Caveman 2 Cosmos

Hey I just downloaded the mod today after looking into it. Now when I start the game I can do everything except start a game. The moment I start the game I get a C++ runtime error. Doesnt matter what I do to fix it, it doesnt work.

I have windows xp 32bit, with 4 gigs of ram, and the 3 gig fix. Also have a brand new video card, and processor so that isnt the problem. Any help would be great, I really want to try out the mod.

Hey I just downloaded the mod today after looking into it. Now when I start the game I can do everything except start a game. The moment I start the game I get a C++ runtime error. Doesnt matter what I do to fix it, it doesnt work.

I have windows xp 32bit, with 4 gigs of ram, and the 3 gig fix. Also have a brand new video card, and processor so that isnt the problem. Any help would be great, I really want to try out the mod.

Did you change the name or place it in the wrong area, should be in the mods area same as Afterworld, etc.

Yeah its in the spot its supposed to be. Ive redownloaded it as well still no luck.

Have you lately updated your video card for the current drivers, and and done a defrag of your hard drive lately?

Couple of questions from noob:

Everytime I save my game CTRL+S, it asks if I want to create BTS or Max. Compatibility save. Is there any way to bypass this popup?

Second one is about Explore mode on units, can't make any units explore automatically. Keyboard shortcut E doesn't do anything.

Thank you in advance and from a great MOD.

EDIT: using latest v13

Everytime I save my game CTRL+S, it asks if I want to create BTS or Max. Compatibility save. Is there any way to bypass this popup?

Second one is about Explore mode on units, can't make any units explore automatically. Keyboard shortcut E doesn't do anything.

OK i suggest you use Max Compatibility because that a special version that Koshling made up and it took him quite a while of hard work to get it to work, and then if anything goes wrong from this mod, all you need is that saved game and it would be ten times easier to resolve the issue that way, IMO.:p

Go into the "Lady Bug" (upper left hand corner of mod) and look under Caveman2Cosmos it has all the hide and unhide stuff there, plus there is also all kind off "personal" options throughout you might want to change from there also.

btw Welcome to CFC

On second point, in the BUG options Automations tab you need to turn off the the hide automate explore check box and then save game and exit. I discovered this when my missionaries did not automate for the same reasons.

StrategyOnlyI am getting forests overgrowing farm lands - in this case seed camps. See attached image. Similar has been reported on AND forum.

The city limit does not transfer to C2C well. I reckon I will have 20-30 settlers ready to build cities by the time I get to "Bronze Working". Mind you the world will probably be covered in barbarian cities by then.

Attachments

• forest.jpg
    forest.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 167
OK i suggest you use Max Compatibility because that a special version that Koshling made up and it took him quite a while of hard work to get it to work, and then if anything goes wrong from this mod, all you need is that saved game and it would be ten times easier to resolve the issue that way, IMO.:p

Go into the "Lady Bug" (upper left hand corner of mod) and look under Caveman2Cosmos it has all the hide and unhide stuff there, plus there is also all kind off "personal" options throughout you might want to change from there also.

btw Welcome to CFC

Thanks, I'm using Max Comp. mode, but I just thought if it could have been chosen like once, not everytime I save my game. It's just a bit annoying to choose that mode everytime.

Dancing Hoskuld said:
On second point, in the BUG options Automations tab you need to turn off the the hide automate explore check box and then save game and exit. I discovered this when my missionaries did not automate for the same reasons.

Thank you, this solved my problem

Is there a real earth map (with accurate civ placements) in this mod? I think something like this added to a map like Rhye's, would be REALLY awesome, especially if you combine the rise and fall of civilizations as well ;)

Is there a real earth map (with accurate civ placements) in this mod? I think something like this added to a map like Rhye's, would be REALLY awesome, especially if you combine the rise and fall of civilizations as well ;)

Have you tried Rons, near the bottom of the Private Maps?

Can C2C and AND now reside together in the BtS/Mods folder without interfering with each other as they have in previous versions?

JosEPh

Thanks so much for this great work and this great mod!

Do you have an ideas subforum? In my Games I miss an option like "Limited to 3 religions" or something like this. The point is, frequently I end up hunting for religions or on Deity once in a while one opponent founds almost all religions. But if I play with Limited religions - as there are plenty of them - every player has its own religions with is as well too extreme as having two players (from 16) founding all religions.

Besides, limited religions may force you too often to wait to research some technologies as i.e. Druidism and Shamanism are not so beneficial and you couldn't found any other.

A limit to found only 3 or 4 religions sounds just perfect. Or it might scale with number of players.

If you tell me where and how to modify limited religions to 3 or how to add the above Game-option I can do it my own.

Great work guys, I stayed up 'til the wee hours playing this and really having fun.

One thing, with Quot Cap I get many many leaders and new civs, Hitler, the Iroquois, 3-4 Viking guys. I thought many of these were transferred over to c2c. With Quot I got a Installshield wizard that offered me to use all the extra leaders (leaderheads?) or not to, by a check-box. Is there an extra file to use with c2c?

Great work guys, I stayed up 'til the wee hours playing this and really having fun.

One thing, with Quot Cap I get many many leaders and new civs, Hitler, the Iroquois, 3-4 Viking guys. I thought many of these were transferred over to c2c. With Quot I got a Installshield wizard that offered me to use all the extra leaders (leaderheads?) or not to, by a check-box. Is there an extra file to use with c2c?

Not at this time, i took them out.

Thanks so much for this great work and this great mod!

Do you have an ideas subforum? In my Games I miss an option like "Limited to 3 religions" or something like this. The point is, frequently I end up hunting for religions or on Deity once in a while one opponent founds almost all religions. But if I play with Limited religions - as there are plenty of them - every player has its own religions with is as well too extreme as having two players (from 16) founding all religions.

Besides, limited religions may force you too often to wait to research some technologies as i.e. Druidism and Shamanism are not so beneficial and you couldn't found any other.

A limit to found only 3 or 4 religions sounds just perfect. Or it might scale with number of players.

If you tell me where and how to modify limited religions to 3 or how to add the above Game-option I can do it my own.
Not the easiest thing to do. We may address this fairly soon though. I've got to make Divine Prophets compatible with Limited Religions anyhow. Might as well address an option for Limited Religions (3) as well while I'm at it. Doing so does require extensive SDK work.

Have you lately updated your video card for the current drivers, and and done a defrag of your hard drive lately?

I had updated my video card two days ago before I downloaded the mod. And defragged the same day. So I can defrag again I just dont know why it would cause the runtime error.

I had updated my video card two days ago before I downloaded the mod. And defragged the same day. So I can defrag again I just dont know why it would cause the runtime error.

Do you own a Nvidia card or a GeForce card by any chance?

Top Bottom