Can enemy use railroads without Commando promotion?

castrito

Chieftain
An enemy stack with cannons along other units attacked me, moving 3 tiles inside my territory and then charging at my city in a single round. I can only assume that the enemy made use of my railroads.

I'm playing AND for almost a year but I never continued my games after Constitution tech and generally even in the vanilla I tend to leave my games before railroads. Enemy use of railroads, without commando, is an AND change, is this a bug or even in vanilla travelling by railroads was allowed for enemy units inside your territory?

Interesting that you mention this. I've seen recently some enemy attacks which also clearly involved travel along my roads (paved roads in my case). The attacking units were in the defensive horse line (forget which exactly), and I believe that no-one should have had access to the commando promotion yet.

There is a bug, I loaded one turn before the war and I canceled the open border agreement and everything went normal the next turn, the enemy could not use my railroad.

There is a bug, I loaded one turn before the war and I canceled the open border agreement and everything went normal the next turn, the enemy could not use my railroad.

So you had Open Borders with the civ that declared war on you? In the previous case, did the enemy keep using your railroads or could use it only on the turn he declared on you?

Yes there was an Open Borders agreement which when cancelled the turn before, the enemy couldn't use my railroads, roads etc.

I didn't continue the game after that because I didn't want to lose the town without reason so I ran the save to answer you and it seems that it effects only the round when the war was declared, in the second round after war was declared the enemy could not use my roads.

Hello! Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have the same issue: all my enemies (in every game I ever did with the mod) can use my roads, what can be quite bothering. Is it a bug or a feature?

Thanks for the quick reply ;)
I hope the team someday manages to fix that bug! Good luck :thumbsup:

Top Bottom