Serious bug with 1.9.6

KHM

Chieftain
I've encountered a religion-related bug twice so far: When starting a 1.9.6 game (Immortal, marathon, huge map, aggressive KI, no tech trading), around the time I researched my 3rd or 4th tech, someone founded THINKING MACHINES (1st game) or QUIZARATE (2nd game, built temple of Alia as well). :eek:

Did anyone observe this as well? I might add screenies an a save if needed (just not now).

I've reinstalled to 1.9.4 for now... :(

I agree this does not sound right. Are you sure this does not happen in 1.9.4? Has anybody else seen this behavior in 1.9.6?

It sounds like the Pick Religion option is on. Even though DW doesn't use this option (and hides it) it still exists and you can inherit the setting from whatever you ran before DW (whether regular BtS or some other mod) since the game option values that you use when you start a game are stored in the CivilizationiV.ini file. You can clear these settings by starting a game via Play Now instead of Custom Game since Play Now resets all the options to the default values specified in the mod's CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml file. After you start a game that way, you can exit and start one via Custom Game if you want non-default options.

Thanks! I wish there was a way that a mod could individually accept or ignore game settings such as this one. It has caused problems multiple times, and most players (most modders!) cannot diagnose this problem easily. It may be that DW could turn off such options, at least ones which often cause this problem; but that leads to the opposite problem, that when the player returns to their previous mod, now this setting is unexpectedly turned off.

Sounds reasonable. I can't remember to have played Civ4 except of DW, but I accidentally "removed the mod" via the entry in the main menu of Civ4 after playing a week ago. Maybe this was the reason. Have to check this out.

Oh, and btw: Modders have to take care of REALLY weird problems, haven't they?

lol, I actually knew what the 'bug' was before finishing reading the first line of the post just now, but I'm glad David and God Emporer were able to figure it out for you. I am thinking about swinging back around to working on a few items (no guarantees) and one of them would be to utterly disable the code linked to the 'choose religions' option. That would nip this issue in the bud once and for all.

Of course first I'd have to get everything set up again for compiling DLL's on my new computer... pain in the a.... :lol:

Top Bottom