[MoM] Servants of Justice

did I not tell you to leave that city alone? ;)

anyway nice move you pulled off with the pool of tears :D

I'll see if I can play later or tomorrow :)

These were harsh times for the Bannor people, as our workers had got ambushed and devoured by feral lions. New workers had to be trained so that our cities may grow.

Our local legend finds some high quality armor exploring a lair :goodjob:

We finish researching bronze working and start towards way of the wise, the benevolence civic will give us more health for more cottages ;)

We also start training clerics in our capitol, and soon some acolytes to spread the order.

Another lair is explored, our cleric gets a fancy sword :D

We focus our virtues on benevolence and gain the support of the overcouncil.

We also meet Ethne, hopefully she'll be a good ally in our fight against the taint.

We take rightful revenge on the lion pride that had eaten our poor workers, and we manage to capture the bugger. nice :D

In the year 132 of the Age of Rebirth, the Blight hit us. Our efforts had not been enough, hell was coming to Erebus. We thought we had escaped it and it has come for us. We're going to purge these lands of Arages' heresy at any cost.

We use some of our stone stockpile to rush a chapel in Lucagor, we're going to need to get our economy back into shape as soon as possible if we want to survive the blight.

Time to pass on to our next player... get us back in the greens please :D

Attachments

• Team MoM AD-0136.CivBeyondSwordSave
    288.4 KB · Views: 50
Elohim have order.... i bet 10 :gold: that they steal the holy city from us.

Load up the save and have a quick peak.

Can't do anything about the blight unhealthiness in the capital it'll shrink down a few pop :cry:

Anyway we take another barb city.

And meet the orcs

The AC counter is going nuts and sure enough

Oh dear!!!

Any thoughts of how to survive here????

Attachments

• Team MoM AD-0140.CivBeyondSwordSave
    295.8 KB · Views: 58
I suggest you restart from my save and NOT capture that city, or our economy is going to crash and burn ( can't go higher than 30% gold ) :D

then if stephanos appears around us, use our cash to promote our nearby garrisoned warriors to axemen. with a bit of luck we might have him attack our main stack in a well defended spot and retaliate when he's weakened... it won't be easy though, that's an early horsemen. we should probably shuffle our production to military, we're going to need more of that asap.

we're supposed to play approx 20 turns each set, but if you have doubts about something and want to ask it's a good idea to stop and post as you did :)

If ypu guys do not want to reload, just give Stephanos that city :)

if you can play now, I think you should play starting from my posted save and Ozbenno can go right after you... he said he's pretty new to MoM and it seems like this turnset will be a harsh one :lol:

hopefully the next will be better :D

The year is 136 Age of Rebirth. Year of Plague and Sorrow.

We live in a corrupted world, where little taints grow into miasma of evil in no time. We witness the corruption of good men and women into terrible beasts called Orc. We try to survive, and even then, our efforts were hindered by plague. Sorrowful lamentations were heard from our cities, where the great plague struck. No one were left untouched by the plague, not even our greatest nobles, warriors and clerics.

We have to stop our conquest of light during this year, because our internal stability was shaken by the plague (and the financial crisis that followed). Our Crusaders were stationed in the hills between Lucagor and Orcish city of Myrean. At the very least, we were able to conquer the mercenary fort, and collect the stone for our future needs.

Spoiler :

And yet, our Crusaders were not allowed to rest. A wave of corruption hit the forest, and twisted the trees into a raging Treant. Fortunately, our angelic ally managed to slay the Treant, and purify the tree so no further corruption will occur.

Spoiler :

Our southern exploration retreat when in contact with a "civilized" Orcs and Goblins. Led by a Orcwoman named Sheelba, these Orcs claim difference with their wild brethren. We will see that. Should they refuse the Word of Junil, then we will teach them just like we taught their wilder cousins.

Spoiler :

Meanwhile, our alliance with the humble Elohim grew stronger. We agree on several monetary policies. Hopefully, this will help our financial crisis because of the plague.

Spoiler :

The generous Lady Ethne also agreed on trading her map with ours.

