Nebuchadnezzar II - Babylon music

Netsurfer733

Warlord
I haven't had much time to play, save for casually with the girlfriend (she's the real hardcore Civ 5 player). I just wanted to know - and I haven't been able to find this here, online - what music plays when playing Babylon. I would very much like to know what plays during the course of play - music that is probably shared by other civilizations. I'm talking about the songs that include what sounds like an Oud or Lute.

(I am NOT speaking of these two pieces http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxS_HUHo3eM & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHMK7OgDJjM )

Does anyone know where I can find these pieces, or what they are called?

You have a girlfriend who plays Civ 5? Oh, you lucky, lucky guy...

This filepath should get what you're looking for (I think).
Steam->steamapps->common->sid meier's civilization v->assets->Sounds->Streamed->Music->Middle East Africa

Oh I know it. I really do :)

I tried downloading an app off of cnet to change those .ogg files into mp3's, but it didn't seem to work, and the whole thing was screwing up my browser and giving me adware like stuff, so it had to go.

Is there any easier way to listen to them and be able to share them?

The Middle East music is really underrated, I think. Some of it is really beautiful. Unfortunately I don't know the answer to the OP's question, but I'd be very interested to find out.

You have a girlfriend who plays Civ 5? Oh, you lucky, lucky guy...

So does my boyfriend :p We do exist, you know! Although I suspect many of us are taken.

I tried downloading an app off of cnet to change those .ogg files into mp3's, but it didn't seem to work, and the whole thing was screwing up my browser and giving me adware like stuff, so it had to go.

Is there any easier way to listen to them and be able to share them?

I just opened all the files with foobar2000, which plays them without a problem.
Only thing is, that you can't put them on an mp3 player or something in that format. My phone plays the files just fine though.

So does my boyfriend :p We do exist, you know! Although I suspect many of us are taken.

Quite right. Though I suppose in my case there is not going to be a boyfriend to brag about me. It is a bit less remarkable to women to have a girlfriend that plays games. :p

And yes, the Middle East music is really great. One of the primary reasons I prefer playing Babylon over Korea. OP, is this the song you are referring to?

Quite right. Though I suppose in my case there is not going to be a boyfriend to brag about me. It is a bit less remarkable to women to have a girlfriend that plays games. :p

And yes, the Middle East music is really great. One of the primary reasons I prefer playing Babylon over Korea. OP, is this the song you are referring to?

Ohhh brilliant - YES! And I'm sorry I didn't see this over the weekend. I just drove 4 hours to see them, and I had to show my father by actually opening up my game, and loading up Babylon. The reason he was impressed is because he literally sounds exactly like this when he plays. He...sort of has the largest collection of middle eastern instruments in the US. So it's been wild to basically listen to my father for hours and hours on end, and he got a great kick out of hearing all this :) He was even able to name one of the songs!

Sorry for the unnecessarily long responses - but thanks! I'll email this to him now.

This filepath should get what you're looking for (I think).
Steam->steamapps->common->sid meier's civilization v->assets->Sounds->Streamed->Music->Middle East Africa

you posted it long time ago but i really need to thank you...:D

Top Bottom