Achievement Saves (for the lazy and/or the frustrated people out there)

The Connoisseur Achievement is not working. Is anyone else facing the same issue? This achievement basically states that you have to rate a mod.

This is the only achievement that I have left to achieve. Anyone has any ideas on how to get it?

:p

The Connoisseur Achievement is not working. Is anyone else facing the same issue? This achievement basically states that you have to rate a mod.

This is the only achievement that I have left to achieve. Anyone has any ideas on how to get it?

:p

Bugged

Post-Patch Yoink! is literally impossible... I even tried gifting 15 units to a city state but only 7 of them showed up after 3 turns...

Idk what to do here.

And I'm not about to sit at my computer for 3 hours sinking 200 more ships as Elizabeth...

Only 2 achievements I have left.

Yes, Rate a Mod is bugged. I´ve reserched this some weeks ago, since I have the same problem. I don´t know any workaround.

I've provided an updated "Yoink!" save in the 2nd posting of the thread (G&K section), that should work for the new achievement conditions. Lemme know if it doesn't.

FeiLing_GK_Yoink-Austria.Civ5Save
Go to the top left corner of the map and assimilate (annex or puppet) the city-state of Kathmandu through Diplomatic Marriage.
Yoink! (As Austria, acquire a City-State with 15 or more units through Diplomatic Marriage.)

I've provided an updated "Yoink!" save in the 2nd posting of the thread (G&K section), that should work for the new achievement conditions. Lemme know if it doesn't.

FeiLing_GK_Yoink-Austria.Civ5Save
Go to the top left corner of the map and assimilate (annex or puppet) the city-state of Kathmandu through Diplomatic Marriage.
Yoink! (As Austria, acquire a City-State with 15 or more units through Diplomatic Marriage.)

Hello FeiLing,

This worked great, thanks! I´ll add a copy of the provided link to post #156.

Do you have any additional saved games for the ones missing listed in post #157?

Best regards,

Post-Patch Yoink! is literally impossible... I even tried gifting 15 units to a city state but only 7 of them showed up after 3 turns...

Idk what to do here.

And I'm not about to sit at my computer for 3 hours sinking 200 more ships as Elizabeth...

Only 2 achievements I have left.

The trick to unlocking this achievement is to carpet every single tile of the allied city state with your military units. Hopefully they have enough land and enough units on their own (3 is typical) to total 15. Then gift your units with the unit's gift command, not the city state's gift a unit option. In a single turn. The city state will then have 15 units. You must use a diplomatic marriage that turn, or else the city state will disband some of the units.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=122554480

I just tried "Option_GK_Petra.Civ5Save", "Option_Llainfair.Civ5Save"

I have "Civ5 game of the Year" and "Civ 5 G&K" and the save game wonät load requiring additional DLC's.

My game lists the following DLC's see screenshot

Attachments

• DLC.jpg
    DLC.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 200
I guess you might want to open a new thread for that question.

Is it such a difficult question to answer that it requires it's own thread?

Reason I ask it here is because I thought the point of unlocking achievements was so you could see all the things you've accomplished so far throughout your play-throughs, either for a sense of "achievement" or so that if you ever get bored with the game, you could get reinvigorated by chasing a certain achievement.
But, when i saw this thread, I figured maybe there's some other benefit that makes people want to take a short-cut to gaining the achievements.

Reasonable question. There is no real reward or benefit in getting all the achievements, which does tend to trivialize the nature of the thread. It's just here for people who can't normally achieve the goals required to get it. Sooner or later I'll be using these for the scenarios.

I like to get them myself, but a quick answer:

Those that only play MP.
Those that like shiny stuff, but don't want to grind on their nerves.

I don't play wide, so the Celtic achievement was a chore. A long one. A really long one. But a tad shorter than just mindlessly hitting next turn with Pacal so that I get to 2012. Or doing a huge map with quite long times between the turns.

I honestly can't blame anyone for taking the shortcut. Some are just sadistic. And we're human. We like shiny things!!!

Yes, the ones that uses mods.

Also, it's fun to create savegames with this intent.

Otherwise, people only use them if they want to.

If anyone is interested, I've attached a save for the achievement Kamikaze Attack (As Japan, attack and kill an enemy unit using a unit with 1HP left) :cool: I couldn't find it in this thread.

What you need to do is attack the Manila pikeman with the samurai to the left of him. I have all DLC and WoTAW, as well.

Attachments

• AndraBullar_Kamikaze-Attack.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 327
Top Bottom