[MOD] More Naval AI

Tholal, if you want to upgrade the terrain graphics, Master of Mana has great terrains. tesb had done wonderful work there. Maybe the MoM team would not mind if you use their terrain graphics.

Getting what appears to be a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn. Just hit "Enter."

I ran into this issue myself last week. The Revolutions code is trying to spawn non-existent units for a rebellion. Fix will be in the next release. Not sure if you can fix this particular game or not. When I tested it, the revolution was in Glulynn, so maybe you can delete that city and keep playing, but I can't guarantee that it won't happen again. Hoping to get the new release out this week.

In my current game Gosea, a sheaim rebel faction, casted Worldbreak, although Tebryn already casted it.
When a Worldspell really would be available just once in a game (not once for every player, like it seems to be), you maybe have to cast it earlier as you wanted, to prevent a rebel to cast it himself. But two times Worldbreak in only a few turns is a bit annoying.

Maybe the best solution is to let every player do its worldspell one time, but to define a minimum number of turns between two similar spells.

None of the world spells have ever been limited to being cast once per game. I don't believe that the game technically has any way of keeping track of how many time a spell has been cast. The limit was always one world spell per player per game. (It is entirely possible for one civilization to be given multiple world spells but only be able to cast one, at least until the Birthright Regained ritual.)

I ran into this issue myself last week. The Revolutions code is trying to spawn non-existent units for a rebellion. Fix will be in the next release. Not sure if you can fix this particular game or not. When I tested it, the revolution was in Glulynn, so maybe you can delete that city and keep playing, but I can't guarantee that it won't happen again. Hoping to get the new release out this week.

Glad you figured out a fix for the next release.

I started a new game, so no need to worry about whether I can fix this particular game. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

In my current game Gosea, a sheaim rebel faction, casted Worldbreak, although Tebryn already casted it.
When a Worldspell really would be available just once in a game (not once for every player, like it seems to be), you maybe have to cast it earlier as you wanted, to prevent a rebel to cast it himself. But two times Worldbreak in only a few turns is a bit annoying.

Maybe the best solution is to let every player do its worldspell one time, but to define a minimum number of turns between two similar spells.

In addition to what MagisterCultuum said, it's not uncommon to see games with multiple instances of a Civ (pre-revolutions, I might add) fire off their WorldSpell.

The obvious one is For the Horde by the Clan, though the AI's finally been fixed so it doesn't trigger it turn one; the other one is WorldBreak: Armeggedon 50, both Tebryn and Os-Gobella fire it off, and it hurts.

Tholal, I'm playing one of the scenarios (the Elf one), and I'm using fireballs to weaken enemy stacks.

However, none of the fireballs are successfully killing any units -- they withdraw instead. Since fireballs are throwaway 'units', I don't think they should have any withdrawal chance. They either die or successfully kill something, causing their splash damage in either case.

Your issue is not that fireballs have a withdraw chance, but that they are mere Illusions of Fireballs. The Svartalfar Mage UU has the illusionist promotion, which passes on the illusion promotion to its summons. The illusion promotion prevents a unit from being able to damage a unit past 10% of its strength. (I find this very annoying, and chose to completely change now illusions work in my modmod.)

I just got a new computer today, and have just installed my modmod from the files I posted online. This time I did not bother with installing the BUG Mod, but instead just used the folder with the ini files that you provide. In my first game after doing so, I still got one message about a missing ini file. I tried to get a screen shot, but was a bit slow and don't recall it exactly. I can see this in my PythonErr.log file:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BugPath", line 461, in initNoCustomAssetsSetting
  File "configobj", line 337, in __getitem__
KeyError: 'CONFIG'
How do I deal with this?

i've seen them withdraw too, and they didn't do any kind of damage. definitely not using Svartalfar, would have been elohim or malakim. advanced tactics was on for sure, on my game

Whereas, I AM playing Svaltafar without Advance Tactics as it's a scenario. Interesting.

I'm of a mixed opinion of the Illusionist promotion. On one hand, the mechanic makes complete sense; on the other, it's rather annoying as it slows down my offensive charge and risks my defensive line (particularly if the enemy has healers in their advancing line). Hmm.

The illusionist promotion is super annoying for Body 3 mages. The first time I ever built up a legit Body 3 mage was when playing as the Svart. I was perturbed that my Flesh Golems were illusions (and hence susceptible to being destroyed by Empyeran priests). Illusion is fine for one turn summons, but it really stinks for Flesh Golems.

Tholal, I just found a major reason to fix the Black Mirror bug if you haven't yet: I've been using it to my advantage in this scenario (Alakazan creates an illusion, expires, one of my units picks up the fresh mirror and uses it in battle to soften the enemy; repeat the process till my entire army's outfitted).

Here's the problem: I have four Shadowriders, four Royal Guards, four Knights, four Phalanxes, four Shadows and four Beastmasters in my stack of doom. Someone in my stack manages to die. Ok, build a new one.
Meanwhile, I'm still duplicating my army. But now suddenly there are six Shadowriders, causing the city rebuilding the fourth to fail in building it. And in the heat of a massive battle, it can be hard to remember "Which National Unit am I rebuilding?" when I hit the mirror, causing my icon display to go haywire until I click on units elsewhere.

I can see this in my PythonErr.log file:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BugPath", line 461, in initNoCustomAssetsSetting
  File "configobj", line 337, in __getitem__
KeyError: 'CONFIG'
How do I deal with this?

I have no idea. However, the next version will auto-create the .ini files if they are missing, so hopefully that will take care of these sorts of issues.

Tholal, I just found a major reason to fix the Black Mirror bug if you haven't yet:

It is already fixed. New release coming soon...

Also in the next release, temporary summons will not get the inherent withdrawal bonus.

I just downloaded this and now it won't let me play any of my saved games. A pop-up appears that says

"Runtime Error! Program: ...lization 4 Complete/Beyond the Sword/Civ4BeyondSword.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Does anyone know what to do? Sorry :(

Lol at the complaint about illusions. What better way to gain free xp for your normal units that finishing off almost dead meat?
I ALWAYS found ilusionists better than mages because of that - probably because I spam more units than normal.

Also Ilusionists are meant to form a combo with assassins, that is pretty clear.

No one complains about Tsunami though.
I must be playing a different game.

Top Bottom