Multiplayer and Pitboss

45°38'N-13°47'E;14124996 said:
I suggest you both rise your Unit per Tile Limit to 20-25, or you might have problems in later eras.
*Sigh* .... I hate those damn Stacks of Doom !
45°38'N-13°47'E;14124996 said:
So it seems like sort of a mixed bag, is the impression I'm getting, is this mod MP friendly or can we expect problems over LAN?
If you follow above instructions for settings and options, it's playable.
Mhhh ... playable yes, but you need friends/players who can apply a little (or a little bit more) patience. We had some OOS more, but my internet connection is also terrible (Builds gladly times errors or throws me out).

45°38'N-13°47'E;14126903 said:
Lol, if it's got less than 50 units it's not a Stack of Doom.
Ok ok ... I hate the "Stacks of Doom" and the "Mini Stacks of Doom" ! The only that in Civ 5 is better :( .

just out of curiosity what program are you guys using to host MP games? My friend and I use a program called Evolve to host our lan games. Unfortunately we get the OOS problem too. next time we play though we'll try some of the solutions mentioned on this thread.

just out of curiosity what program are you guys using to host MP games? My friend and I use a program called Evolve to host our lan games. Unfortunately we get the OOS problem too. next time we play though we'll try some of the solutions mentioned on this thread.
Plain DirectIP, no Hamachi or anything.

No, its not stable. There are some Oos that havent been fixed yet. Still, mp is playable in fast speeds and not too big maps.

I still want to fix mp and pitboss, if I can. I'm thinking about a hard strategy to do it, but I hope I can get some result.
I'm slowly checking all getSorenRand entries in the dll, excluding those that are identical to original BTS dll. There are about 400 entries. Hard but not impossible. I hope to fix at least some of the OOS problem.

@45: How do you decide if that function is valid or not when checking the code?

@45: How do you decide if that function is valid or not when checking the code?
Empirically. First thing I want to try is to fix some OOS that are reproducible, for example when playing pitboss at the end of first turn. There are some parts of the code that look suspicious to me: I'll try removing the random part and see if the Out Of Sync disappears.

Edit: then I'll have to find a way to reintroduce randomness without causing OOS problems.

Top Bottom