Liberating A City Takes My Tiles?

docbud

Emperor
There was a discussion a week or so ago about citadels and grabbing or keeping your land.

I am playing a game where I was battling the Zulus. I had earlier used two citadels (don't ask me why) to grab oil I needed. Later in the game, I liberated the Songhai's capital and then their second city (Jenna). But I lost my oil when I liberated the second city.

I have attached pics. Can anyone explain how I lose my oil when I clearly owned it?

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

EDIT: I replayed it and tried to raze Jenna. It was okay for the first turn but then I was going to lose the oil. The oil tile belonged to them for some reason. Is there a minimum number of tiles a city must have or something?

And I replayed again, and the oil tile belongs to Jenna.

Attachments

• pic01.jpg
    pic01.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 513
  • pic02.jpg
    pic02.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 536
  • pic03.jpg
    pic03.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 517
Looks like liberating a city makes its first ring of hexes automatically go to the receiving player, regardless of other factors. I bet if you'd surrounded it with Citadels, they'd all have gone to Askia.

Looks like liberating a city makes its first ring of hexes automatically go to the receiving player, regardless of other factors. I bet if you'd surrounded it with Citadels, they'd all have gone to Askia.
You'll have to remake a citadel there to get it back

^^Unfortunately, that's not an option. I ended up puppeting the stupid city of Jenna so I could keep the oil.

As far as I'm concerned you actually take posession of the city once you take it, only then does it switch allegiences depending on your choice.

^^I'm definitely not an expert, but I believe liberating a CS just gives you major influence with the city state you liberated, and that's about it.

^^I'm definitely not an expert, but I believe liberating a CS just gives you major influence with the city state you liberated, and that's about it.

Mouseover tells me I will get an "Extreme" liberation bonus if a I liberate a CS.

^^That may be. But I don't think the AI civs care about that. I know you get a ton of influence with the CS you liberate, and maybe that's the "extreme" liberation bonus.

But like I said--I'm not an expert. I'll let the experts chime in.

Doesn't getting liberation bonuses erase warmonger penalties?

Yeah thats one of the clearest things in the game. Warmonger your neighbours to the point where their only chance of expansion is taking a CS. Liberate that CS, remove warmonger bonus, and make your ruined neighbour look bad. Its so evil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom