Bug reports

just remove the assault_sea line from the medium hover - test it for a few turns just to make sure,

Ok, just make sure there is at least one other unit in that era that has unitai_assault_sea. ;)

Yes, the only changes i made for medium hover (1.2):

<SpecialCargo>SPECIALUNIT_PEOPLE</SpecialCargo>
<DomainCargo>DOMAIN_LAND</DomainCargo>
<iCargo>3</iCargo>

and even with UNITAI_ASSAULT_SEA I didn't got a crash when discovering desert industry.

UNITAI_ASSAULT_SEA is the unitai for transporters. If we attach that unitai to an unit we have to make sure that this unit is a transporter. In general we have to take much more care what unit ai's we attach to an unit. Wrong unitais not only have the potential to crash the game but also is often the biggest reason why ai doesn't build an unit. To make it worse names for unit ai aren't very intuitive, for example UNITAI_PIRATE_SEA isn't intended for pirates but for units that chase pirates.

Isn't it funny how many bugs in software can come down to a single number... :lol:

Keldath has pointed out a bug in 1.2.3 which results in some "stone rock" appearing as the result of a spice blow. This happens on about 20% of the blows. This is due to accidentally reversing two arguments in a call in assets/python/DuneWars.py:

Code:
	# Loop all spiceblow units and burn down the fuse by one.  At time
	# zero, add spice bonuses.
	def SpiceBlow(self):
		[...]
				# Remove the feature and add spice bonuses
==>				pPlot.setFeatureType(0, -1)
				cx = pPlot.getX() ; cy = pPlot.getY()
				for ix in range(cx-1, cx+2):

Please change the (0, -1) to (-1, 0) at the line indicated.

Is there anything important when setting up the game, e.g. choosing the right mapscript or its subsettings? 9 out of 10 times I try to start up a Dune Wars game, I get a CtD when the map initialization is completed and the window with the used mod components comes up

Bad news. I have the same problem. I played a game in vanilla civ. Now when I try switching back to dune wars I can't start a new game. CTD after map generation is finished. It's the 2nd time that happens to me. Last time I thought it was my fault because I made some xml changes. I fixed it by reinstalling Civ4. Now it happen again, even with 1.2 unaltered. :(

Switching on grid terrain overlays still crashes the game. This has not been fixed I don't think...

If I accidentally switch on grid overlays, I get a CTD. I then have to load vanilla or another mod, switch grid off, and then load Dune wars. Could this be the issue?

Bad news. I have the same problem. I played a game in vanilla civ. Now when I try switching back to dune wars I can't start a new game. CTD after map generation is finished. It's the 2nd time that happens to me. Last time I thought it was my fault because I made some xml changes. I fixed it by reinstalling Civ4. Now it happen again, even with 1.2 unaltered. :(

Is there any chance that you had grids displayed (alt-T)? This may be the solution to Pffefersack's problem also. I know we thought this was fixed, but it still happens for me locally. Maybe it is not just me.

Yes, I've never seen it fixed. It has always been broken for me. It is bad because you are effectively locked out of Dune Wars. Let's fix it.

You are right, I had grid activated. I disabled it and it is working now again. :)

Koma, is there a way to tell which terrains are causing the problem? Probably, in one of the various builds/patches, the grid variant for one of the textures got lost. In my unpak of the 1.2 fpk file, I see there are two directories art/terrain/texture and art/terrain/textures. The problem is most likely there.

This is surely the reason. I remember when I uploaded my second terrain patch, grid was working. But I never tried it again.

hey guys,
as far as i remmber grid isnt woring, koma did upload something, but i think it was prior to some
new art terrain,

two options,
either we fi the dds with the grid (probably some file are misising - thats why the ctd), or we remove the option for grid :)

Top Bottom