[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

It'll be founded in one of your cities, most likely the one that founded the Order. It will not, however, be able to spread to any city other than its holy city, so long as the Order is present in every city.

If the veil does suplant one of your order cities, hopefully you have an inquisitor that can walk over and destroy it, effectively removing it from the game. When I play the Order, I usually have it a goal to purge AV for sheer RP sake :)

Give it away to an ennemy faction when you make a peace treaty and raze it ten turns later :D

See it as your sodom and gomora :D

Well darn, Another civ grabbed Ashen Veil before I could. I'll try again later. For some reason I love wiping out that religion and anything associated with it.

@Keal

I was just wondering... was the sdk for ffhII ever released to the public?

Civkid1991 said:
@Keal

I was just wondering... was the sdk for ffhII ever released to the public?

No, a lot of the more interesting changes have been documented and posted in case people want to do things like it. And some folks have copies of it in various stages. But I dont post it publically because it changes so frequently and I dont want to be in the business of supporting it.

Once we get FfH2 finished we will probably put it all up if Talchas and Chalid are cool with that.

OK, I must be missing something. My priest of leaves has Nature II, and the spell Bloom shows up, but it is always grayed out. No tile that he visits can actually be "bloomed." Any idea what I am doing wrong?

beorn said:
OK, I must be missing something. My priest of leaves has Nature II, and the spell Bloom shows up, but it is always grayed out. No tile that he visits can actually be "bloomed." Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Working fine for me. You have to be in a tile that already doesn't have a forest or a "new forest".

Kael said:
No, a lot of the more interesting changes have been documented and posted in case people want to do things like it. And some folks have copies of it in various stages. But I dont post it publically because it changes so frequently and I dont want to be in the business of supporting it.

Once we get FfH2 finished we will probably put it all up if Talchas and Chalid are cool with that.
Fine by me.

Funny the comments about the AV. I usually actively seek it out so I can reap the benefits of all the lovely little beakers getting added to my cities! so what if I look evil to the rest of the world... bring em on :D!

Anyway, a comment about the Bloom Spell... hopefully Kael can verify this, but I beleive sometime in late .14(maybe it was introduced in .15) Bloom was changed to destray any improvements in a tile its cast in... or at least I remember seeing a conversation that that was going to be put in place... anyway, I find myself able to cast Bloom in any tiles that have NO improvements on it.. perhaps there was a glitch in setting up the Improvement Destroy vs. Not Able to Build Here... just a thought..?

Cheers!

Yes, upon further experimentation, I found that I can cast it, but not if there is a cottage or irrigation in the tile. You can put a cottage or irrigation in a forest, but cannot put a new forest around a cottage or irrigation.

Also, it turns out you cannot bloom a tile outside your cultural border.

Yes thats correct, you cant bloom on an improvement.

Started a game on version h now version i is out. Do you recomend starting a new game or can I continue. At what point do you recomend not continuing a save game for a version change?

Do you play much with tech trading off?

Regards,

Webrider said:
Started a game on version h now version i is out. Do you recomend starting a new game or can I continue. At what point do you recomend not continuing a save game for a version change?

Do you play much with tech trading off?

Regards,

I dont play with tech trading off, but I know others do and it works fine. They like it because it forces the civs to play distinctly instead of everyone basically having access to the same techs.

Patch "i" (or patch "j" which I am uploading right now) won't break saves so it is up to you. They won't break your save game so I would go ahead and patch rather than risk losing your game to a bug.

You can continue saves on this patch and any patch that doesn't explicity say it breaks saves. Go for it if you are having a good game!

Some people do like to play with tech trading off, Ai's usually trade with each other and out pace humans if they aren't vigilant or don't hurry to trade tech.

Patch "j" is up. It resolves the following issues:

1. Pressing "N" no longer causes an error (fixed by Teg Navanis).
2. Flesh Golems no longer lose their combat promotions.
3. Fix for PLE getting swamped with simotaneous events.
4. Health bars don't display combat results until combat is finished (fixed by vorshlumpf).
5. Seafaring grants access to Fishing (Exploration can be skipped for the Lanun).
6. Govannon can not train priests to cast his spells.

Kael said:
Yes thats correct, you cant bloom on an improvement.

Does this go for elves too? (bummer having to destroy a town just to get a town with ancient forrest :sad: )

anyway... what I really wanted to say was:
Thanks for spoiling us, I remember you saying somewhere that the reason you gave us so many patches in 0.15 is because 0.16 is a long wait (how long exactly?, can't seem to find an eta for 0.16 anywhere), but really looking at how close all the versions have been to each other in the past I believe that no one would dare complain even if you did'nt patch as often as you do. Good job guys! (and girls if there are any on the team :p )

Top Bottom