Shoshone Deity Huge Empire Challenge Series!

Guys, what do you think of this idea:

Weekdays at 7 AM EST: 4-Strategy Showdown (4SS)
Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday at 12 PM EST: Shoshone Empires

This would make the series where I play more players move along a bit quicker and let me play it a bit more. ;)

Also, considering giving the channel an official name since it seems like I'm going to continue recording for you guys. There's been enough interest in these first couple series I'll continue as long as a few people are watching. Any thoughts on names? I want something that is clear it's a channel name. Right now if I comment somewhere on youtube it's not obvious. But I also like my current handle so maybe it's not a big deal.

Part 29 of Shoshone Empires! We denounce the Ottomans to join the global we hate you club. Shortly after most of the world declares war on Suleiman! We might get some big geographic border changes soon!

I tried skipping the long between-turn times which are getting quite bad in the late-game. I think it made me be able to cover a lot more in the time, let me know what you think!

Part 29: Ottoman Coalition

Part 30 of the Shoshone Empires series is out! Back after a week! :)

I'm continuing the style of cutting out the between-turn times as I get about twice as much done that way, but it is extra editing so these may come a little slower. Also my computer is not liking this big map and recording, I had a crash recording this one. Hope you like! :)

Venice is going down, it's fortress hit by constant artillery fire and meanwhile our science soars well above 1000 even before research labs! The game is going great, or is it?

Part 30: Surprise Revolution!

Nice teaser - stayed up to watch this one last night :)

I will be very interested to see how you manage the current situation and likely future ideology problems. I'm bound to learn something!

Venice, surely it's got to wait. Maybe you should wait until the game is won and then take it, just for role play. Like in my last game, I arranged to convert Madrid to my religion on the last turn before victory after putting up with seemingly endless Spanish prophets converting my cities. Made no difference of course, but felt sooo good :D

sorry for the wait! I had computer trouble this week and had to get it looked at but I'm back to recording finally! Glad you liked the teaser psparky! :D

Next part of Shoshone Empires is out. I take a bit of time to recap and go over current state of affairs since it's been a while since we played and I come up with the new plan to stay safe and score our victory! You'll have to watch to find out what it is. :D A lot less turns since i needed some time to think and talk over current affairs, but they'll be more episodes soon. :)

Part 31: Looting

This series is so fun for me. :) These huge maps are so crazy and even with all my hours of experience I've been surprised several times! The tourism output and tech rate on these AI is pretty impressive eh? America is giving us a run for our money! But I have confidence we'll surpass him yet, we're close to the big science push and we won't remain second on tech for long. ;)

given the American AI is going for a culture victory I'm curious to see how fast he would have been if he hadn't passed arts funding and had been going for a science victory. I think Korea was given their abysmal tourism but they got flattened by the Ottomans so we'll never know how good they might have been...

I watch all episode of Shoshone. Really great series. I like your series, because you don't skip anything and you explain every your move. I really like when you explain why you do something. Not important if that was good or bad move or me or someone else think you should do something different. It's very good to hear why you do that.

Only what missing for me is notification between turns, but is better now when you skip.

You doing very good job. I hope will be more your series. I still didn't watch all episodes of 4-way strategies, but i will. For now what i watch looks really great and a lot fun.

Can you put in video description on youtube link to this thread? I usually open video via youtube and when i what to go in this thread to read comments i must search for this thread. Will be much easier with link

thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying! I like to make things more interesting and play a bit less optimally then some, but it usually works out in the end! ;)

I am planning the next shoshone empires episode to be out thursday morning. Sorry for the long gaps these past couple weeks, I just have a lot going on right now, but I'll be wrapping up most of it pretty soon and hopefully can get back to being more regular.

Since most people seem more interested in seeing shoshone empires finished I may put 4-strategy on hold for a bit, but speak up if anyone disagrees with this idea. :)

Just watched episodes 32 & 33.

The big boost in gold in 32 was a result of Sovereignty SP - you have a lot of science buildings!:) Pretty sure stock ex doesn't boost trade routes.

Looking forward to seeing it all come together and watching you manage the bulbing, the building of rocket parts and rushing the last part. I've watched quite a few play throughs but have never seen it done. In my own science games, I often take freedom which gives the extra flexibility of buying parts, or take tradition and can faith buy a couple of GE, so seeing how you do it should prove very interesting.

yeah, I noticed what was the cause in hindsight, glad my knowledge wasn't incorrect about the trade routes. Order spaceship requires precise timing for optimal time but if you do it right it will not have any wait more than freedom because you have enough cities to work through most of the parts manually and can engineer the last one instantly, however, depending on policy acquisition it'll be close. Really wanted Kremlin to be sure.

Anyway, Part 34! a Bit of a wait, but I'm committed to finishing this game over the next couple weeks now and my schedule is finally freeing up to do so. :) It's close! These episodes are very time consuming though as the huge map is really stressing my computer for some reason. I may need a better one if I want to keep recording huge worlds. I have played them in the past but it's never been this bad, I think running my recording software at the same time is the issue.

Today we put our empire in peak scientific production as we halt growth, and even cause a food shortage, all in the name of science and beating the Americans! :D (I feel like we are becoming more and more like Russia these days, at least we were the first to Space :p )

Part 34: Starving for Progress

It'd be a bit of work, but do you guys think I should voice-over the two episodes (5&8) that had corrupted audio? I still have the video part and it would make the series more complete for future viewers.
I actually think your corrupt audio is fine--a simple apology to your viewers works for me. I think that's better than removing them from the series. If you can't live with the flaw though, then you should overdub them; nothing more annoying than a series with missing episodes!!

I took them down a while back when I started getting new viewers. I just felt they were VERY unprofessional. I guess I should have overdubbed them back then but I wasn't confident I'd do it in a natural fasion, I have the original videos backed up.

I watched the originals before you took them down (obviously!) and they weren't that bad. I remember feeling glad I had already seen them when you took them down, so maybe others would like the option to watch them too. However if it makes you feel uncomfortable, either overdub or leave it.

ok, thanks for the input guys. They will be back up in some form (probably overdub) when I get the time this coming week.

Reason I'm thinking about this at all is Shoshone Empires has been getting loads of new views that I didn't expect. Part 1 is over 700 already! I'd like it to have continuity if this trend is going to continue because, as choral said, missing episodes break the flow. :)

Top Bottom