Civilopedia 5 online

I suppose I should also put this out as an advanced notice in case anybody is wondering: I will be updating the Civilopedia to include all of the goodies that will be introduced in Gods and Kings. I have it pre-ordered so I'm getting in on release day through Steam, I'm just not sure how long it will actually take me to dig around through all of the XML files to figure out how all of the new stuff is linked together and find (and splice out) all of the images. My goal is to have it up some time during the weekend of June 23/24. If things go better than I'm anticipating, it may even be up before then. :)

Thank you very much again, Nebular.

But can I ask you one thing: to leave the civilopedia for vanilla civ 5 somewhere for ppl like me, who will not buy G&K very soon? It would be also nice to have these 2 versions of civilopedia to compare things etc. Thanks! ;)

Thank you very much again, Nebular.

But can I ask you one thing: to leave the civilopedia for vanilla civ 5 somewhere for ppl like me, who will not buy G&K very soon? It would be also nice to have these 2 versions of civilopedia to compare things etc. Thanks! ;)
I can move the existing (vanilla) one to a new directory where it can stay in its current state. I can't, however, maintain both as the way of retrieving data has changed for a number of pieces in the expansion XML files, so the vanilla one won't be updated as new DLC and patches are released.

Sorry for nitpicking Nebular, :blush: but I found a mistake: The image for both Lake and Oasis is the same but in the game it's different.

Thanks for the webpage non the less!

Another bug I found, is that in Game Concepts there is a shift in the menu (it starts between Culture and Diplomacy). (Part of the Culture items starts already in Diplo menu, and Diplo items are in the next section - Happiness). It is maybe because Victory title should be in the place of Culture (currently Victory is somewhere at the end), and anything below should be moved 1 down. :) I hope you understand what I mean, coz my English isnt that good. :D

Keep up GJ ! :)

Another bug I found, is that in Game Concepts there is a shift in the menu (it starts between Culture and Diplomacy). (Part of the Culture items starts already in Diplo menu, and Diplo items are in the next section - Happiness). It is maybe because Victory title should be in the place of Culture (currently Victory is somewhere at the end), and anything below should be moved 1 down. :) I hope you understand what I mean, coz my English isnt that good. :D

Keep up GJ ! :)
Thanks for pointing that one out. I don't think I ever would have noticed it! :) Fixed!

An amazing website. Thank you for your work.

Comment on the Promotion section:

1) I like the fact that the different categories (melee, ranged, naval, etc.) sections collapse with a click. Makes it easier to get around. However, when you click on a promotion to review, then all the categories uncollapse. Minor issue, but it would be nice if the sections remained collapsed.

2) It would be nice to know when and where the promotions can be obtained. For example, the promotion: Can Carry 1 Cargo. When can you get it? What technology or era? What units are eligible? What are promotional pre-requisites?

Top Bottom