Caveman 2 Cosmos

Hmm, I like this mod, it does remind me a lot of Rise of Mankind, though, but that's a good thing. And no MAFs yet.
One thing I noticed, I can't found more than one religion? Is there a reason for this? And can I turn it off? Because that's almost as annoying as Revolutions mod. :)

The Revolution mod is way too cranky to actually be playable for me. One tiny thing, and a city rebels, and spawns with longbowman and knights. I'm not even that far into the Medieval era! That's broken! Especially with 12 units from a city with 4 people. Broken.

Sorry, I tend to get a little ranty over that. But I would like to adjust it so I can actually found more than one religion, so I don't have to stop researching until I get the right one. Otherwise it's impossible to actually pick Taoism or Christianity, or anything new when you start from the beginning.

I know that can lead to insane money surpluses, but still, it's less broken than some things. Unless you moved Islam or Taoism or something to 2000 BC. :)
Maybe I'm weird, but if it's not broken, don't fix it.

WHOA! Somewhat major bug found. King Richards Crusade doesn't create Crusaders I think.
Whoops, never mind.

Yeah, i changed the religion to ONE only holy city per civ, that way you cant get to greedy, BUT you can capture other holy cities and change your religion if you want, thats why in the first couple of posts i have you have to know what your going for right away in the religion area, just makes it more interesting, and i changed some around to make it more challenging also. I especially know Christianity is hard to get, but just like the olden days, it was also. Plus forbidden in most countries.

Dont know about the city rebelling thing, must be a Firaxis thing. (Anyone know what gives here?)

I just went out and got myself 2GB of memory more and i am trying to figure out the MAF stuff also, i have tested now and have the graphics on high all the way to the industrial area so far, modern and future hopefully, without any MAF's. But i am only playing with 17 civs, on a 150X72 map.:p

And thx for writing things down, anything at all always makes a game better down the future, i have changed alot of things already, just because people have been writing down what they lie and dont like so far, so keep on trying, and thx for trying this mod!;)

I'm aware of the change, but I would like to fix it back to what it was. :)
Greedy or not, I'd like to actually see these new religions someday.
Besides, it's fun. OKay, where is it? It's not in the global defines file.
And it's not so much as one holy city, but only one religion period. Which isn't even realistic in some cases. Also, please don't add anything silly like forbidding relgions to certain groups. Or, if you have, make it modifiable.

Anyway, I don't know why anyone would want the Revolutions mod added to this mod, mostly because I told you earlier how messed up it was. :)
That was the main thing up there. Sorry for any confusion.
I play to have fun, period, which is why certain changes, I must fix. Because they don't make it fun for me.
Also, how do I change that back? Because I can't find it anywhere? I can fix the wonder limits, I can fix many things.

As I stated earlier, I'm fine with the religion change. I've grown to like it as I play the mod more because I tend to go for religion massing just because I can in almost all games I play. Only being able to found one holy city has let me focus more on things like warmongering or wonder building. In multiplayer games my friend and I have gotten in a good number of building wars over wonders.

You'd have to know alittle python to do it,, the name of he mod comp is Basic Limited Religions, and two files there: CvEventManager and CvGameUtils, dont ask me what to take out, i cant remember. But if you have NWA v001 it might help to find the differences.
Or any other mod that doesnt have this really. But becareful, python is very tricky, one thing out of line, ruins everything.

Ah, thank you, and it's a good thing I know a little Python. :crazyeye:
While I do understand the reasoning behind it, it's still not the most fun. Especially when the A.I cheats and grabs a religion that you want before them. :) "Blah has founded Amun-Ra." "Darn."
Gah. Is this is, maybe?

#Check if player already has Holy City
bHolyCity = False
lCities = PyPlayer( iPlayer ).getCityList( )
for iCity in range( len( lCities ) ):
pCity = gc.getPlayer( iPlayer ).getCity( lCities[ iCity ].getID( ) )
for iReligionLoop in range( gc.getNumReligionInfos( ) ):
if pCity.isHolyCityByType( iReligionLoop ):
bHolyCity = True

if bHolyCity == False:

for i in range(gc.getNumReligionInfos()):
if gc.getReligionInfo(i).getTechPrereq() == iTechType:
if gc.getGame().isReligionFounded(i) == False:
gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).foundReligion(i,i,True)

I downloaded, extracted and placed the Next War Advanced folder in \mods\
Started up, Advanced, Load Mod.. all fine, create a custom game, hit Launch!

