Achievement Saves (for the lazy and/or the frustrated people out there)

The last missing achievement:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2844899265/Dretar-Pax_Romana_Aeternum.Civ5Save
Pax Romana Aeternum

Enjoy!:king:

And really you should do that scenario because it is very very very nice :)

That savegame is absolutely amazing. Good job!
No idea how you can be so dominating with all the penalties you get and all the bonuses the enemies get (after some policies all their units are basically twice as strong as yours - while of course also outnumbering your troops by at least 6 times.

Thanks a lot for the save. I feel quite relieved now :D

Here is an interesting little way to assist in getting the "Great Generals" for the achievement: Panzer "Shafernator" General;
Once you have completed the 'Autocracy' Social Policy you can purchase Great Generals with Faith - and this counts towards this achievement!

im guessing load up a bunch of china games starting in the industrial era and play till you get 5-10 easy generals then rinse repeat. the grind-it-out achievements are nice to not pay attention to and accidentally get but im not a warmonger and GGs dont come to me in every game.

I don't know if someone mentioned that founding a religion doesn't require downloaded save. Simply play Theodora in the ITR scenario. A religion is founded on loading, unlocking the achievement.

If you want easy win on X map or win with X team or win on X difficulty

just set max timer to 1 round, get 1 ally and you spawn with more points, hit end turn, profit :)

Nice thanks alot for that save :) now I only have to grind the 100 generals etc achievement and I got them all :)

The link for the Almohads winning Into The Renaissance is broken (Wuddel_ITR_AlmohadsWin.Civ5Save) - can anyone more capable than I provide a winning save?

Edit: Never mind - the link to the dropbox file at the start of the thread is broken, but there's a directly downloadable zip later in the thread.

OK, with regards to the OP, it is stated that "If you have any mod installed you can not get achievements and you won't make progress towards them either"

What if I download and install a mod, then disable it? Will the achievements still work while the mod is being disabled?

Thanks!

OK, I can't seem to find the file which provides the Applan Way achievement. This achievement basically says to build 1,000 roads. The file, FeiLing_Achievement_Hunting.Civ5Save" doesn't seem to state how many roads are being built by the end of the turn.

Thanks!

:confused:

91 mines will be constructed.
37 forests will be chopped down.
I didn't make a save for the appian way specifically. Quite a few of these workers however should be able to build a road I guess... not sure though. The 1000 roads though are far less tedious than the other 1k achievements anyway. You're probably halfway done from normally playing until today already.

I don't quite remember... in case all the mining and chopping workers already made a road before on their tile, I'd suggest you let them remove the road and, save before you let them rebuild it and then use that new save for repetition.

OK, I have a question to ask with regards to the log file. Currently, I have built about 600 roads, traded 76 items and built most units. But I am thinking of buying a new computer and continue to play Civilization 5 there.

Will my current progress be carried forward to the new PC? Or is the log file applicable to only one computer? I understand that the achievements themselves will be carried forward to the new PC as they are linked to my Steam account. But what about the log file which shows details about the progress of your achievements?

Thanks!

:confused:

If you want easy win on X map or win with X team or win on X difficulty

just set max timer to 1 round, get 1 ally and you spawn with more points, hit end turn, profit :)

That is what I did to get my first Emperor, Immortal and Diety win! I know it was pretty lame but I usually play Civilization 5 on the Settler difficulty.

I know it does not help me to be a better player, though!

:D

First my deepest thanks for doing this. i admit im a shameless achievement hunter, but things like playing on a huge map with attila would probably make me die from old age if i do it manually. and egypt never builds a burial tomb...

question about the barbary pirate: i've red in the achivement topic that you have to turn off G&K. is this correct? cause im finally understanding it :p And it would be a lot of hassle for just the one achievement

OK, after downloading and playing most of your saves, these are the achievements I have left to achieve.

They are:

Experimenter - Play a game with a Mod

Expansionist - Download a Mod

Connoisseur - Rate a Mod

Macho Picchu - Win the New World Scenario as the Incas

League of Extraordinary Hoyanehs - Win the New World Scenario as the Iroquois

The Last Crusade - Capture the city that built Petra using a Landship

Capture of Brielle - Capture a Spanish Coastal City with a Dutch Sea Beggar

Is there a way to add these achievements?

Thanks!

OK, after downloading and playing most of your saves, these are the achievements I have left to achieve.

They are:

Experimenter - Play a game with a Mod

Expansionist - Download a Mod

Connoisseur - Rate a Mod

Macho Picchu - Win the New World Scenario as the Incas

League of Extraordinary Hoyanehs - Win the New World Scenario as the Iroquois

The Last Crusade - Capture the city that built Petra using a Landship

Capture of Brielle - Capture a Spanish Coastal City with a Dutch Sea Beggar

Is there a way to add these achievements?

Thanks!

The 3 mod ones are broken. Unless Firaxis patches it someday, they are unattainable currently.

The new world scenario saves are there, but they also got bugged with G&K... so either you wait for a fix or play it for yourself (the bug is you don't win when you reach 1000 VP now, but after 100 turns).

The 2 G&K achievements you missed are here in the thread and should be working... you might have really just missed them :p

question about the barbary pirate: i've red in the achivement topic that you have to turn off G&K. is this correct? cause im finally understanding it :p And it would be a lot of hassle for just the one achievement

Yes, turning off G&K would be needed for this. However it's not much of a hassle. You just hit the DLC button right when the game started and finished loading, then uncheck G&Ks and do the achievement. You don't even have to turn it on again, as it will be automatically next time you start the game.

Yes, turning off G&K would be needed for this. However it's not much of a hassle. You just hit the DLC button right when the game started and finished loading, then uncheck G&Ks and do the achievement. You don't even have to turn it on again, as it will be automatically next time you start the game.

I've managed to get it by playing the save where you win as suleiman and chop down forests and build mines. apparently i already had got some ships from previous playthroughs, so just one and i got the achievement :p

the three about the mods i got over a year ago

About that "we are family", for doing it in hotseat. i've placed the file in the correct folder, but the loading button is still black. what did i do wrong? (never played hotseat or MP)

Top Bottom