Hinge of Fate - World War 2, 1941-1945

eric_A

Deity
Game Started!

I will be starting a test PBEM of this scenario within the next week or so.
This will short game which is 40 turns long and covers the period from Dec.,
7, 1941 until April, 1943. You can find more information on the scenario here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=118938&page=1&pp=20

If you want to get in on this PM me with your E-mail address.

Players so far (in order of play for PBEM):

1. China - TechGuy
2. Japan - Spartaca
3. Germany - Misfit travel
4. Russia - Portuga
5. Minor Allies - AluminumKnight
6. Commonwealth - Eric_A
7. Minor Axis - WVcivnut
8. USA - aksully

And I was thinking of taking the Commonwealth but if someone else really
wants it I will take another country.

Special Rules:
1. Limit of 4 air units per airbase
2. Limit of 4 divisions (or 1 corp + 1 division) on one tile islands.
3. Guerillas cannot be loaded on transports
4. Heavy bombers and long range bombers cannot base on carriers.
5. The neutral territory marked with the diamond shaped symbol is
out of bounds, you are not allowed to enter it. if a unit retreats into
neutral territory the owner must disband it.

Heh, you beat me by 1 turn in our last head to head (and got a lot of help from an unhappy Macedonian).......

Eric_A makes the call as to who plays. I'm just talking smack.

Cheers
Misfit

Don't worry Portuga..I'll keep the Liberty Ships sailing into Russian ports with lots of military support so you can keep after Misfit (Germany). Of course my merchant sailors will need women in return...lots of russian women! Oh and vodka of course!
Sully

I'll be in! I'd like to be Minor Allies if possible, just because in my other WWII game I'm China.

The Minor Allies, led by De Gaulle, includes the Free French, Brazil and
the Dutch East Indies.. You get the Battleship Richelieu and half of
the foreign legion; last chance to get in this game.

P.S. Oops, I forgot the Chinese were still available, but not anymore.

TechGuy said:
I'll join as China but I can't seem to find where I could download the scenario files...

TechGuy:
PM me your email address and I will mail you the link to the file. At
the moment it's on my private server because the scenario has not been
released yet.

Ve zink uz vill be in vor a big surprize......

Seriously though, I think we need a couple of more guidelines.

1) No joint move planning between sides that are not within an alliance.

(ie Japan and Germany can't secretly plan a devasting attack on Russia without first publicly announcing an alliance and a state of war existing. CIVIII is pretty unforgiving if you been seriously whacked by two coordinated strikes)

2) Some reasonable limit on how much cash is transferred between alliance partners diplomatically.

This is virtually impossible to limit with hard rules, but the Lend Lease program and Murmansk convoys were able to be restricted somewhat. Cash transfers in the diplomacy screen go through automatically (and guaranteed) every time.

I suggest that no more than 50% of power's cash reserve can be transfered in any one turn. That prevents the "flywheel" effect where cash is mass transfered between alliance partners every turn.

Cheers
Misfit

aksully said:
Don't worry Portuga..I'll keep the Liberty Ships sailing into Russian ports with lots of military support so you can keep after Misfit (Germany). Of course my merchant sailors will need women in return...lots of russian women! Oh and vodka of course!
Sully

Having been to Russia, I can personally vouch for the fact the young Russian woman are drop dead gourgeous. Somewhere around 40 however, they take them away and they come back as short, fat babushkas. (Don't believe me, go there and see!) BTW you can buy vodka on the street corner from a kiosk, by the shot...

Cheers
Misfit

Misfit_travel said:
Ve zink uz vill be in vor a big surprize......

Seriously though, I think we need a couple of more guidelines.

1) No joint move planning between sides that are not within an alliance.

(ie Japan and Germany can't secretly plan a devasting attack on Russia without first publicly announcing an alliance and a state of war existing. CIVIII is pretty unforgiving if you been seriously whacked by two coordinated strikes)

2) Some reasonable limit on how much cash is transferred between alliance partners diplomatically.

This is virtually impossible to limit with hard rules, but the Lend Lease program and Murmansk convoys were able to be restricted somewhat. Cash transfers in the diplomacy screen go through automatically (and guaranteed) every time.

I suggest that no more than 50% of power's cash reserve can be transfered in any one turn. That prevents the "flywheel" effect where cash is mass transfered between alliance partners every turn.

Cheers
Misfit

Those are good rules, but this is only a test game so I don't want to impose
too many rules.

Also, Russia is vast and Vladivostok is the only city the Japanese are
likely to get close to.

In this game the Allies don't have a lot of spare cash at start. The Axis
do have some cash I expect they will need it.

No problem. I'm working under the assumption that this test is for game balance and playability.

BTW, I will be unavailable this weekend. I have a personal trip out of town. When are we planning on starting?

Regards
Misfit

Top Bottom