Can't found religion bug?

monad

Chieftain
I am playing as Spain, have 171/134 faith at turn 32, no other religions have been founded, yet I cannot found one myself (no possible great prophet). Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks for help.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I am playing as Spain, have 171/134 faith at turn 32, no other religions have been founded, yet I cannot found one myself (no possible great prophet). Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks for help.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I assume you're playing on Quick speed, because it's 200 faith for the first Great Prophet on Standard. If so, the 134 is just the minimum required for a chance to generate a GP. Once you meet that threshold, there is a chance each turn that you generate one. My guess is that you've just been unlucky so far. At +20 fpt, you've only gone a couple turns without getting your GP so far (131 was too soon, 151 and 171 were your first 2 chances).

I assume you're playing on Quick speed, because it's 200 faith for the first Great Prophet on Standard. If so, the 134 is just the minimum required for a chance to generate a GP. Once you meet that threshold, there is a chance each turn that you generate one. My guess is that you've just been unlucky so far. At +20 fpt, you've only gone a couple turns without getting your GP so far (131 was too soon, 151 and 171 were your first 2 chances).

You are right.. I got it 3 turns later. I was misled by the faith difference, not the actual nb of turns. Thanks.

The chance of getting a great prophet at the minimum required faith, instead of one being just guaranteed, is one of my least favorite mechanics in the game.

Reading this thread reminds me, I should check the mods section to see if anyone has solved that yet!

EDIT: Thanks Browd!

Top Bottom