Then I get this:

I'm thinking maybe I put the "secondary" download for this in the wrong place, is it supposed to be in the Assets folder? (that's where I put it, as it's the only place I could see similar files)

Or maybe it's yet another "Civ IV Complete" issue.. ? :(

Sorry, but I still have absoulutely no idea what so ever to adjust this? Any idea of maybe making it optional? Like Rise of Mankind has? Because unless I take a class in Advanced Python and You, I'm never going to figure out how to fix it.

Is it just me, or do people forget that custom games exist for a reason? :)

I'm thinking maybe I put the "secondary" download for this in the wrong place, is it supposed to be in the Assets folder? (that's where I put it, as it's the only place I could see similar files)

Or maybe it's yet another "Civ IV Complete" issue.. ? :(

I believe Runtime errors have to do with just updating your graphics drivers. And yes that is the correct spot for the second files. Should be A-Z, Start and units.

Sorry, but I still have absoulutely no idea what so ever to adjust this? Any idea of maybe making it optional? Like Rise of Mankind has? Because unless I take a class in Advanced Python and You, I'm never going to figure out how to fix it.

Is it just me, or do people forget that custom games exist for a reason? :)

Sorry but i have no other ideas on python stuff??:blush: Best thing to do is ask in that mod comp area of the post i had above.:(

help, i downloaded the files and tried placing them were u told me, but it starts to load and gives me an error message (using vista) it most probably something stupid but i dont know what arrghh ....

oh and this is the error message

"GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme"

oh and this is the error message

"GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme"

When a person gets a GFC error means they put the mod in the wrong place. Best thing to do it just go into the files and completely delete the folder next to the Assets and PublicMaps one called Resources. Then go into the folder called Assets and then XML, look for the folder that says Art. Open that folder and there is a file called: CIV4ArtDefines_Misc, just take out the words before
Resource/Civ4.thm, it next to the bottom of the page, it should look like this when your done:
<MiscArtInfo>
<Type>DEFAULT_THEME_NAME</Type>
<Path>Resource/Civ4.thm</Path>
<fScale>0.0</fScale>
<NIF>None</NIF>
<KFM>None</KFM>
</MiscArtInfo>

save that and just play the game normally then.

Hmm, I had that problem, though it is in the right place and now after I put the fix you mentioned above it just crashes to desktop. Have Vista, ran as admin, 64-bit, 4 Gigs of RAM. 002 worked fine. Maybe I'll try a fresh download not sure the problem and there is no error.

After alot of testing, i am going to have to cut this down to around 70-75 civs, that way the MAFs will not come into play before the Future Era. I am almost cutting out all of the Civ Gold Civs. What does everyone think about this???

What has to be done should be I guess, does that mean I'll never see The Abyssinians or Haile Selassie again?

does the game cache the entire mod (ie all the unused civs etc) If so is there a way to unload these from the cache? Might improve performance.

I think I will try this. Hey Strategy, its been awhile my friend. How have you been? :)

Looooong time no hear!!! Glad to see you back.;)

What has to be done should be I guess, does that mean I'll never see The Abyssinians or Haile Selassie again?

You can always add any civ you want in modular format.

does the game cache the entire mod (ie all the unused civs etc) If so is there a way to unload these from the cache? Might improve performance.

Yes all of them, thats why i can cutting this down from 143 to 71 so far, it might be more, still testing how much Civ4 can handle, but it doesnt look good.:mischief:

Ok I've got a bug for you. My friend and I were playing a hotseat game. My first great general worked fine but the first one he popped could build the secret army base even though it was only the end of the renaissance and no one was even near the prerequisite tech. To make matters worse he could build it in his capital which had already reached it's national wonder limit, thus giving him over 200% military unit prod with Heroic epic and ruining any chance me or the AI had.

Edit: I just realized this is a version 2 game. Please ignore this post if it has been fixed.

Don't know what is happening, but the settler and the scout that I started with were just red domes. The game crashed liked 3 turns in as well.

Any ideas?

Top Bottom