Spoiler :

Finally, after long research time, our sages managed to compile the lost knowledge of Writing.

Spoiler :

Since the plague left us with health problem, we focus our research into health issues. In a decade or two, we will be able to build many buildings that enhance our health.

Spoiler :

During these decades, our Workers managed to secure our deposits of Gold and Sheep. They also managed to connect our four cities into a trade network. With the unhealthiness receded and trade income increased, our domestic stability was improving slowly year by year.

Spoiler :

After the technology of Food Preservation is ours, our research effort will take a more militaristic turn : we shall research Archery so we can upgrade our garrison troops into Archers.

Spoiler :

The year is 156, and we will call this as the Year of Rising Light. We, the Bannor, have face the trial of hells and of Erebus. We withstood the hell, and we will withstand Erebus!

After struggling for two decades, our realm now become prosperous. It is time for me to hand over the mantle of leadership to the younger generation. For these fine men and women, please heed my advice :

Spoiler :

Let us make Torrolerial as a Noble District. This is orthodox practice that has been done by the Bannor over generations. With Noble District in our capital, we can pump its population, and turn it into a centre of production for military units.

Furthermore, whenever a Great Merchant born in our realm, maybe we should let several of them to settle at Torrolerial and open a fishing business. We have plenty of coast tiles in Torrolerial, and each of them can harbor a bountyfull resources with proper fishing business.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Next, let us build Merchant District in Lucagor anad Mytisur. These two cities have plenty of resources. A Merchant District in these cities will double our resources. We will reap more benefits! Our Mints will provide more :gold: from Golds and Silvers, while our Weavers will provide more :gold: from the Sheeps.

For Lucagor, if you don't mind, Young Lords and Ladies, build a Herbalist. Since the city has access to Reagent, a Herbalist will give more healthiness in this city, and it will complement well with all those foodplains.

For Mytisur, I'd say we go to Warehouse District. We should build more mines in this area, make it as our primary supply for metals. A Warehouse District will provide more metals required by our holy crusade.

Spoiler :

To the north, to the young city of Amul. I think this city is best for a Sage District, followed by Schola Arcana. While we, Bannor, harbor deep distrust to mages, we can still tolerate those who worship Junil. This city with its access to Reagents will be our perfect spot for educating young adepts in ways of Junil.

Spoiler :

Last, I think we should build a city in this wild land. Otherwise, our capital will be too separated with our other cities. We can use this spot as a future Sage District city, which specialized into Salon and other buildings producing science. Of course, we need to research terraforming spells first to be able to remove peaks surrounding this area.

Ahh... these old bones feel their ache, Young Lords and Ladies. I rest our beloved realm into your capable hands. My apologies for my wrong doings in serving our glorious empire.

Attachments

• Team MoM AD-0157.CivBeyondSwordSave
    298.1 KB · Views: 63
very well done :D

building a city where you suggest would be bad though, that site has no food to grow. you could use great merchants to get fishes there though :lol:

We can build it in the tile where the cleric is, and the city will get access to six tiles of water, three of them with kelp. After having a Great Merchant, we can pop a grain resource or ocean resource.

Oh, and we need a war with the Clans soon. War with evil civs will give us +100% faith income. We sorely need more faith income to prevent Order Holy City spawning in Elohim land.

since our economy is decent now we could capture the two barb cities to the west, but beware:

1) the barb city in the east, there's a mana guardian that casts wither in a long radius O.O

2) maintenance costs, the gold slider can't go higher than 30% and maintenance costs are higher than FFH.

Myrean is great since it has Dragon Bones. But beware with Armageddon. Once it hit 40, a Rider will appear (as in our last case). We can't afford to face him with such a low number of units.

My suggestion :

1) Upgrade or train archers (and dismiss the warriors) and station them. 4 in each cities.

2) Fortify at least one cleric and one axeman in border cities. Cleric can cast Bless right? Bless will help against demon.

3) Beeline to Priesthood, since we can adopt God King and mass-produce priests.

Top Bottom