Does anyone still play this game?

Um, you're aware he was joking and making a critical reference to Civ V? Right?

Sure, but this is a good game. If you want to slag on Civ V, say it's the sequel to something bad. How about Civ V is the sequel to Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis?

I'm not a hardcore civ fan and still have to get civ 5, but I do enjoy civ rev (ps3) from time to time. In fact it's one of the only ps3 games that I will not sell

It wasn't very good.

Actually, I think it was excellent.

What it wasn't was a robust Civ game.

It was, instead, a console game that had the flavor of Civ. So at that, I say it was excellent. You could play through in a couple of hours and it was a bunch of fun. It was no where near as complex as Civ 4 or 5, no. In fact its gameplay reminded me mostly of Civ 1.

I play it once in a while when I have idle time away from my computer right on my iPod touch (I am considering on getting it for my iPad as well).

I just picked this game up today, and it's not as bad as it seems...
Why DO everyone hate this game so much? It's got charm... it's not as deep as Civ IV, but it certainly have replay value.
Sometimes the brain can't take Civ IV, so I'd switch it up with CivRev.

I don't know why it got such a bad rap, other than a lot of fanatics wanted it to be 'Civ5', and were disappointed that it was a simpler game, intended solely for the console market.

As for me, I loved playing the pre-release version back in 2007, playing on my DS, and then my iPod Touch. Over the holidays, my daughter picked it up for her XBox, and I had a blast playing it when I went over for a visit. ;)

Multiplayer is tops. We are just finishing up an epic tournament on xbox. I think I'll see if there's enough interest to start another one soon.

No

a hut gave me a tank, and killed eveyone alive who faught with spears

I played it twice and put it away

stupid game

I like the game. It is no Civ2 in terms of depth of strategy, but it is a solid game. I think its big problem is that, as a turn based strategy game (TBSG) for use on consoles, it has the problem of being neither fish nor fowl. Console gamers generally want action in their games. TBSGs are light on action. How could they not be? The game waits however long for you to give your orders. Meanwhile, console controls really are not very good for handling the variety of possible actions available in a really good TBSG. So a game like CivRev is unsatisfying to both of its potential target markets.

I liked it for what it was a civ to pick up and play on the tv.

Yes I like the PS3 version, it's good for quick fix of Civ, only thing that irks me is the gibberish or "simlish" the leaders speak.

I have Civ Rev for the PS3, and I really love it.
Keep in mind it was the first Civ game I ever played.
After a week or so, I went to Amazon.com and ordered Civ 3 Complete, as well as Civ 4, the Warlords & the Beyond the Sword Discs for my Macbook just a few weeks ago.
I am still getting my feet wet in the Mac versions, but I still play Revolutions a few times a week.
If it was their plan to introduce Civ to a wider audience to sell PC/Mac games versions, it worked. :D

Top Bottom