game played.

Does denouncing a civilization before declaring war on them help negate some of the warmonger penalty? If not, what is the point of denouncing?

Denouncing does not help with the warmonger penalty per se, but it can get you some love from AIs who don't like the civ you are denouncing. Additionally, your denouncing often causes one or two more civs to denounce, so the love compounds. The warmonger penalty > mutual denouncing bonus, but every little bit helps.

I think you have to wait a turn between the denounce and the DoW for maximum benefit, and the denounce will cause more hate between you and the civ you are about to DoW (as well as extra friction between that civ and his allies) but since DoWing a civ >> denouncing a civ this effect is almost negligible.

tldr: denounce before DoW == fun + minor gains w/ civs (that hate your DoW target), no downside

Can someone give me their take on prerequisite building conditions?

To build a Circus, Stable, Stone Works, etc. you need the appropriate resource connected to you city (I understand that, easy!)

But what dictates which city gets the prerequisite...???

I always thought it was the first city to acquire it by border growth...Is that Right?

Is there any way to manipulate your tile selection to enable a building condition when you have multiple cities sharing the same tiles (other than dropping a Citadel), or are you locked into it!?

Top Bottom