Announcing BUFFY

It is a File Permission problem with Vista. Look here for the solution. I had the same problem when I first loaded it up and this did fix it.

I've tried following the solution posted there and I still get the issue. I can't even ignore the HOF warning it gives me to run CIV right now, as it just crashes the game. Frustrating :mad:

Spoiler :

I've tried following the solution posted there and I still get the issue. I can't even ignore the HOF warning it gives me to run CIV right now, as it just crashes the game. Frustrating :mad:

Spoiler :

Did you perform all three Vista fixes? From the looks of the error something didn't work with the fixes.

I am surprised that it crashed after clicking okay. Did you update BTS to 3.19?

Can anybody tell me how to enable and use the strategy layer? From the description this sounds like it would be very useful to me, but I'm blowed if I can see how to enable and use it? :confused:

Thanks
Jack

ALT + X toggles edit mode so you can add and remove BFCs.
CTRL + X toggles visibility of the BFCs you have already placed.

All of the BTS and BUFFY keyboard shortcuts are listed in the Sevopedia (F12).

I have done the first two Vista fixes (will add new admin account when I get home). Buffy loads fine, but BtS shuts down every time I use stack attack. Will the thirs Vista fix change this, or is something else wrong? I had been having problems when loading saved HOF files on 3.17 (crazy cash display and dates), so I completely deleted, uninstalled and reinstalled everything before installing 3.19 and Buffy. Any advice?

I have done the first two Vista fixes (will add new admin account when I get home). Buffy loads fine, but BtS shuts down every time I use stack attack. Will the thirs Vista fix change this, or is something else wrong? I had been having problems when loading saved HOF files on 3.17 (crazy cash display and dates), so I completely deleted, uninstalled and reinstalled everything before installing 3.19 and Buffy. Any advice?
If you want to use 3.17 saves you need to dual install civ4.
  • install and patch to 3.17
  • copy the Civ4 folder in assets and customassets to another name (start a game so customassets is created)
  • then patch the original to 3.19.
You can then create a short-cut to the 3.17 copy. There may be a more detail explanation somewhere. The above is just the cliff notes. ;)

Help! I cant work out how to get BUFFY and BAT to run at the same time.
I have them installed as mods:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\MODS\BUFFY-3.19.001
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\MODS\BAT Mod 2.0

And I can load either one and play them individually quite fine. However I'd like all the BAT features with the new fixes from BUFFY. Ive tried a new mod folder, and then laying BUFFY over the BAT install, but that crashes on init python startup. Customassets is empty BTW. Any ideas?
Thanks - Nick
(desperately wanting to play civ4 on my day off!)

If you want to use 3.17 saves you need to dual install civ4.
  • install and patch to 3.17
  • copy the Civ4 folder in assets and customassets to another name (start a game so customassets is created)
  • then patch the original to 3.19.
You can then create a short-cut to the 3.17 copy. There may be a more detail explanation somewhere. The above is just the cliff notes. ;)

Sorrry, I was unclear. The 3.17 problems were before I installed Buffy. Buffy won't let me use stack attack.

Thanks for the good work.

BUFFY requires v3.19 patch. The issue with the 'Lock Modified Assets' and the interface sounds like you have BUG installed under the customassets directory. At the moment, BUFFY and BUG (installed under customassets) don't play nice together. Rename your customassets folder or edit the BUFFY.ini file in the BUFFY mod directory to ignore customassets.

Code:
; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 1

I'm having the no interface problem in Vanilla, not in BTS.

I've found the NoCustomAssets line in the BUFFY ini file, but not in the 1.74.001 ini file.

I've renamed mydocuments/civ4/cusstomAssets folder, to no avail.

What should I do?

Top Bottom