custom unit questions

nates1984

Chieftain
first of all, i'm sorry if these are repeated questions, i just wish this was as easy as civ 2

1) i have gotten some new units, but my problem is with the air units, i see no bombs falling onto the cities when i do a bombing mission, so how do i fix that if i can?

2) another thing about the air units, they can move around the map like a land unit, i can fortify them outside a city, on say, a grassland square, whats up with that?

3) every time i try to edit the units_32 file, the pictures look all weird, how can i do it correctly? what program do i have to use and what settings are needed? please dont tell me to go get zulu's units_32 or anything like that, i would like to make my own...

4) i got the gattling mecha, and on the city screen, when i hit the button to change prodution it looks fine on the list, but after i choose it i can only see half of it on the button, how do i fix this?

5) i use civ3multi-tool, but the only AI stratagies i can choose is air defense and explore, how can i fix that?

6) anyone figuered out how to edit .amb files yet?

thanks to anyone who read this far

Originally posted by nates1984
first of all, i'm sorry if these are repeated questions, i just wish this was as easy as civ 2

1) i have gotten some new units, but my problem is with the air units, i see no bombs falling onto the cities when i do a bombing mission, so how do i fix that if i can?

2) another thing about the air units, they can move around the map like a land unit, i can fortify them outside a city, on say, a grassland square, whats up with that?

3) every time i try to edit the units_32 file, the pictures look all weird, how can i do it correctly? what program do i have to use and what settings are needed? please dont tell me to go get zulu's units_32 or anything like that, i would like to make my own...

4) i got the gattling mecha, and on the city screen, when i hit the button to change prodution it looks fine on the list, but after i choose it i can only see half of it on the button, how do i fix this?

5) i use civ3multi-tool, but the only AI stratagies i can choose is air defense and explore, how can i fix that?

6) anyone figuered out how to edit .amb files yet?

thanks to anyone who read this far

I guess you're talking about custom, hand made, units. For any questions on that, and their answers, you should go to the creation and customization forum.

Just a quick hint: did you alter the units ordering in the units_32.pcx file, i.e. the order in which the units should appear?
I won't tell you to get Zulu's file, but just try to reinstall the original one, no new units, and check if there is still a problem with the bombers.
If there still is, check it out in your mod: may be you have given them additional capabilities such as fortify, etc.

But as Shabbaman said, you'll best find your answers in the Creation & Customization forum.

Top Bottom