Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
OS79... this post was a long time ago...but I'm DYING to know what
your answer is if the person really DID install ROM 2.92 and AND 1.75...

But there is a catch...I downloaded Strategyonly's Prehistoric era (which is now
my standalone mod) and it worked fine. But then I downloaded ROME 3.10
and that's when I'm having the same trouble as Entrophy...

When I forget to add "ROME" entry in the Control.xml...It doesn't even work...
but when I do,
Tag:GAMEOPTION_NO_INQUISITIONS in Info class was incorrect Current XML file is:
xml\units/CIV4UnitInfo.xml
and like eight more of those show up...

The worst part is, ROME is a skin modular (I think) so I can't even tell whether the
thing is working or not..

HELP

This is seriously outdated.

For AND 1.74H:
  1. Download RoM 2.92
  2. Unzip it to BtS/Mods
  3. Download AND 1.74
  4. Install it to BtS/Mods/RoM
  5. Download AND 1.74H
  6. Install it to BtS/Mods/RoM

For AND 1.75A (Also known as RAND, as you will understand shortly)
  1. Download Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn 1.75
  2. Install it to BtS/Mods (NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE!?!? Be careful here and read carefully!)
  3. Download AND 1.75A
  4. Install it to BtS/Mods (Again notice the difference!)

Alternate to the above 1.75
  1. Download 1.75
  2. Install it to My Documents/My Games/BtS/Mods
  3. Download 1.75A
  4. Install to My Documents/My Games/BtS/Mods

And as my signature say any other imitation of AND pales in comparison so installing other mod that imitate AND is at your risk or ask the modder in question yourself :).

This is seriously outdated.

For AND 1.74H:
  1. Download RoM 2.92
  2. Unzip it to BtS/Mods
  3. Download AND 1.74
  4. Install it to BtS/Mods/RoM
  5. Download AND 1.74H
  6. Install it to BtS/Mods/RoM

1. Download Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn 1.75
  2. Install it to BtS/Mods (NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE!?!? Be careful here and read carefully!)
  3. Download AND 1.75A
  4. Install it to BtS/Mods (Again notice the difference!)

1. Download 1.75
  2. Install it to My Documents/My Games/BtS/Mods
  3. Download 1.75A
  4. Install to My Documents/My Games/BtS/Mods
And as my signature say any other imitation of AND pales in comparison so installing other mod that imitate AND is at your risk or ask the modder in question yourself :).

....I am now slowly getting the picture here.
AND 1.75A was working well for me before. And after that I switched over to Prehistoric MOD, which supposedly has ROM and AND1.75 combined (a zip file).
But I guess Prehistoric MOD doesn't have AND 1.75A, which could have corrupted ROME?
Nvm...confused again.
Anyways, I got excited because that xml errors that i get at the start-up were exactly same as how somebody else got them before. Guess i should ask strategyonly.
Thank you OS79 :goodjob:

I have a quick question.

I've enabled logging with the XML_LOGGING_ENABLED option in Assets/XML/A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml. Are there other places where I can enable even more logs? I'm trying to figure out this multiplayer crash and the logs I get are useless.

I have a quick question.

I've enabled logging with the XML_LOGGING_ENABLED option in Assets/XML/A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml. Are there other places where I can enable even more logs? I'm trying to figure out this multiplayer crash and the logs I get are useless.

Yes. In your Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword folder there is a Civiliation.ini file. There are a bunch of logging options in it.

For some reason, when I first started up the game, I got a HUGE amount of error messages. Is this a problem, and if it is, how do I fix it? Screenshot included.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0031.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0031.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 234
Or install the mod in your Documents/My Games folder instead of in the Program Files folder.

For example, C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

Go to your Civilization4.ini, in your Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword. There is a setting to change autosaving intervals there.

I have an other one...

Is it normal that i cant build the "stone worker's hut" if i have stone in my city with ROM:AND ?

For AND 1.74H:
Download RoM 2.92
Unzip it to BtS/Mods
Download AND 1.74
Install it to BtS/Mods/RoM
Download AND 1.74H
Install it to BtS/Mods/RoM

Download Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn 1.75
Install it to BtS/Mods (NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE!?!? Be careful here and read carefully!)
Download AND 1.75A
Install it to BtS/Mods (Again notice the difference!)

Download 1.75
Install it to My Documents/My Games/BtS/Mods
Download 1.75A
Install to My Documents/My Games/BtS/Mods

I´ve tried exactly that. But I just can´t run RAND. I run ROM 2.92 perfectly, but every time I start a new RAND game , it stops when initialyzing graphics. Anyone has any clue?

This might sound silly, but could someone explain inflation to me? I can't find an article for it in the Civilopedia and it seems to be working strangely. I attached a screen capture to this post from a recent game that shows inflation at 132%. The tooltip shows -5% from civics and 0% from everything else. Where is the 132% coming from? It's not a "less than zero" error because I tried switching to a civic with +15% inflation instead of -5% and that just puts it at about 17x%.

So, does anyone know where all that inflation is coming from? It's expensive!

EDIT: More specifically, I'm wondering of RAND changes the default inflation system at all. From what I've read elsewhere, the normal Civ4 inflation system ends with 100% in 2050 AD. As you can see, I'm only half-way through a game (in terms of turns) with 132%. Does RAND change how this works? If so, how?

Attachments

• civ4_inflation.jpg
    civ4_inflation.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 207
I need HELP! Okay, I am trying to play RoM:AnD on Windows Vista. I have BTS v3.19 and RoM v2.92. When I try to play AND (v1.75) The little pop up that says "Loading..." comes up, and then the game crashes. I am running BTS as an admin and I ran the AND installer as an admin. Could somebody please help?

EDIT: When I try to play RoM It says it has loaded the mod but when I play it is normal cIV:BTS. :mad: I must be doing something universally wrong, RFC:RAND won't work and neither will the latest version of RFC.

You don't need to install RoM separately. Just install Civ4+BtS and then A New Dawn. It's stand-alone now.

This may have been stated before, but the installer I used installed it to ...\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn.

The correct path should be ...\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

... so if you've got a "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" folder in your "Rise of Mankind" folder, move it to the "Mods" parent directory, and run the "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" mod instead of the "Rise of Mankind" mod.

Edit: Also, generally a good idea to run a "play now!" game to let the mod cough up a defaults file and whatnot. Doesn't need to be anything special, could be a duel map playing as a random leader.

I've pretty much given up on getting a copy of AND that will install without errors and even run. I've downloaded it time and again and always it gives me error messages on the install and doesn't work - usually it crashes BTS when I try to run it. Is there anything the installer does to the registry or anywhere that I need to remove? Am I just getting bad copies of the mod over and over? At least I finally managed to get a bit torrent of ROM 2.92 to play. I don't have that bad a connection - seems to usually be a reliable DSL, though it takes a couple of hours to download the mod.

Any ideas? (I do check where the mod is in the folders, but usually can't even get it to install that far.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom