Is Civ V any fun on a tablet?

WhoGnu

Chieftain
I am going on vacation and may get bored and want to play some Civ. Any suggestions on what to play on? Would a good laptop be better?

I don't know much about these things. I am a desktop PC guy and have never had much use for a mobile device besides my smartphone. I may have to change that for my next trip.

Any suggestions?

Mark N

Depends on how thumby you are. I've accidentally nuked myself trying to rebase like a bazillion times.

The answer may have more to do with for you are any games fun for you on your tablet or not?
It's quite a bit different than normal.
And in fact I find I get tired much quicker on any touch screen than on a regular keyboard and mouse.

The answer may have more to do with for you are any games fun for you on your tablet or not?
It's quite a bit different than normal.
And in fact I find I get tired much quicker on any touch screen than on a regular keyboard and mouse.

I find this too.

As "futuristic" ( I say that because touchscreens are hardly new ) as touch control is it just kinda, objectively, disappoints compared to a top-shelf mouse and keyboard.

It's cool, and gestures like pinch zooming and two-finger rotating make me smile as much as anyone else, but it's not really all that slick in practice.

This game is also VERY cpu intensive, so i think a tablet's going to struggle in the later eras.

I am going on vacation and may get bored and want to play some Civ. Any suggestions on what to play on? Would a good laptop be better?

I don't know much about these things. I am a desktop PC guy and have never had much use for a mobile device besides my smartphone. I may have to change that for my next trip.

Any suggestions?

Mark N

A good laptop would be better I would have thought - I play Civ just on my laptop and its fine for me. I kind of wish I had a 17" screen rather than a 15.5" screen at times but its perfect for me rather than a traditional setup.

I find this too.

As "futuristic" ( I say that because touchscreens are hardly new ) as touch control is it just kinda, objectively, disappoints compared to a top-shelf mouse and keyboard.

It's cool, and gestures like pinch zooming and two-finger rotating make me smile as much as anyone else, but it's not really all that slick in practice.

I suspect the tablets that can use a stylus instead of your actual finger would be less tiring, but there's not that many of those.

A good laptop would be better I would have thought - I play Civ just on my laptop and its fine for me. I kind of wish I had a 17" screen rather than a 15.5" screen at times but its perfect for me rather than a traditional setup.

Its even better on 24", and on 27" is simply sick :D Laptops are simply not designed for games, if you have the space to put a real desktop, thats the way to go if you wanna play games ... You get way more for your money.

Top Bottom