Soren's new game comes out this month

Thanks for the heads up. If anyone buys it, let us know if it's any good. I'm done buying games sight unseen.

That's a good and rational way to "do business". It has always perplexed me that people are willingly buying a product without knowing much about its quality, via the plague of pre-purchase. I've never done that, and never will. No wonder games don't release demos anymore (or rarely), considering most games are released in beta form.

But I digress.

I looked at the screenshots and it looks interesting. Maybe not quite up my alley, but it might be an interesting twist to the strategy games we are more used to. Anyway, give Soren our regards and thanks for making such a brilliant game as Civilization 4 :D (and our curses for how Civ 5 turned out, in his absence).

:goodjob:

I can honestly say that the last game I bought sight unseen was CIV IV. And have no desire now to push my luck.

At least by beta testing V, I never had to pay for it.

I took a look at the link in post 1. The artwork is nice but I have never bought a game for the artwork and this will be no exception. Since it is, according to the blurb in the link, a real time rather than turn based game, I have no interest in it.

I bought it when the alpha/beta got released and do enjoy it. It's well made, but I'm curious on how well it will actually do. Is the market for this kind of game large enough?

Yes it's real time and its biggest strength is as a competitive multiplayer game. They do have a campaign, a skirmish mode and daily challenge so there's options for people who want to play singleplayer, but the mechanics of the game are clearly designed with multiplayer in mind. This certainly isn't "Offworld Tycoon".

Thanks for that. If it's with multiplayer in mind, then it's not something for me, as I love single player games and will probably always prefer that. Good luck with the game though. I hope it does well.

Top Bottom