Improved Immersion/ Mod help

JPerkules

Chieftain
Hello,

I love the Civ games. I am excited for BNW, and want to love it. Thus, it's time to make this game the perfect game.
It needs better immersion, better maps. The maps are too flat and boring. Even in Civ Rev, the maps were colorful and exciting to explore, with big mountain ranges, and uneven terrain, with possible waterfalls leading from river to ocean. After completing a building, I saw the building- libraries, workshops, etc...I was really building a city, and some building were built on the sides of mountains.

With so many building in Civ IV and V, I can understand why all of the buildings don't have graphics and replaced the generic art we see in the different ethical cities.
(Although, I still think it would be so much more immersive if the actual building we built showed up in our cities. As is now, most of the buildings are just Excel sheet modifiers, giving us more gold or something...we miss out on that actual seeing the building in our city)

To combat some of this, I would like to make a mod... for those items that do have a physical presence/art, such as lighthouse, colliseum...that will allow me to choose it's location.

For example, I build a lighthouse and am so excited for it to be in the middle of my bay, yet after it's built, I see it inland.

Where do I start with this mod? I've made several XML mods, but this is going to be coding.

Thanks,
JP

I would recommend getting to know the Creation & Customization sub-forum. You will find a wealth of information about modding.

I'm pretty sure the radial / grid layout of the cities are in code we don't have access to.

Top Bottom