Resources Ideas

Agreed.
BTW: Do we really need Nanotubes? Doesn't sound for me as a real resource that needs to be produced in huge amounts - like Cement or Fertilizer - rather something that any lab can produce with the right equipment.

We do need it. Nanotechnology as a tech is only kept at the two-trick viability threshold by the Nano Research Department and the Tunnel. Without the Nano Research, we would have to cut Nanotechnology and add another Modern Era tech to keep the Modern Era at 40.

Nanotubes serve a use in replacing Aluminum (the go-to for high-tech metals) in certain mecha units, double the production speed of Space Elevator, and are required for Starport, Aerospace Complex, and Durasteel Plant. I think it's established enough to keep.

Maybe you could add something else to Nanotech to make it not a two-tricker.

Maybe you could add something else to Nanotech to make it not a two-tricker.

Personally, I think Nanotechnology as a Modern Era tech is "not ready for prime time", but it's sticking around to keep the Modern Era at 40 techs. I know it's arbitrary, but it's my brand of arbitrary. There were other things I wanted to remove much more. Nanotechnology in other Civ games seems to be either one tech shy of Future Tech and a place to put game-enders (SS Stasis Chamber in Civ5) or part of a sci-fi tech tree and already past the Modern Era. I don't think there is anything I could legitimately give Nanotechnology.

Top Bottom