Mod to play looong slow games

coopsxx14

Chieftain
The marathon isn't slow enough for me... before i know it i am in the 18th century and i want to play long drawn out games.

anyone have a mod for this.

I have civ 4 on a mac with steam.

thanks

Do what I do and modify the tech file yourself to increase tech times. (though copy and save the original somewhere to be able to revert if you want)

I took the Ancient techs and halved there cost twice and added that number to the cost.
I took the Classical techs and halved them once and added that to the cost.
I doubled the Medieval techs.
I multiplied the Renaissance techs by 3.
I multiplied the Industrial techs by 4.
And finally I multiplied the Modern techs and Future Tech by 5.

Also like you I play on Marathon exclusively in order to have the game add to the costs even more. With this you should be playing for quite a long time more. Of note it will b wise to disable Time victory in order to increase play time if necessary.

Also to play long games as well you may consider making Culture victory require 5 cities to win and either not going intentionally for Domination or play on huge and larger continents maps in order to delay Domination victory.

Thank you.

Is there a possibility you could upload or send me your edited file (so i know it works correctly)

you can email me personally if you prefer - coopsxx@gmail.com

I assume things still research at the right time? I don't want tanks in the 10th century etc,

thank you

Realism Invictus
Rom And 2
Caveman 2 Cosmos
History Rewritten
Vincentz Infinite Projects

There may be a few others I forgot, but all of the above have a greater than marathon speed settings.

With Caveman to Cosmos (C2C) you can start at 20,000 BC and your first tech is discovering fire. I once played C2C with an advanced start (my first tech was discovering settlements) at 6,000 BC (Prince, epic, huge map, 16 civs). I played that game for over 100 hours before I conquered the world in 1850 or so.

Top Bottom