MOD: The Balancer

Originally posted by Elucidus
Sheena,

It isn't a link. It is a file I uploaded to CivFanatics. Try going to Apolyton here and trying to download it from there. If you can't get it by the time I get home from work, I can email it to you. Sorry about the problems.

Attachment: strike fighter.zip <---- previous post from elucidus

as you see, it seems to be a link for a zip............. but i can only get a 1kb-file

the same at apolyton :(

please mail it to he-sche@winged-dreams.de
seeing ...@...,de menas not that i have the german version. the first weeks there was only the US-version availabl in germany and............... i GOT it :D

Well this-

Attachment: strike fighter.zip

The bolded part above means I uploaded it to their server. At apolyton too. I guess I know better now. I will upload an update and a new full version of the mod tonight to our website. They will fix all of the mentioned problems.

You will be able to download it from there. I will post here and at apolyton when they are ready. Sorry about the mix-up and problems.

Well 2.12A is out and about. Get the upgrade here.

The full version can be found here.

I hope I didn't miss any of the fixes. It has been hard to keep track with all of the new changes made for the unreleased version. If anyone wants to help test that, just send me an email.

Well let, me know if you are having any problems with anything, and I hope you enjoy.

~The Balancer Team

I thought I would mention some things about this great mod that some may not realize to really help you enjoy the new style of game play provided by the Balancer mod. Elucidus has added numerous new military units, new wonders with splash screens, new resources including new graphics on some old resources. The game play has changed slightly making the game much more fun then it was. In our opinion. We are still looking for feedback to make changes for everyone enjoyment. Keep Elucidus informed on what you think about the mod and/or changes you would like to see. Below is a little explaination about certain aspects of the mod. If you havn't tried the balancer check it out. It is unique amoung all the mods out there. IMHO

Elucidus wanted to either stop or slow down AI sprawl in the game. Making player have a reason to switch goverments. The rate cap for despotism is 6 in order to do better research you must switch goverments. You no longer loose large amounts of cash doing so. Religious nations will have no problem switching, transition is immediate. However other nations will have to wait 1-6 turns for transition to new goverment.
The first thing you do when starting out and/or building new cities is build a worker. Control him to be sure he irrigates a good tile if possible right away. Due to a bug that still exsists with the governor in some cities not all, he will do production instead of food. This could cause a RED color to appear in the city size number slot. (Shortage) If your city is size 7-14 this could happen be careful about this. Workers need to irrigate about 60-70% of the tiles in the city square. Again this is not the mod causing these problems it is a bug with the governor. If you do start having trouble try telling governor to do only food, if that doesn't work turn the governor off for monitoring production. You will have to manually place workers from production tiles to food tiles through the city screen. Next patch should fix this we hope anyways.

Okay I just wanted to cover a few things that may have not been mentioned to everyone before. Enjoy! :goodjob: :D :p

I am sorry that 2.15 was not released last week. I have been experiencing computer problems for the last week and after the fourth or fifth system rebuild it looks like (knock on silicon) that it may well be fixed. It was a hardware issue, but damn.

Anyway, I haven't been able to finish the civiliopedia file. So now the question comes, would you guys rather have 2.15 now with a civilopedia file to come later? Or wait on the whole thing for me to finish the civilopedia. NOTE: Either way I need to work on the Readme.txt.

Let me know what you guys want.

Sincerely,
Balancer Team

Just to let everyone know we have not forgotten the mod. I realize it has been quite a long time since an update has been released. There are two of us that I consider the main workforce on this mod, Desert Dog and myself. Don't get me wrong, there are many individuals whose contributions helped tremendously, and are much appreciated. We have both had some personal things come up and they have taken priority over the mod. Well I can say I have dealt with my issues and come to terms with things. I am ready to get going on the mod full force again. Desert Dog told me his issues are expected to clear up sometime soon if all goes well.

Also, to let everyone know, our web-master has had problems himself and is now left with no interent access for the time being, so updates on the web-page may be a little slow at first. Please bare with us as we get everything back in order.

Take care and enjoy.

The Balancer Team

Well it is moving along nicely now that I have those personal things straightened out, sorry about that again.

I have added close to 10 or 12 new unit animations, thanks to the numerous talented individuals working on those animations. I have added quite a few Wonder Splashes mainly from Allondro and Harlan's images (although quite a few we already had).

I changed a couple of resources, because I liked a few of them better as well.

Now of course if you know the contents of the beta this will make sense otherwise, all I can say is that there are less units with duplicate animations. :)

I updated the civilopedia some, although I haven't added most of the new unit entries yet.

I have done a lot this afternoon. There are still 21 things I would like to correct before I release this bad-boy. It shouldn't take me that long, I will keep everyone updated whenever I can.

One thing I did this afternoon, was build everything in the game and use every government, just to verify every item is working correctly. I even built every wonder, so as to see the splashes, found a couple of errors on them too, so it was a good thing.

I have a screen shot of each unit on the map. It shows every units graphic; any unit that is in a stack means that there are that many units in the game that use the same graphic as it. No aircraft show up in the screen shot and, for some reason, neither do the Privateer and it's upgrade.

Having been working on the readme for a while I have come to the conclusion it will take me much longer than I wanted to do it right. So for everyone I offer this pre-release of 2.15. I call it a prerelease because it is only missing certain text entries in the civilopedia and the readme.txt. All other content is fine. Go here for more info.

Well guys, I know I just got the mod going again at a good pace, but I will have to back off somewhat, as I just got my confirmation from Firaxis about my Beta Tester status. I will be working with them on things, things I can not readily talk about. I will still work on the mod, but it won't be as relentlessly, as I have to dedicate some time to Firaxis. Wish me luck

Whew boy. I haven't updated this anytime recently. Sorry about that. I update our web page though. Well Desert Fox and I are working on a version for PTW or as close as we can get it to PTW. If you have any ideas, post 'em here or visit our forums at http://balancer.topcities.com/forums/

This is a message from the "busy" Elucidus. We need suggestions requests for The Balancer. It will be included with the PTW XP we need everyone's help to make it the best it can be. Any contributions will be included with the release and who made the contribution. We are going to completely change the military stats of all units. We have a few surprises to but we really need each and everyone of you to give us feedback. We are looking for testers too, time is of the essence. Thanks in advance to all of you. :egypt: :)

Elucidus asked me to post a message for him. He is on leave for about 3 weeks. He does plan to work on the mod but no one will have contact with him. In the mean time I am testing as much as I can while he is gone. I wish I knew how to implement everything, sadly I am just the tester.
I would mention that the entire mod will be streamlined. Especially the change in military. The goal is a complete balanced military with not much of a possibly of older units destroying advanced units. He plans on releasing possibly 4 versions (maybe), 2 for the expansion pack & 2 normal enhanced balancer mods.
One will feature a better " tougher challenge" mod is the best word I can think of right now. This mod will be for the Experts only. The other will be the refined Balancer mod 3.0. The mod will feature many unique things, plus an assortment of the best of the best graphics etc. from different authors.
As always if you have any suggestions or requests, ideas? Just post here, Apolyton or on The Balancer forums. (Not as nice as the 2 main sites of course) Elucidus says thank you to everyone who has been involved in the past, present and future.

Happy gaming, enjoy.

I thought I would make an announcement concerning the new version of The Balancer. Elucidus is currently working on The Balancer for the Play The World expansion package. He is trying to meet the deadline set by Firaxis for their Beta testers. This is why no update is out yet for The Balancer. Once he is finished with the 3.0 version for the XP he will quickly get out The Balancer 3.0 for the latest patch 1.29f.
Everyone who enjoyed the previous versions of The Balancer will be in for quite a surprise. It has been totally revamped with some old revisions still in place, with many new things, some not done by anyone else. I really think Elucidus has really been working hard way into the late nights to provide you with the update. We should have a working 1.29f version for your gaming pleasure first part of next week. XP version will be done tonight or first thing on Sunday.
Please be sure to contact Elucidus if you are interested in being a tester or contributing your talents to help with the mod. Either e-mail him or go to the Web site and post a message in the forums there. He says thanks to everyone who has contacted him so far.

http://balancer.topcities.com/forums/index.php

"Admitted Civ Addict"

I have been posting some news about the new Balancer over at the web site, but in case you haven't checked it out, here it is.

BALANCER 3.0/3.0XP 19-Aug-02

Well Dave and I have been hard at work on the Balancer 3.0XP. We hope to release the standard version of 3.0 in about a week or so, but had a deadline to meet with Firaxis for the mod. There are a lot of new things, some things we tried last version are gone and some old things are back. We will try to get the 3.0 version out to you guys as soon as we can. Please bare with us.

BALANCER 3.0 21-Aug-02

3.0 is nearing completion. I hope to have it ready for the testers by Friday night at the latest. Anyone who wants to be a tester, email me here . I have to work this weekend, so I won't be able to work on it much then. I am very excited about this version. I am also looking into hosting a few of my favorite graphics mods at the web site, it all depends on the creators though. If you have any recommended graphics mods you would like us to look at, again send us an email.

Well 3.0 is finished, just not fully tested. Anyone interested in testing it let me know. I hope to release it after a few days of intense testing, but if you would like to try it as is, send me an email and I will send you the details on how to get it.

Top Bottom